Mantra Mk II

nutnspecial

10 MW
The years are moving by and my first build has done really nice, but it's time to replace it. Thanks to all here!
0510171804c.jpg

Background: Since my second build, a 2wd traktor of a bike (mongoose hitch), I realize I made the right decision with my first bike and build as a primary. It's way lighter, more powerful, nimble, efficient, and way more fun for more situations. Granted a fat bike cruiser (esp 2wd) IS more versatile in varied riding condition like mud snow beach etc.
1013170153a.jpg

So: I will be working towards refining several aspects of the orignal mantra build, on a fresh and updated mantra urt frame.

These frames lend themselves extremely well to mid direct drives, imo, since I was able to pull one off my first go lol. Anyway, same idea and motor, motor mounting method, dual FW, and URT extension principle/geom.

I have not had the necessary practice with aluminum to chance messing with the frame for extension so I will do a similar bolt up bracket to push rear axle back ~6".

1214171058c.jpg

The newer and supposedly stronger Mantra frames are a breath of fresh air for me. I think they managed to lighten it while really changing geometrical components and construction. I think it will be stronger and lend itself even moreso for a nice little XC racer.

Larger and more squarish (but lighter) fuselage, reinforced headtube, and a completely redesigned rear triangle and added disc mount and removable hanger will all be very useful. . .

1214171059.jpg
1214171059a.jpg

After >20years of the old style frame as my primary bike, this will be a match made in heaven! ( . . . or hell - or wherever I'm headed heheh)

1214171058a.jpg

Goals:

< 70lbs w/ >900wh and > 7.5kw battery/controller capable (till motor saturation).

Similar final gearing of around 40mph for now.

Longer wheel base than before for better control

Wider drop outs for a better and stronger dual FW hub, possibly sealed bearings, and less wheel dish

Wider Urt/extension for ~ 3" rear knobby

Over all slightly more refined controls, more and better lighting, and that's about it for now.

I'll update as it progresses with links pics vid etc, as I also plan to do for the fatbike build.
Any tips or questions are welcome, thankyou!

Thanks It might be a little bit till I tear into this. I'll probably start with a fresh dual fw hub or the urt extension. Not 100% how I want to do them yet exactly. Other than that everything else will pretty much just transfer. This new frame design is amazingly updated though.

______
'Ribs'- I don't care about christmas or annoying unverified posters. I will offer whatever necessary apology only to someone I can believe is real.

BTW, the snow in the pics was our first snowfall. The color is called 'silver cloud' and it looks good in the snow.
It was the first day I got the bike, put it together, and test drove it.
As a fitting 'coincidence' imo for the replacement of my favorite and main bike I've had for over half my life /20yrs

Like this new house I bought this year. It's awesome and mostly untouched since the 50's, got it for cheap!
I already own the other half for a few years, but This year is the 100th anniversary of the entire house's construction.
This is the first time ever that one person has owned both halves, since construction. Nice anniversary. must be 'in the cards'. But it ALL is. The cards are the cards.
Got a 30 camper the very same day for a steal that needs interior remodel. So I find myself pulling antiques and old material out of the house to fit the camper into a semi eclectic tiny house.

Turns out the family I bought it from came from over seas from around the same area of europe and around the same time as my fam. Also, I was telling my 87yo grandpa all of this ( who is son of the immigrants) when he visited; And as he left I found a penny on the ground. What are the chances of all this and that I'd look at the date? The date is my birth year.

We make our reality, at the same time we are a product of it. I don't think we can ever know just how much power we have if we

Back