Smartphone EV trip dashboard - Android/iOS - $99

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
fechter
100 GW
100 GW

Re: Smartphone EV trip dashboard - Android/iOS - $99

Post by fechter » Nov 02, 2017 12:40 pm

For years I have used a Cycle Analyst to measure amp-hours. If I know the Ahr capacity of my pack, the cumulative Ahr used, I have a really good idea of how much of my pack is left. You could measure watt-hours, but as you point out, the voltage matters when you do this. With only Ahr, the voltage doesn't matter so will work with any pack.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Nov 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Ahs as a metric make sense only within a specific vehicle within the battery pack that never changes.

The confusion starts when people start comparing things like power consumption/efficiency, etc. between vehicles and battery packs. Obviously, using Ahs as a metric between vehicles and battery packs of various voltages is not an apple-to-apple comparison. For that reason, I would use only Wh for all power metric (consumed, left, regenerated, etc) on dashboard and use Ah only in calculations.
fechter wrote:For years I have used a Cycle Analyst to measure amp-hours. If I know the Ahr capacity of my pack, the cumulative Ahr used, I have a really good idea of how much of my pack is left. You could measure watt-hours, but as you point out, the voltage matters when you do this. With only Ahr, the voltage doesn't matter so will work with any pack.

fechter
100 GW
100 GW

Post by fechter » Nov 03, 2017 7:59 am

Powervelocity.com wrote:Ahs as a metric make sense only within a specific vehicle within the battery pack that never changes.
Agreed. My goal is to have a reliable SOC indicator when riding. I always use the same pack.

An accurate Whr measurement would work equally as well for a SOC indication. Since both voltage and current data are available, I guess it's just a matter of doing the right math.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Nov 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Wh as the measure of energy and wh/mi or wh/km as a measure of efficiency are pretty much standard on all production EVs I've seen. Ah/mile makes no sense outside of a specific vehicle and should be outlawed (joking).

Now, estimating energy left (or, even better, range left) is not a trivial task. That is, there is more than one way how to skin this cat. Energy in vs. energy out (Coulomb counting) sounds like a good idea in theory but then there is a challenge of accounting for battery self-discharging affected by temperature, cell age, and tons of other factors that need to be accounted for.

Using voltage and chemistry discharge curves is a quick and dirty way to do it and it generally "works" well for what it is. Ultimately, all you need to know is if you can make it to the destination and you can tweak that riding more or less efficiently.

I am leaning towards the idea of continuous learning and running some statistical analysis based on historic energy use and distance traveled.

fechter wrote:
Powervelocity.com wrote:Ahs as a metric make sense only within a specific vehicle within the battery pack that never changes.
Agreed. My goal is to have a reliable SOC indicator when riding. I always use the same pack.

An accurate Whr measurement would work equally as well for a SOC indication. Since both voltage and current data are available, I guess it's just a matter of doing the right math.

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm

what i missed on the adaptto stuff and here also....

min voltage.

i like to see the real voltage sag of my battery. Only CAv3 has this "feature". :mrgreen:

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Nov 20, 2017 6:12 pm

cool...everything comes closer to open my pockets :D

if i check your website, you have different prices.
whats right?!

x.l.r.8
100 W
100 W

Post by x.l.r.8 » Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm

So if I wanted the 12F with the dashboard (I’m assuming reading the threads all tour controllers are Bluetooth programmable) how do I order one, there’s no such beast on the website. Do I sent you a message asking for what I want?
Intelligence is distributed nearly evenly, with only the occasional concentration in one person. The total quantity of Intelligence is a constant: as more people come into being, fewer and fewer get a sufficient amount for themselves.
Some say this has already reached homeopathic levels.

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm

That will work. Additional controller models will appear on the website soon.
x.l.r.8 wrote:
Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm
So if I wanted the 12F with the dashboard (I’m assuming reading the threads all tour controllers are Bluetooth programmable) how do I order one, there’s no such beast on the website. Do I sent you a message asking for what I want?

wye
1 mW
1 mW

Post by wye » Dec 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi
I have one of your 24Fet controllers BT enabled. Can you unlock the powervelocity iOS app on my phone so that it sees and syncs with the controller. I understand I need to make a payment?
Thanks!

