Mammoth electric dirt bike 2019

litespeed said:
Nice bike....really like the transmission!

Tom

and it has 10 inches of rear suspension travel!
a moto seat, it can even be folded for transport or storage..

https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/electric-bike/motocross-mammoth-ebike-inspired-by-motocross-bikes/

Rix, welcome to the thread..

since this ebike uses a suntour gear box pedal transmission similar to / same as your stealth bomber :

how do you and your dad like using the gear box on your bomber, did/ do you pedal your bomber much? can it be pedaled effectively over a wide range of motor / vehicle speeds and up to top speed?? can use of the gear box and pedaling significantly increase the bikes range beyond the range of just motor / battery power??

its interesting to see another gear box equipped ebike enter the market (and starting priced about half the price of its only current competition)..

Rix said:
sub'd. jumped over from the sur-ron thread.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
litespeed said:

Tom

https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/electric-bike/motocross-mammoth-ebike-inspired-by-motocross-bikes/

My Vector also has 10" of rear travel. I think that is pretty common with 3" travel shocks. Folding thing looks complex....not sure I would want to jump something "foldable" but I guess for some it would be nice as long as that person can move its heft.

The tranny is the one really BIG reason I always wanted to buy a Stealth Bomber.....the price kept me away. I have almost 3 times the power of a new Stealth Bomber but only a single speed. If I was to ever have the Walk of shame....it would be just that because trying to peddle would be pretty tuff on anything other that flat ground. I'd hope I'd only have issues up a hill and be able to ride gravity back home! 😬

Tom

litespeed,

thanks for the heads up on the rear suspension travel.. Mammoth does have a concentric swingarm pivot so that probably provides a smoother ride over rough terrain, especially when standing..

an off-road bike that can be folded does give me some concerns as well but the bike looks pretty heavy duty and well tested for its intended use..

have you considered running a speed drive crank / bottom bracket and/ or multi speed freewheel with rear derailleur for wider gear range and pedal ability on your vector??

litespeed said:
litespeed said:

Tom

My Vector also has 10" of rear travel. I think that is pretty common with 3" travel shocks. Folding thing looks complex....not sure I would want to jump something "foldable" but I guess for some it would be nice as long as that person can move its heft.

The tranny is the one really BIG reason I always wanted to buy a Stealth Bomber.....the price kept me away. I have almost 3 times the power of a new Stealth Bomber but only a single speed. If I was to ever have the Walk of shame....it would be just that because trying to peddle would be pretty tuff on anything other that flat ground. I'd hope I'd only have issues up a hill and be able to ride gravity back home! 😬

Tom

Rix, welcome to the thread..

since this ebike uses a suntour gear box pedal transmission similar to / same as your stealth bomber :

how do you and your dad like using the gear box on your bomber, did/ do you pedal your bomber much? can it be pedaled effectively over a wide range of motor / vehicle speeds and up to top speed?? can use of the gear box and pedaling significantly increase the bikes range beyond the range of just motor / battery power??

its interesting to see another gear box equipped ebike enter the market (and starting priced about half the price of its only current competition)..

Rix said:
sub'd. jumped over from the sur-ron thread.
[

Thank you EMX Trials. The Vboxx is sweet. Gears 1-4 will work to get you home if you have to move the bike under pedal power only. Gears 5-7 are the go to gears for trail assist hill climbing and single track riding as well as offroad in general. Gears 8-9 are so tall, you can pedal assist with a comfortable cadence at speeds above 30MPH (51km/H). IMO the Vboxx enhances the machine. My dad, being 71 years old, doesn't pedal as much as I do at 47 years of age, but he still pedals the bike to assist the motor, especially on climbs. The Vboxx makes climbing hills fun. There is no doubt in my mind the Mammoth is a good ebike because of the Vboxx. Stealth has had great success with their flag ship Bomber and after 10 plus years, its still in production. I attribute that to the frame housing the Vboxx and overall performance and craftsmanship of the machine. I haven't ridden the Mammoth, but judging a book by its cover, its got the key ingredients to be a winner. Have you ridden it yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

thanks Rix for the great insight into the gear box performance.. i think Mammoth has just recently started serial production of this model.. I would love to try one, seems well engineered, etc..
they also have a mid drive prototype (pics on fb) but it doesn't have the gear box.. looks like a seat post option and some other options may be available.. I'm looking forward to their entry into the market with a product somewhat unique/ or rare.. with the gear box, etc.. 8)

Rix said:
Thank you EMX Trials. The Vboxx is sweet. Gears 1-4 will work to get you home if you have to move the bike under pedal power only. Gears 5-7 are the go to gears for trail assist hill climbing and single track riding as well as offroad in general. Gears 8-9 are so tall, you can pedal assist with a comfortable cadence at speeds above 30MPH (51km/H). IMO the Vboxx enhances the machine. My dad, being 71 years old, doesn't pedal as much as I do at 47 years of age, but he still pedals the bike to assist the motor, especially on climbs. The Vboxx makes climbing hills fun. There is no doubt in my mind the Mammoth is a good ebike because of the Vboxx. Stealth has had great success with their flag ship Bomber and after 10 plus years, its still in production. I attribute that to the frame housing the Vboxx and overall performance and craftsmanship of the machine. I haven't ridden the Mammoth, but judging a book by its cover, its got the key ingredients to be a winner. Have you ridden it yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

the Mammoth frame kit looks really nice..

