Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that statement of mine "I'd love to be around her", and I just wondered...

Back to that dream of mine where there was two other boys hanging out with her and apparently she hangs with the guys. Do they also "love to be around her", possibly because of her sexual arousal invitation nature, just like possibly why I was attracted to her and "wouldn't mind being around her.".

Hate to say it, damn, I might just be one of the guys, lol.

Except I bet the guys her age aren't normally as aggressive as I was. Though, maybe I shouldn't be surprised if she's come across one or two... or a couple... She definitely had that look like she knew what was coming and was anticipating it... She was doing her best encouraging it... and was it awfully persuasive...

I figure there's a probably a good way to use a winch to remove the larger tree stumps.

I'm trying to figure that out without using heavy machinery, because it's expensive to buy and expensive to rent. Either ties up too much capital or wastes too much money renting. Reselling after buying and using is possible, but you're possibly waiting A LONG TIME for a buyer at an equivalent price you purchased because of the nature of really expensive equipment and there's a much smaller market for it than car buyers.

But with heavy equipment, it appears a backhoe and excavator would work. Digging up the roots around the base of the tree, than pushing it over/out.

[youtube]1vrqg2F_WWk[/youtube]

I was personally think if you assembled a really strong box frame around the tree and mounted the winch on the top of it such that it was pulling the tree straight up, and assuming the frame was wide enough to avoid the roots, it'd have absolutely no problems pulling that thing straight out of the ground. Now how would such a frame be constructed? Or can it?

Not sure if a frame made from 4x4s could withstand the forces involved.

[youtube]2j0Neo6XmMA[/youtube]

Well, that's smart, the frame also makes it "pull up" a little more instead of just straight down into the ground. Looks like you just need to hoe up a circle around the base of tree so that the top layer roots aren't holding the tree stump in. Seems like I'd just use the winch where the tractor is. Need to figure out how to secure the winch since I can't get a vehicle just anywhere.

Seems like all these videos make use of a heavy vehicle, a tractor or truck. I wonder if I could create a wooden sled and weight it down with bags full of clay? Because I have clay for free, just have to dig it up, lol. Seems like the bags are cheap enough, sand bags.

Alternatively, maybe I could stake the wooden frame/box/sled down? Get some "roots" going.

I guess I could get a wooden sled going and then secure by chain or some such around an existing tree. I would dig up the top roots around the tree to remove, and then use a pulley to make sure the stump getting pulled experiences twice the force of the tree securing the sled, in addition to using the mechanical advantage of that A-frame. Then for the last few tree stumps where that technique doesn't suffice, I could stake it down... somehow...

There's got to be a cheapish way to create a fireproof exterior. Is there some way I can just slap some clay on the building exterior? Got plenty of it, lol.

Dec 14th, 7/16 OSB at HD is at 11.95, a reduction from 12.25 a week ago, and 17.35 a month ago.

Seems fiber cement is recommended for fire resistance, apparently rated for several hours. Mix of wood pulp and cement.

8x144 inch or 8 sq. ft. goes for 6.75 at HD right now.

So, smart siding = $26/32 = $.81/sq.ft

osb+fiber cement = $11.95/32 + $6.75/8 = $1.21/sq ft.

Hmmmm.... not a bad option compared to stucco and rock veneer. Cheaper than vinyl, so it'd appear?

So I wonder what a smooth groove between is.

Rubber cement will not only hold nothing, it will contaminate future efforts to get creative. If you use urethane glue, such as Gorilla Glue, that stuff holds. Put a little water there in the hole, put more than enough on the hole and poke it through with something you don't need any more, or maybe you clean it afterward with acetone or citric acid. Too much water will make it froth, not good in this case.

This issue is well beyond what will hold. You need it to LAST. Rubber cement won't hold air as you're filling the tire. Epoxy will have nowhere to bite, as well as being too rigid whenvthe tire is flexing. Urethane will rip what it's glued to apart before it'll let go. What will that mean while you're driving? I suppose this could work, but. . . .

When I first finished college I went from getting student loans to having student loan payments. As planned, but that included getting a REAL job, as well as NOT continuing to support brothers and sisters. So with my party DJ/freelance film and TV/whatever the hell else paychecks coming up short, I figured out how to cut off the old tire and pry on what I found on the side of the road. Which resulted in some interesting experiences. But I was broke.

You, whose writer claims has so much money, should just buy a tire and not get cute.

