Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, just remembered: Wasn't the Aurora shooter a grad student with a bachelors degree who had bad attendance so he wasn't doing well? Where did you pick up your tidbit? Because of the initial stories of "Lab equipment" in his room I had my own half baked theory about him conducting experiments on himself like a comic book supervillain. Haven't seen much about him since, no idea if I was even close.

swbluto said:
DAND214 said:
No septic, no water? Once again, NO SHOWER.
Dan
The water will be sourced by well and a water tank feeding into the water heater. For dumping bath water, just dig up a pit, put gravel in it, and just start dumping. It's grey water, so nothing serious. I'll make sure to use natural eco-friendly soaps just out of moral concern for mother nature.

That's how the ground water will recharge, his tank being his yard and he'll have the opportunity to drink. . .himself.

Dang, what DID you scream out so wildly in you van that the girl heard it and sees you as psycho? Perhaps Dan can guess, since you didn't tell. I could guess too. Safer to just tell.

But the girl didn't hear you, you're just you. I mean paranoid.

Take your mind off your imagination for a minute and learn something. China thinks international grace and civility and relations are now invalid because they were negotiated when China was nobody, now they want to dominate making new rules. Are you ready for all this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/06/28/is-war-between-a-rising-china-and-a-dominant-america-inevitable-a-thought-experiment/?utm_term=.c04cf22f6a31

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/business/economy/profits-economy.html

In many cases men have been able to see the danger ahead of them. But they have surrendered into an idea that seduced them into an irrveocable disaster. . .by their own folly rather than misfortune.
-Thucydides

I don't really understand the USA's source of economic power that enables it to have the high military power that it does. I figure maybe it has strong relationships with oil producing powers and has substantial natural gas, which drives much of its material wealth, from which it can derive a portion of that into the military. But, there doesn't seem to be anything that stops China from developing strong relationships with oil-producing nations, and I think they already do get much of Saudi Arabia's exports.

Saudi Arabia's to china exports exceeded America's back in 2010.

So, easy to suspect that China has all the material wealth it needs to power a military rivaling America's. I guess it just needs the underlying technology, which it has been stealing and "developing", so I don't think it has deficits there and it just takes some time to produce all the competing equipment (ships, airplanes,missiles,etc.), so it's not hard to suspect within 5-10 years, China's military power will meet America's.

it'd be foolhardy to estimate China's military power from its GDP per capita ("The average chinese person is poor"), in light of its massive population (1.4 billion vs America's 323 million). Its military expenditure is some fraction of the GDP, itself a product of the GDP per capita and population, and I get this eerie suspicion they aren't paying exorbitant per unit prices to companies like Lockheed and Northrup Grumman. This is relevant in light of Trump renegotiating contracts with these guys, claiming they've been milking the government. Trump is essentially trying to make America globally competitive, militarily and economically.

Well, now, looking at this guy's arguments...

Shelter and a car.

Doesn't seem unreasonable. I think it's unreasonable, however, to expect it be given freely. I believe "borrowed for a reasonable amount of time" is more appropriate. To discourage unproductive use, I would impose escalating rent. Something like $0/month for the first year, then increase it gradually to the topside rent. For a beater car, I think $100/month is reasonable plus they pay for all repairs/maintenance and insurance.

I don't think it's unreasonable because it's a necessary initial investment to get the venture started. Without cars, you can't go apply for jobs, interview for jobs OR especially commute to jobs.

However, if the venture never starts within a reasonable amount of time, taking in consideration local and national conditions, I think it's appropriate to cut them off. Loafers will not be enabled.

i think I would be willing to fund relocation if I believe it's particularly beneficial.

Since I'm already in one of the best cities already, I don't think the last item would be necessary.

For someone that settles in one of the poorest outpost towns in America with an exceedingly low percentage of "living wage jobs", I think it's pretty reasonable.

-------------

To my "friend" whose the same age and now the "assistant manager" at Albertsons and feels all sorts of "I'm important and influential" and looking down at my joining the nuclear reactor forces...

LOL!

THAT GUY CAN SUCK MY TRALALALA!

LOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

Sorry buddy, I've been at places and going places you can only dream about, and I sneer at your poor sense of judgment.

On that cynism quiz, they had an item as to which one are looking forward to the most.

they had things like "paycheck,car,something else,girlfriend tonight"

well, I already know what all of that's like, and nothing compares to the girlfriend. This guy saying 16 year olds are like a mixture between 'christmas' and 'getting a paycheck', I don't think that quite captures it. He's referring to the 'excitement' which don't get me wrong, is definitely there, but that's not really the essence. it's that fiery steamy savory passion and incredibly comfortable warmth. Maybe i'm referring more to the 'love'/'arousal' or, probably more specifically, the eye lock and all the powerful overwhelming effects therein.

I probably would've had a different opinion before the HEB chick.

swbluto said:
I don't really understand the USA's source of economic power that enables it to have the high military power that it does.

Oh, you DON'T? So in the 90's Jimmy Carter would go to these tinpot dictators and give them a video about Desert Storm. That was a time of peace breaking out all over the world. Such was the image of how these things work at the time. Then came 911. Whole new opinions took over not everyone, but certain types. The military had difficulty with those certain types, yet the certain types have largely died over time.

