LTO Lithium Titanium Oxide (Titanate) Battery 30S (now 32S)- Seeking the Ultimate Commuter Battery

SamRich said:
However, the BMS has no balancing function (could not find any that did)

There are smart lto bms with balancing. Bluetooth and lcd display.
Up to 32s 300 amp.
I use the 24s version, and have a few extra. A 32s is on the way for testing.

Also, Chargery new products. 50010b is updated for lto. Need to use 3pcs or 3 times.

32s lto smart.jpg

Lots of 11ah pouches left.
I can possibly weld them in modules.
1000 - 53ah sold out in a week.

Inwo said:
SamRich said:
However, the BMS has no balancing function (could not find any that did)

There are smart lto bms with balancing. Bluetooth and lcd display.
Up to 32s 300 amp.
I use the 24s version, and have a few extra. A 32s is on the way for testing.

Also, Chargery new products. 50010b is updated for lto. Need to use 3pcs or 3 times.

32s lto smart.jpg

Lots of 11ah pouches left.
I can possibly weld them in modules.
1000 - 53ah sold out in a week.

Very nice! thanks...they are not easy to find...Aliexpress search function sucks...

My new fav. may be the Chargery C4012B 12s balance charger.
Preliminary specs in another thread.
Web search show many are looking for high cell count balance chargers.
That's why I worked with Jason to expand his line. Many more new products in design.

I have big plans for it if works as expected.
One of which is charging 33s 65ah-130ah lto battery.
At 40 amps I may use it 3 times for occasional top balance. Or maybe all the time!
Use 72v Delta-Q for normal bulk charge.
At well over $300 using 3 of them may be out of the question. But as it replaces all my chargers and bms/monitors, who knows?

This has sparked my interest in LTO cells. I was not previously aware of these. Just finished some hours of researching them. I am interested in using LTOs in my current project bike. My alternative option is a 24s LiPo battery pack. Could someone point me in the right direction to build/purchase an LTO pack? The durability and safety of LTO is very appealing.

MoonBassMan said:
This has sparked my interest in LTO cells. I was not previously aware of these. Just finished some hours of researching them. I am interested in using LTOs in my current project bike. My alternative option is a 24s LiPo battery pack. Could someone point me in the right direction to build/purchase an LTO pack? The durability and safety of LTO is very appealing.

The very most you can fit on a bike is probably 11Ah cells. I have only seen 2.4Ah, 11Ah, 20Ah and greater
20Ah is way to big unless you go 24V - 36V.
So the first question is, will that few Ah be sufficient? With Lipo you would get 3X the Ah/range and comparable output for about the same weight.
I have a link above on where i bought my cells on Ebay (member INWO), I don't know of any pre-built packs.
INWO might be able to build you one?

SamRich said:
I have a link above on where i bought my cells on Ebay (member INWO), I don't know of any pre-built packs.

I've been up and down the thread and didn't find an ebay link?

Also did an ebay advanced search for anything by seller "INWO" and it says he doesn't exist?

Buk___ said:
SamRich said:

I've been up and down the thread and didn't find an ebay link?

Also did an ebay advanced search for anything by seller "INWO" and it says he doesn't exist?

Sorry, Rereading that i see how that was not clear. its ES member inwo...he posted above. He sells on ebay just search jor 11ah lto cells or pm him on ES.

Look for barbjb on eBay.
Email is the same. Domain is acegroup,cc..

Don't know if the biggest advantage has been discussed.
Storing dead. I've had batteries that were less than .5v for many years. Come back to 100% capacity.

Inwo said:
Look for barbjb on eBay.

Okay. That turns up 3 items: 100Ah gbs lithium batteries; Golf cart; parallel harness for Volt.

I'm coming into ebay.co.uk; could that be the problem?

Buk___ said:
Inwo said:
Look for barbjb on eBay.

Okay. That turns up 3 items: 100Ah gbs lithium batteries; Golf cart; parallel harness for Volt.

I'm coming into ebay.co.uk; could that be the problem?
Try this : https://m.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Titanate-LTO-Kokam-Altairnano-11ah-Battery-cell-6-pcs-for-12v/152810698842?hash=item23943a385a:g:-HwAAOSwH3hZ9fjR

SamRich said:
Try this : https://m.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Titanate-LTO-Kokam-Altairnano-11ah-Battery-cell-6-pcs-for-12v/152810698842?hash=item23943a385a:g:-HwAAOSwH3hZ9fjR

Thanks. That finds the right thing, but... "May not ship to United Kingdom" ... "Ships to:United States" and "The seller has not specified a shipping method to United Kingdom. Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab and request shipping to your location." which probably explains why my .co.uk searches didn't find it ;(

Buk___ said:
SamRich said:

Thanks. That finds the right thing, but... "May not ship to United Kingdom" ... "Ships to:United States" and "The seller has not specified a shipping method to United Kingdom. Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab and request shipping to your location." which probably explains why my .co.uk searches didn't find it ;(
Check out aliexpess there's a few sellers on there.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91735

I have no way to ship out of conus.

Inwo said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91735

I have no way to ship out of conus.

Understood. If you could, it would obliterate the price advantage.

("conus" Continental USoA?)

Checked again.
Flat rate 20lb is $90
I could see what eBay charges. It would cost $20 to send about 15 pcs to shipping center.

Check it from UK.
EBay sets the price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232531107327

Each is 13oz
I listed 1 pc at 1 lb.
It should let you select 20pcs. I have no idea how it works.

No savings. Same $90.
I will have to change the weight before someone buys 20pcs. They won't fit. :D

Inwo said:
Check it from UK.
EBay sets the price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232531107327

Each is 13oz
I listed 1 pc at 1 lb.
It should let you select 20pcs. I have no idea how it works.

Yeah. Way more than doubles the price:

Subtotal (15 items):
$127.50
Shipping to GB
$173.90
Total:
$301.40

But thanks for trying :)

Inwo said:
Go back one piece. 15pcs needs two boxes.

That makes a huge difference:
"Subtotal (14 items):
$119.00
Shipping to GB
$86.95
Total:
$205.95"

Hm, 14*2.4 = 33.6. Ponder, ponder...

I hope I'm not just teasing you. :(
I guessed at the 14 fitting.
If you get serious, I'll have to test fit them. It may only be 11 or 12 fit. Normally I don't ship out of states. Testing the waters for members.

Buk___ said:
SamRich said:
Check out aliexpess there's a few sellers on there.

Thanks. I did look before, but only found the huge 20ah mothers that weight 650g each.

This time I found some 12Ah at 340g.

Like I said above. Aliexpress search engine sucks. I use Google search:

"Lto cells 12ah site: aliexpress.com"

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-Lithium-titanate-battery-2-4V-10AH-LTO-battery-for-DIY-12V-24V-motor-ebike-accu/32830978708.html

Sorry INWO, not trying to take away your business, but it sounds like you might not be able to ship to EU anyway...

He shouldn't be posting about his business here anyway.

That sort of thing (self-promotion of any kind) belongs *only* in the Online Market section, per the rules.

I bought from OSN on Alibaba. They bent over backwards to get me the right shipping, and every cell was 5-10% under rated (i.e. every 30ah cell was between 31.5 and almost 33ah.)

I would love to place a big order with them at the moment, but since the only use I had for them was an off grid holiday home, and they didn't fit in my motorcycle, I couldn't justify any more. If anyone is Aus is keen on doing a group buy, I can arrange. It was $44usd per unit landed for cylindrical 30ah cells, but I can get couple bucks off for larger quantities.

Back