3521ce9c2dddab1318a3633989a6cc9c--anime-rules-everything.jpg

Okay, think I'm starting off with a 2 story 12x16 with the portland cement. If I feel compelled to move, I can buy other property in the future and potentially rent this one out.

And the RV park idea is on hold for now, no clear indication of financier support. Oh well, I can always start it some time in the future, probably mid-30s, there's really no need to get it started /right away/, just that if I got it started right away, I'd boost my income at a time when it'd have the most significant longterm affect (As early as possible). See... I'm not just trying to "not be poor"... I'm trying to be as wealthy as possible. Beating my navy pay was a good goal to have, but I beat that last year and definitely this year, and now I'm looking for good longterm business investments. Online investments have potential, but there's a hard limit to the kind of things you can profitably manufacture and ship in terms of market demand, market size and what not. Now real estate and rentals, that's where the real money is that the common person can access, and it has fairly strong almost universal demand.

I don't need any higher than 2 story, because roof access on a two story provides enough separation between the ground dwellers that's really not all that appreciably different from more stories. From 1 story to two story is really the most significant, since the person on the ground can practically touch the person on the roof of a one story.

For the roof, I'm thinking high wall railing on the sides and then an elevated roof overhanging that a bit. This should minimize rain entry on the roof.

Not sure...

How I'm going to install the elevated roof with it overhanging the sides. Seems like it'd be fairly straight forward with a crane.

And the sheathing and siding for the second story. But, it can obviously be done, so I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I would privacy screen the back, but it doesn't seem like any product has durability past 6 months. But, I'm not really sure what people are complaining about... The grommets or the sheets themselves ripping and disintegrating. Because I see complaints about the grommets in some reviews, and I know grommets don't normally last in tarps and so that's expected, I'm more interested in how long the sheets themselves last, because there's good workarounds for grommets.

The other thought would be to barb wire the fence line, and then create a privacy fenced internal perimeter, to create the privacy affect of the courtyard while I don't have the courtyard. The separation between the internal and external perimeter is to really ensure they can't look over the fence (and potentially aim over it), and they can't take advantage of any vulnerabilities in the internal fence since they (ideally) couldn't get close to it. The gap between the internal and external fence would be monitored for intrusion.

I think when I start working in the back (Installing fences, etc.), I'm going to chain the dog to the back right corner where their most likely entry point will be. This way, there's a good chance I'll be able to work without their interference since the dog has a deterrence affect. He also lets me know when I should be aware of their possible presence. At that point, he can probably monitor the entire back forest to the street.

Since the only point of the external fence is to normally keep people out, I could probably use those used craigslist t-posts and make it 5 feet tall. The internal fence would need to be 8 feet t-posts, so that the fence line is about 6 ft. 4 inches, which would block the line of sight.

It's funny how 10:01 hits, the time I would normally turn off my generators (Not now, holiday exceptions), then my dog suddenly goes ballistic for the next 20 minutes. When the dog's barking at night is when I'm not going outside, lol. Especially since the neighbors have a history of targeting me during the time I'm turning on the generator, and apparently now turning off the generator. They're taking advantage of this on-the-street vulnerabilty to near full-affect, and my dog is really my first line defense, takes away the element of surprise, can detect their approaches within 200 feet, can't see thru the forest more than 100.

I'm learning german now, so I can talk about them without them understanding me. And german actually sounds kind of cool, I can add that angry hitler accent to good affect. My sentiment is getting a bit more militantly fascist with their persistent armed approaches.

I'm just practicing now.

Fick die mexikaners. Alles das mexikaners im meine gegend das scheiber der welt und brauchen zu sterben.

Filled it up, ran to the tire place, and he filled it up and replaced the tire in less than 7 minutes. He wanted 10, but I only had a 20, so I gave him 20. Whatever, much needed business expense given the timing. I don't have the option of "taking my time" here, need supplies NOW, need food NOW, need water NOW, need to make deliveries NOW, etc.

They were pretty efficient. Had these jacks they put directly on the axle. He filled the jack with oil just prior to use... makes me think these things need to be regularly kept oiled up otherwise they don't work over time... (Mine doesn't work right now).

And, the rubber cement did not hold. It popped probably around 30 PSI, lol. I think I'll try gorilla glue next time, I have to get some first. Their duct tape is definitely amazing, the tape is still holding after a year despite all the sun, heat, cold and rain whereas the standard duct tape wimps out (Loses grip, peels off) literally after a week.

