Kelly KLS7230 + LMX

ArnoldRimmer

1 µW
Hello all,
sorry if I am in wrong thread. I have issue with my new controller KLS7230S and motor LMX 3-7kW. The is autodetect function , but it can not identify it and show hall error. I read that there can be rveresed wires so I change yellow and blue wireof hall sensors but it does not help, any Idea?

Ya I ran into this same problem, the motor and controller wont work together.

Apparently the motor we have puts out a weak hall signal and the KLS series controllers cannot decode it properly.

You will have to get the KBS series controller if you want to use that motor unfortunately.

I have a KLS controller sitting around collecting dust now because of this.

No clue, that's over my head

All I know is that if Adam from LMX stopped using the KLS series with these motors then it is more than likely the simplest way to happiness. The KBS series are the same price but it sucks buying a new controller for no reason I know

If anyone else wants to chime in feel free since I don't know that actual problem, but I couldn't fix it. I tried every setting in the KLS user program it didn't even think about helping. Controller would have errors and faults all over the place when riding, and it was fairly dangerous to control

Obviously not the same bike, but same problem same setup
[youtube]X3gfSHxSJQI[/youtube]
[youtube]mAgwYfPfANo[/youtube]

ArnoldRimmer said:
My reseller answered that there is no issue with this controller and motor..
Askthat reseller to set it up for you if he is so confident...with the proviso that if he cannot do it, he replaces the controller with one that will work.
..Or just take the prooven solution of skeetab and replace it with the KBS and "resell" the unuseable one......back to the guy that sold it to you

Hi all, I have good news, you can dust off your KLS unit :)We found how fix issue with LMX BLDC. You can regulate hall sonds from motor with regulate diodes. Output signal is based on GND (-) and we measure sondes with osciloscope and there is some signal noise with double amplitude about 0,5V (when is log 0 output fom sonde) So diodes block this and motor works fine. But I have no idea what is this signal used. And true is that phase output from unit is not sin wawe but it seems that output is only trapezoidal waweform.

Hmm that is interesting news! Could you go into a little more detail on how you go about doing this or add some pictures? Odd that your saying the kls series controllers are not putting out true sine wave?

Hopefully i can do what you did also

Arnold...you are a genius! I've been battling my Kelly controller for days trying to get it to identify . The diodes did the trick. Thank you so much!!

klasdja said:
Arnold...you are a genius! I've been battling my Kelly controller for days trying to get it to identify . The diodes did the trick. Thank you so much!!

Can you link exactly what you used to fix this problem, I get the gist of it but not exactly sure

thanks!

Sure. I used a diode on the green,yellow and blue hall wires with the cathode on the motor side of the connection. That's it.
I'm not sure of the type of diode. I ended up just using the three that were included with the controller.

klasdja said:
Sure. I used a diode on the green,yellow and blue hall wires with the cathode on the motor side of the connection. That's it.
I'm not sure of the type of diode. I ended up just using the three that were included with the controller.

Excellent that is all I needed!

thanks

For some reason my controller only came with two diodes, I will have to find one more before I swap back to the KLS controller and try it out..

klasdja said:

I tried this and it didn't even think about fixing the problem

Apparently some halls are 12v and in that case the 5v output on the controller won't power them. Might need to run them to the 12v tap?

Back