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Earlier versions of the module had only programming functionality.
The dashboard was added some time in Sept of this year. So, depending on when you got the module, it may or may not have the dashboard. All current modules have the dashboard functionality. I don't make programming only modules anymore.

wye
1 mW
1 mW

Post by wye » Dec 13, 2017 4:45 pm

I purchased the controller during Feb of 2017. If I am out of luck on the module could you please make avalable to me ? the earlier 1.0 software since it seems to have disappeared from the Play store. Thanks .

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 14, 2017 1:07 am

I might have misunderstood the initial ask.

If you want to use your current module with an iOS device, it works.
You can get the app from the App Store here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/powerve ... 01461?mt=8
The Android version is in the PlayStore here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ity.EVdash

Your module is compatible and can be be used to program the controller with the above-mentioned apps.
The only thing that will not work is the dashboard functionality as that requires additional hardware.
I do offer upgrades for $50 to current customers.

You can either install the module yourself if you have basic soldering skills or you can send it over and I'll do it for you.

wye wrote:
Dec 13, 2017 4:45 pm
I purchased the controller during Feb of 2017. If I am out of luck on the module could you please make avalable to me ? the earlier 1.0 software since it seems to have disappeared from the Play store. Thanks .

wye
1 mW
1 mW

Post by wye » Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am

Hello ,
Could you please send a PayPal link or give me your PayPal user name to send $50 for the part . Also , please enclose or inform me about the install how-to . Thanks .

madin88
100 MW
100 MW

Post by madin88 » Dec 28, 2017 3:25 pm

wye wrote:
Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am
Hello ,
Could you please send a PayPal link or give me your PayPal user name to send $50 for the part . Also , please enclose or inform me about the install how-to . Thanks .
The new BT modules are getting updates and improvements all the time i was told, so we better should wait until they are ready.

wye
1 mW
1 mW

Post by wye » Dec 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Hello madin88 .
Thank you . I will wait .

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 28, 2017 6:10 pm

The hardware has been stabilized for now and will not see substantial additions in the near term. Most updates and improvements are now pushed as software updates to already deployed modules.
madin88 wrote:
Dec 28, 2017 3:25 pm
wye wrote:
Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am
Hello ,
The new BT modules are getting updates and improvements all the time i was told, so we better should wait until they are ready.

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Dec 30, 2017 9:50 pm

A couple of minor enhancements (software):
- Temperature scale (Centigrade/Fahrenheit) is now a separate setting (does not depend on unit setting);
- Gear ratio setting is added for speed calculations. This would be useful for middrives and other non-direct-drive motor setups.

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 15, 2018 1:18 pm

2/15/2018

Both iOS and Android versions have been updated - please make sure to pull the latest build from the App Store or Google Play.

What is added or changed:

- Bluetooth module firmware update is now implemented. This is a big one as it now opens up possibilities to quickly push updates and fixes to already deployed modules right from within the app. If an update is available for your device, it will pop up in Settings section. Only modules with dashboard made after Sept 2017 support this functionality.
- Fixed error "Input data string is incorrect format" when a non-English language is selected;
- Bluetooth auto reconnection logic Improved;
- Temperature scale switch is now a standalone setting;
- Gear reduction ratio setting is added for speed/distance calculations.

ElectricGod
1 MW
1 MW

Post by ElectricGod » Feb 21, 2018 2:05 am

OMG!!! this thing is so cool! I think I need to buy one.

OK...shameless plug...They are pretty cool and Vadym is a great guy.
ElectricGod...it's a joke...don't take things so seriously folks!

XB-502 Moped:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 0#p1222730

Currie scooter:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 7#p1227407

madin88
100 MW
100 MW

Post by madin88 » Feb 21, 2018 12:44 pm

I am waiting already a long time for an offer for two modules to upgrade two controllers (wich have the small BT module for programming only).
Vadim, if you read this than please check my PM.

Talon
100 µW
100 µW

Post by Talon » Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm

I have your 6 Fet with Bluetooth controller. I only have a 10" diameter wheels on my URB-E. Can I use your new App?

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Yes, why not. Just set the correct number of pole pairs and the wheel circumference.

poles_n_circum.png
poles_n_circum.png (60.47 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Talon wrote:
Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm
I have your 6 Fet with Bluetooth controller. I only have a 10" diameter wheels on my URB-E. Can I use your new App?