Decided to keep the investment in this property down to a comfortable minimum. I'm willing to spend money on security because I can take that equipment/technology with me when I finally move (Fencing, security systems, etc.).

And, today, I need to seal off the back entry. Suspect a creeper was sitting there in waiting, heard some scurrying when I was turning off my generators. Had my machete in hand and was antsy, so i don't know if they changed their minds or something, or I'm just hearing noises from the wind - it was windy last night. This creeper was setting off the dog between 10:00-:10:20 and the dog was tied to the RV and I went out at 10:30, so it's possible he was hiding back there.

Means i need to get fence staples.

And I will attempt to purchase a junior shotgun.

Who would be creeping around 10:00 - 10:20 every day? Maybe the dog misses the noise of the generator. If I were you and so scared, I would pack it up and run home to mom.

That is my plan, as soon as I sell my house. Mom is in Florida, nice and warm, not like this cold winters in CHICAGO. Not moving because CHICAGO is the center of violence as you put it. Haven't seen Mom in 6 years and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to live there than here.

Dan

DAND214 said:
That is my plan, as soon as I sell my house. Mom is in Florida, nice and warm, not like this cold winters in CHICAGO. Not moving because CHICAGO is the center of violence as you put it. Haven't seen Mom in 6 years and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to live there than here.

Dan

Yeah, it's mainly south chicago and the steel mills near Gary. I bet my violent neighbor who came from chicago came from one of those hoods. Non-south Florida is definitely cheaper than chicago, I'm not really sure why chicago is so expensive. Taxes might be one factor, but there's got to be some kind of draw for people there - the wealthy industries there and all the good paying jobs? Is it the inertia from all the big industries (Steel, auto) during the 80s and many just never moved away not wanting to be away from family? Lots of older people here seem to have moved from Chicago/Illinois, met a couple of them when I ask "Are you from Houston?". And, I know that chicago is one of the top cities for people leaving, as well as NYC.

DAND214 said:
Who would be creeping around 10:00 - 10:20 every day? Maybe the dog misses the noise of the generator. If I were you and so scared, I would pack it up and run home to mom.

Tied down due to business ops and the fact I have assets here. There's no "running back" option. Any "moving option" is going to take at least a week from now, likely 2-3 weeks. Given the immediacy of the defences, I'm just going to have to up the security levels immediately. Given signs of a likely armed intruder on the property, getting serious business. Controlling access points, guarding those access points, and being armed.

swbluto said:
DAND214 said:

Tied down due to business ops and the fact I have assets here. There's no "running back" option. Any "moving option" is going to take at least a week from now, likely 2-3 weeks. Given the immediacy of the defences, I'm just going to have to up the security levels immediately. Given signs of a likely armed intruder on the property, getting serious business. Controlling access points, guarding those access points, and being armed.
Are you on the property or on the easement? You said you couldn't put the RV on it due to the small driveway entrance you built.

Dan

Yep, suspect I'm getting targeted for murder. Not much I can do about it other than staying cautious, arming myself and never let my guard down. Eventually I can move out of this illegales shithole.

Don't know if the white car driving by was someone evaluating the scene now the back entrance has been blocked off, or just a random someone looking for property for sale. They might have been wondering "What does the area look like with the plastic baggie I stepped on yesterday?", yeah, it's a trash area! You're going to make some noise walking in that area.

I wonder if by parking about 100 feet down the road of their residence for about 4 seconds, might have alerted them to an "incursion" in 'their territory' and this is retaliation? I was just checking to see if I could hear my generators, because I almost thought they had a problem with the generators, but if they can't hear it at their house, than that can't be the case.

I don't think they're targeting me because of the generators, I think they're targeting when I turn on/off the generators because they think they know I'm going to be there at those specific times, easy to access.

Saw a video of some guy making his "sexual advances" on a girl in a characteristically aggressive way (It wasn't words or anything... just the way he acts, moving/leaning forward and acting aggressive) and that was exactly the way I acted with the HEB chick when that escalated FAST! So I see this is universal behavior. I kind of did the same thing to another girl, and she developed a crush and trying to hit on me, but I wasn't really making advances on her. Never saw her again, don't know if she quit from embarrassment?

Hmmmm...

thinking about the relationship between sex and money.

Steve's wife was "stealing" money from the joint account that he was depositing his wages into. I find it interesting that steve didn't notice this when it first started happening?

Prostitutes want money for sex.

