portable air compressors for tires

tomjasz said:
Thanks, how much case did you remove? Any chance of a picture? Always up for one of your project photos! THANKS!

It's the one shown about 12 posts up.
Another angle:

Tire pump final top.jpg

fechter said:
It's the one shown about 12 posts up.
Another angle:

Tire pump final top.jpg
Sorry I missed it. I like the idea!

I broke down and got a Co2 unit today, was in the local LBS for a cable and spotted it on sale for about $20.00. When I saw it was controlled input and actually has a mini-pump in the handle for if all else fails I figured it's gonna be a good thing for flats 15 miles in on a trail.

I've just come across one that takes AA batteries. More expensive but you can get those batteries most places (apart from on the trail!) but I guess rechargeables would be good, NiMH possibly better than alkaline. I'm not so sure about the AA size, possibly a bit small, so it's one of those reviews first things for me. It is a really small unit though so definitely worth consideration.

alsmith said:
I've just come across one that takes AA batteries. More expensive but you can get those batteries most places (apart from on the trail!) but I guess rechargeables would be good, NiMH possibly better than alkaline. I'm not so sure about the AA size, possibly a bit small, so it's one of those reviews first things for me. It is a really small unit though so definitely worth consideration.

I'd just install a step down converter, wire in a DC plug to bypass the batteries, and run it off of the bike's batteries.

alsmith said:

SLOOOOOOW fills....especially from a flat.

wturber said:
I'd just install a step down converter, wire in a DC plug to bypass the batteries, and run it off of the bike's batteries.

Why bother when a 48-60V is so cheap?

tomjasz said:
wturber said:

No reason. Didn't know you could get small cheap ones that took those voltages. I'm fine pumping by hand, but if I were to carry a compressor, I'd definitely want to avoid also carrying special batteries for it - even if only two AAs, That's my main point.

:D
wturber said:
tomjasz said:
wturber said:

No reason. Didn't know you could get small cheap ones that took those voltages. I'm fine pumping by hand, but if I were to carry a compressor, I'd definitely want to avoid also carrying special batteries for it - even if only two AAs, That's my main point.
:D

I noticed the same pump fetcher posted on ebay with options for 48v 60v and 72v for around $20

Black Marotorcycles Bike Compact Tyre Electric Gas Pump Use 48V, 60V, 72V Power https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Black-Marot...hash=item1c9d462c26:m:mWFGhJGlwVR_gM_hA3bzmaA

It has the same sticker as fetchers pump :arrow: maybe the same seller

file.php

dogman dan said:
https://www.ebay.com/i/253237165814?chn=ps

This is the one I'm in love with. NOT cheap, but at the black Friday sale it can be. Useless of course, if you don't already have the Ryobi drill, and have the battery and charger.

A bit bulky to carry, but when you know you are heading out with a leaker, and need to keep pumping despite the slime, it sure beats a tiny hand pump. Easier to carry than a large hand pump, but it still fills a pannier or rack bag, so not that convenient in size.

CO2 rig for small size and ease.

This Ryobi is $20 at Home Depot. My favorite new air pump.

wturber said:
alsmith said:

These pumps have high current surges, you'll need a converter that can handle that.

Or get creative with external hookups. In the case below I already had a dead pack to skin for it's connection-end, but one could probably make that relatively easily if only teh contact end was needed (and not the latches to secure a pack to the device), just to get power to it.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49550&p=1354572#p1354572
file.php

file.php

teklektik said:
Alan B said:
This Ryobi is $20 at Home Depot. My favorite new air pump.
Ja - only if you already have Ryobi battery packs.
I'm heavily invested in Milwaukee....

The Ryobi battery packs are quite inexpensive, and they have some other nice tools, so I didn't mind adding it to my collection. They had a 2 battery plus charger pack that was quite reasonable. Sticking to a single brand of battery tools just doesn't work - there's no single brand that has good pricing and quality and tool availability across the whole range. Case in point is this compressor!

I'm loving the Ryobi so far, previously I was mooching fillups on my air tank from my neighbor's compressor when it ran out of air. I tossed the Ryobi in the back of the truck this past weekend when I went out on a group trail ride so I have air to share if anybody needs an easy top off before the ride begins.

The Co2 rig I got was the Planet Bike Airsmith, I wanted one with a regulator valve, which it has and also has a built in mini-hand pump in the body of the thing for if all else fails, weight is 135g with a 25g cartridge.

Here is one I made a year or so ago...... Just a cheap 48v pump bought online and removed from its case and connected to the charge connector of my battery. I am sure you could also use the power plug too. I use mine to top up my fatbike tires for the ride home on pavement back from the trail.

I have no idea how much it weighs: I have an ebike so I don't have to care about stuff like that...... I just wanted a pump small enough to fit in my water pack and this does the job.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 2,503
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 2,503
eCue said:
I noticed the same pump fetcher posted on ebay with options for 48v 60v and 72v for around $20
15.99usd on banggood today

Back