Ebike not powering up help !!!!

markell6146

10 µW
Ok Im a newbie to ebikes and purchased a diy 48v 1000w rear tier kit to upgrade my bike. I put the kit together and purchased 2 lipo batteries specs are 8000 mah 6s 22.2v , after charging the batteries i connected it to the Dc moto controller by lithium battery specs voltage: dc 48v current: 26v. I think I have the wrong battery (?????) Because everytime i try to connect the battery i get a spark but no power . Can anyone set me straight. Please provide info as simply as possible because I have no idea what any tech talk means. :oops:

Question will this battery work its the cheapest i could find, please let me know it someone can provide a cheaper one.

Specs: 48v 10ah lithium ion battery 48v 10ah li-ion battery pack with 54.6V charger+BMS

markell6146 said:
Question will this battery work its the cheapest i could find, please let me know it someone can provide a cheaper one.

Specs: 48v 10ah lithium ion battery 48v 10ah li-ion battery pack with 54.6V charger+BMS

First things first. Did the motor ever run on your first set of batteries? If it never did, then you need to understand the cause, else just buying another battery may not get it running.

Did you hook those two batteries in parallel or serial?

These are my (first set of batteries.) And they havent worked . The diy rear engine kit is new , hooked it up straight out the box.

I purchased the two batterys from ebay
Multistar High Capacity 16000mAh 6S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack XT90 - 2 batteries 8000 each.

I hooked up one at a time. They gave off a spark but no power, lights didnt lite up at all. Nor does the wheel move.

Parallel is battery 1 black - wire connected to battery 2 black - wire. Battery 1 red + wire connected to red + wire of battery 2. Parallel doubles capacity but not voltage.

Series is battery 1 - wire connected to battery 2 + wire. Battery 1 + wire goes to controller's + wire. Battery 2 - wire goes to controller's - wire. Series doubles voltage but not capacity.

Measure the voltage of batteries, the way you have them both connected together now, and tell us what it is.

I only used one battery at a time they are not connected. I connected one 8000mah battery to the controller box and got a spark . But no power lights or any indication that there was power going to to the motor . I checked the battery with my cen tech meter and the voltage was 47-48. I think

You can't get 47-48V from just one 6S battery. 6S * 4.2V = 25.2V. You need to connect them together in series in order to get your motor to work.

markell6146 said:
I only used one battery at a time they are not connected. I connected one 8000mah battery to the controller box and got a spark . But no power lights or any indication that there was power going to to the motor . I checked the battery with my cen tech meter and the voltage was 47-48. I think

You need to read up on lipo basics. Obviously your making errors on how to work with LiPo's.
For one you need to connect the batteries in series to make 48v. With a dongle like this.
dongle.jpg

markell6146 said:
I think this is the one i need . XT90 Battery Harness 10AWG for 2 Packs in Parallel

No. Consider getting some experienced technical help for your project.

markell6146 said:
and purchased 2 lipo batteries specs are 8000 mah 6s 22.2v , after charging the batteries iv.

Exactly how did you charge each battery, and exactly what voltage did you charge each one up to?

First before you plug in the battery make sure you have the throttle power button turned off ...the red button should be OUT not IN or if you have a key switch make sure it is off.
One battery or two in parallel (red to red black to black) will not have enough voltage to run the motor or light up the lights on the throttle.
The spark you get is the controller capacitors charging up and is caused by you plugging in a directly connected battery pack instead of an eBike pack that has a soft power up circuit. It's not a good thing to do and can blow fuses and damage the controller capacitors so consider getting the HobbyKing XT90s anti-spark connectors for the 2 into 1 splitter so you plug the controller into the female XT90s green marked connector. I soldered them together in a male to female set and plugged the male end into the splitter and use the female (green marked) connector for the final plug-in for the controller. That's the one with the built in resistor that stops the sparking so plug that one in last. With any luck you should be good to go.

Back