And I felt somewhat obliged to give this girl money upon starting sex; it seemed odd that she didn't seem to be specifically asking for it, though I'm sure she was expecting /possibly/ something down the line.

And research tells me that women and gay guys look for muscles and money.

So, it appears there's a definitely a strong relationship between sex and money.

Bringing the generators closer to the entrance of the RV and the dog. Even though I don't really like it there with the fumes, it help ensure a safe perimeter around the generators with the dog close enough by. The way the assailant was able to hide was by being some distance from the dog yet close enough to the generators towards the back, but with the generators near the entrance and the dog, such hiding from the dog shouldn't be possible. By being closer to the entrance, public exposure times are kept to a minimum.

Going to buy the shotgun tomorrow and talk to them tomorrow. If they have a problem with something, it's best if they let me know if I can help resolve it instead of hiding in the bush and killing people. Tried to buy one today, but the town I went to didn't sell any.

It seems like it might be a good idea to just buy a 3000 watt remote start/stop generator, lol.

Hmmm... wait... just thought of it....

Let's short out the generator, that'll stop it. :D!

Now what do I have to short out the generator? Oh yes, my transformer does a fine job! lol. Who knew it'd be this handy, lol.

Now when night falls, there's really no need for predictable public exposure. The only public exposure I'll have is putting the dog away for the night but that's effectively random, so it can't be tracked. It's also not "obvious", with the cover of darkness and little noise.

I tell you, when I get to my new property, that bitch is getting setup with high security in mind. Double fence that bitch. For now, I'll get a modest house built and I'll live in it for now, but I'll buy a new property and build on it as well, and rent this one out when I move out. I figure renting is a better deal than selling because of closing costs, and the value of the land should hypothetically keep on appreciating. I think I'll make the rent $200/month, and it'll be payable 6 months at a time, and it needs to be made by the end of the 5th month, or the eviction process gets started by the 6th month.

I'll also entertain selling it for the right price.

Sex and money don't belong in no relationship. Sex likes it's secrets, while money TALKS!

You're not being targeted for murder. Maybe you're being targeted for magazine subscriptions.

Let me tell you a little story about those fires you say are going up. When I was finishing college I had this parttime job with an insurance company writing training materials, newsletters, etc. So I would do research on such things as did a customer who had a fire ever have a fire before? (Coff.) Or maybe 5? We were a bar/restaurant/mercantile program. When those restaurants are in trouble they go up in flames. The only bill that has been paid is the fire coverage.

Miscellaneous reasons why it's advantageous to have the house burn.

1) The buyer would want to tear it down anyway. So you get some $25k payment from the insurance, sell the remaining property for less. . . .

2) For some reason there's a historical designation on the house and ANY work done on it has to be approved by the committee, unless. . . .

3) May not pay for the ENTIRE new house, but it takes a bite out of it. . . .

All the talk of these bitter people burning some one else's house. Oh brother. Makes a good story. The next one uses it. Next thing you know you have an Urban Legend. The Burner. He drags one foot when he walks. One eye bigger than the other. (What else resembles you?) Sometimes you have some cars getting torched in a neighborhood. Round about the 3rd or 4th the guy doing it torches his own, maybe it was bit of a lemon or maybe he couldn't keep up the payments. And the fires stop. They never go burn one or two more just to keep from being the last one and keep up appearances.

Maybe, instead of some killer prowling around, you're sensing the presence of your writer really trying to remember details of this property. Or maybe he's getting tired of writing you and thinking up some new character, which I suppose would put your head on the chopping block. Like some of those weird old movies where the stalker/killer turns out to be the guy himself.

So I figured out what the new title of this thread should be.

Let's see.Another suburbanite who lives in a nice and peaceful white enclave with really no idea what it's like here.

So, this guy, is constantly shooting his pistol behind my yard the day of the creepy suspected encounter. He's been setting off the dog for the last 3 days at exactly 10 p.m. in my back yard. Yesterday night, I turned off the generator at 8:40 p.m., and so they couldn't do their standard "Hey let's meet the dude at 10 p.m." gig. What happened later that day after realizing they weren't going to see me? A militant show of force at their place at 10:30 p.m. with every weapon they had, which hasn't happened in the last 3 months.

And the dog, yesterday night when I turned of my generators at 8:30 p.m., never barked at 10:00 p.m. in the dead quiet of the night. In fact, he never barked any time at all between 10:00p.m. - 12:00 p.m, unlike the last 3 days.