I wonder if mammoth might offer it as a frame kit only with the gear box.. other parts optional battery controller, etc..

Alex Imreh said:
You can see here detailed pictures with the frame.
https://ibikes.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/mammouth-with-sr-v-boxx/

you could also probably do a mid drive with this frame kit, motor on the swingarm lightning rods style.. left hand driven opposite the pedal chain.. this would maintain the concentric swingarm pivot, the gear box, and offer a mid drive option..

Alex Imreh said:
They do offer to sell the V-Boxx at 750USD see here https://vk.com/mammoth.bike?w=product-99045560_339441%2Fquery
Do you know somebody else offering the V-Boxx at lower price? Can you find the drawings of the V-Boxx in order to try to attach it to other frames?

Alex Imreh said:
They do offer to sell the V-Boxx at 750USD see here https://vk.com/mammoth.bike?w=product-99045560_339441%2Fquery
Do you know somebody else offering the V-Boxx at lower price? Can you find the drawings of the V-Boxx in order to try to attach it to other frames?

Thats the cheapest price I have ever seen for a Vboxx. The frame with a moto seat would be tits though.

Alex Imreh said:
Another build with V-Boxx https://www.facebook.com/imreh.ro/photos/a.1614259375519541.1073741870.1571763586435787/2031326543812820/?type=3&theater
2a4r2f6 (Medium).jpg
vboxx.jpg

This is Dlogic's machine, he built it in his home shop, then went through the trouble of getting it registered and is street legal in Germany now. Dlogic aka Martin does top quality work and this build is proof. He posted the build somewhere on the first 400 pages of the Stealth Thread.

The V box is awesome much better then cassette and derailleur. I've been running mine more than 10000 miles.. I feel it's gotten smoother.
A little getting used to at first . You don't pedal when turning shifter to switch gears like with a cassette.
Also have to replace the grease in v-box every 3000 miles.
Mammoth got it right using the V-box. Pedaling my stealth bomber at any speed I wish is awesome.

FL bomber said:
The V box is awesome much better then cassette and derailleur. I've been running mine more than 10000 miles.. I feel it's gotten smoother.
A little getting used to at first . You don't pedal when turning shifter to switch gears like with a cassette.
Mammoth got it right using the V-box. Pedaling my stealth bomber at any speed I wish is awesome.

Please what engine are you using? I guess the V-box can not be used with big engines, it will resist only to a certain power limit. Please advise on that.

Alex Imreh said:
FL bomber said:

Please what engine are you using? I guess the V-box can not be used with big engines, it will resist only to a certain power limit. Please advise on that.

The Vboxx has nothing to with getting power to the motor. The Vboxx only allow pedal power to turn the rear wheel via bicycle chain, crankshaft sprocket up front, and freewheel on the motor. So whether running a motor with a 28mm wide stater, or a 55mm wide stater, as long as there is chain clearance between the tire when aligned, the Vboxx will work.

Hello everybody!

Nice to see that our bike was mentioned on ES.

The bike was developed as 100% watertight and foldable. That is what we wanted to get, but didn’t find anything similar on the market.
Here is the short abstract of mounting the frame together. Will post more get-in-car videos later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIV4lwAq_9g

Mammoth_MidDrive_LE f-unf.jpg

Package.jpg

Another thing we wanted is the possibility to get pedals or middrive on one frame. So here it is:

Mammoth_MidDrive_LE_vesr.jpg

- XC version 3kW with Suntour Vboxx or self-developed single-speed system. SS is cheaper of course.

IMG_6811_2_bikes.JPG

IMG_6477_1_bike.jpg

IMG_6498_tail.jpg

IMG_6522_mid.jpg

IMG_6494_mid.jpg

IMG_6317_mid-1.JPG

IMG_6318_mid-2.JPG

Watertight, easily detachable connectors:

IMG_6502_connectors.jpg

IMG_6332_connector.JPG

IMG_6852_bike-up.JPG

- LE version 1,5 or 3 kW middive. No pedals. Thus they are not necessary if you are not a pedal maniac.

Mammoth MidDrive LE1.jpg

Mammoth MidDrive LE3.jpg

Mammoth MidDrive LE5.jpg

Mammoth MidDrive LE4.jpg

You can switch from one version to another by changing the swing-arm.

Here you can see how to assemble the bike after unpacking:
https://youtu.be/RrRXUEv8Y5o

We've already sent several bikes to the USA, and have several pre-orders for the next USA delivery.

Please give us feedback; it's very important – we love it!

I didn't realize the Mammoth Bike had modular platform capabilities, very impressive and by being modular, also unique.

Back