About 5 days ago, they tried meeting me at 8:00 a.m. when I was turning on my generators at my front door hidden in the bush, but the dog alerted me to their presence, I armed myself, turned on the generators and nothing transpired.

They're trying to meet me and they're trying to stay hidden in either the nightfall or the forest. And they've been shooting guns behind my yard which is an area they've always avoided because it's too close to existing residences.

swbluto said:
Going to buy the shotgun tomorrow and talk to them tomorrow. If they have a problem with something, it's best if they let me know if I can help resolve it instead of hiding in the bush and killing people. Tried to buy one today, but the town I went to didn't sell any.
marty said:
Suspect you have a Mental disorder Do you have health insurance? Get some medical help. Good place to start is a primary doctor.

Guns and mental illness can sometimes cause Unintended consequences
Instead of being afraid of imaginary problems with your neighbors why don't you go talk to them? First take a shower so they don't smell you coming. How do the neighbors deal with hot water, electricity? Will solar water heater work in Texas?

Instead of obsessing about the HEB chick. Do you ever think of buying a women? There are web sites where you can meet women from other countries and have them imported to the US. Trump bought his wife.
Is Trump's Wife a Mail Order Bride?
Find a wife with some plumbing skills to help you build a shower.

I have very little knowledge of how to dig a well. Please share some pictures of you well. Water is important to take a shower.

The noise from your generator is causing me to have mental issues.
swbluto said:
Buying forest land, implementing solar
Put some solar panels on the roof of the RV. Get some batteries, inverter, whatever else ya need for solar electricity. Solar electricity could run the pump to pump water to a shower.

Sorry if I am obsessed with showers. I like to clean stuff with hot water. I dream of a new house for my wife and I. Want a instantaneous water heater and a outside faucet for cleaning stuff.
exterior hot water spigot

Y'know, I wonder if my loud verbal provocations in spanish has been setting them off? I normally wouldn't think they couldn't hear it if they can't hear my generators, but then... I remembered... I'm not normally just saying it out loud, I'm yelling with angry enthusiasm. So they might actually be able to hear it!

I had this thought because I'm now insulting them in German, but it doesn't seem to have the same affect because I know they can't understand it. Then I started wondering if they heard my provocations and hmmm.... I started wondering if I was making them angry.

I started wondering about this because "show of force" on wikipedia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_of_force

A show of force is a military operation intended to warn (such as a warning shot) or to intimidate an opponent by showcasing a capability or will to act if one is provoked

Made me started wondering if I've provoked them. Hmmm.... maybe I have...

Thinking about the new prospective location. Pertinent distances.

Distance to walmart
Distance to post office
Distance to cost effective groceries
Distance to cheaper hardware store
distance to homedepot
Distance to a dollar store

HERE vs There.

Walmart:13,17
post office:2.5,6
cost effective groceries:13,6
cheaper hardware store:13,7
homepot:25,17
dollarstore:8,2
auto parts store: 13,6
potable water:6,1

Closer to groceries, hardware,homedepot, auto parts and the dollar store.

Further from walmart and the post office.

The post office is a frequent trip.
Groceries is semi-frequent.
And the dollar store, auto store and hardware store can substitute for much of what I look for at walmart.

Hmmm...

Looks like a better location, other than the fact that the post office trips are doubled. 12 miles a day.

And the racial demographics are probably better, less mexican.

And it's closer to houston (9 miles closer) and closer to the woodlands (9 miles closer, from 35 miles down to 26 miles. To katy, 36 miles.).

I'd say LET'S DO IT!

Need to check out the neighborhood first, want to make sure the demographics are as good as I hope they are.

And it appears mobiles aren't allowed? That's fine by me, don't plan on a mobile! They're too expensive! lol. Expensive to buy, expensive to clear out the land and make the roads for it, and expensive to haul/transport. And they depreciate considerably, though depreciation is probably a lesser concern with buying used, and there appears to be plenty used out here.

Need to verify the road conditions/composition. Verify the neighbor demographics. And need to verify the restrictions/requirements/costs/etc.

And need to determine distance to the rail lines.

With this area getting more illegal by the day, I'm thinking this a longterm trend I want to get out of! I already see the affects of racial tension on a daily basis. This is why Japan is so peaceful; it's so racially homogenous.

In this location, I've committed about $1000 to semi-permanent improvements. In actuality, I'd say $500 is really 'permanent' (The shed and platform). The t-posts and fencing can be removed. So I really haven't committed much to it as of this point, so not a reasonable argument to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back