Maybe I misunderstand your misunderstanding of the economic power. When the U.S. Navy arrives when pirates are going after a ship, the pirates are stopped. There's not just wars but natural disasters to be fought, the U.S. Military goes to work. It pays to deal with the U.S., the Military is a big part of it. And let's not forget the financial power that military creates inside the U.S.

swbluto said:
So, easy to suspect that China has all the material wealth it needs to power a military rivaling America's. I guess it just needs the underlying technology, which it has been stealing and "developing", so I don't think it has deficits there and it just takes some time to produce all the competing equipment (ships, airplanes,missiles,etc.), so it's not hard to suspect within 5-10 years, China's military power will meet America's.

This was said of Japan prior to WWII. They had the biggest aircraft carrier fleet in the world at the time of Pearl Harbor. They had more under construction, too. They had a LOT to learn about operating a Navy, as well as an army and an air fleet.

So about the time the U.S. was retiring the original Stealth Fighter, China was coming out with a knockoff of it.

swbluto said:
Well, now, looking at this guy's arguments...

WHAT GUY'S ARGUMENTS????

Dauntless said:
WHAT GUY'S ARGUMENTS????

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/why-31-old-supported-parents-152807538.html

This guy. He says it's reasonable to expect car and shelter to provided by the parents, and I agree to some extent, with the idea of mechanisms in place to discourage loafing, and ultimately complete cutoffs. I think 31 is a reasonable cutoff. I personally got cut off at 1 year after college, effectively.

This guy who was my tow car guy was saying.... "Dang, they just kicked you out.." kind of disbelief, well... yeah... I think it's kind of reasonable by age 29, although I certainly could've used another year's worth of savings, I could've built a house immediately after moving out instead of being stuck in an RV for another year. Probably could've bought one of those $10,000 specials you find here and there. But, I would've also still been at the mercy of the 'marketplace', and it's so much better to cherrypick prime properties and mail the owners, something I wouldn't have insights with. Not only do you get prime properties, you can also get a really good price on it substantially below fair market value.

Essentially, getting stuck with "a bad property" in a "bad neighborhood", has given me the experience to choose MUCH BETTER properties and neighborhoods. And, being around mailing entrepreneurs gave me that insight that mail campaigns actually work. So, it's probably best I went around it this way, getting stuck with the shittiest first, earning valuable experience I wouldn't have had otherwise.

These articles saving that millenials are saving up for 'the real deal', presumably renting until then.

hmmm.... yeah... I guess that's fine... but.... you're wasting a lot of money on rent in the mean time. And good lord, if they feel any obligation to pay off their student loans first, you're only wasting more money unnecessarily delaying it even longer. And then they're paying marketplace prices, which is WAAAY overpriced due to mortages. You only need to look back to 2010 to see what affect a lack of mortgages had on the market, house prices crashed to "cash prices", and the only people with cash, investors, were scooping them up like hotcakes.

So, this idea that house = marriage.

So, this girl at nuke school wanted to marry because she wanted a house.

And she wanted to marry me, specifically, because she saw money down the road. I already gave her some help that helped increase her income by $500/month, and she apparently wanted to suck my d*. Plus, I think she just wanted to have sex with my hot body, lol. This isn't something that came naturally by the way, this was purely affected, it's a frame of mind that practice can help to achieve. Then when you're the real deal, like I am now, it no longer takes practice, lol.

So, in conclusion, in the popular conscious...

house = marriage.

so, when I implied a house and seared the sexual pair bond with the HEB chick, I think that pretty much insinuated "marriage", especially in these religious states. And she was tearing so emotionally.

Then there was that girl in chicago who was pretending to not plead for it but really was, but I didn't like the affect she had on me. anxiety/inadequate as if feeling lonely in her company. I.e., not really "a friend" at our cores.

DAND214 said:
No septic, no water? Once again, NO SHOWER.
You know they do make a nice tent you could put up.
Sleep on the floor, do it in the back of the lot. Just hope the wind always blow the right direction :lol: :lol:

You can get a loan, how? You don't have a steady income by the books.

Dan
Shower?
Have you heard about my Automatic People Washer?
marty said:
After fishing wires and cleaning air ducts I get dirty and tired. Do you ever come home after a hard days work and think...... I should take a shower because I am dirty, but you are tired and just want to lie down. Perhaps you would be interested Marty's Automatic People Washer? Works like a automatic car wash but is designed for people. Nursing homes love this equipment. Saves a lot of labor. Wondering if I could put my dirty monkeys in my automatic people washer?
file.php
Is this a change in the new forum? My monkey picture got smaller. Go here to see full size monkey picture.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48666&hilit=telephone+pager#p718134
Humans who don't shower smell like a little bit like monkeys.

Trying to find median san fran salary. Wonder if it has any relationship to the average high number of sexual partners in that city.

So, $77,000 is the median household income. The median salary seems to be usually (30,000/50000) of that, so that implies it'd be $46,000.

So the average person making $46000/year in san fran is having sex with 30 different partners a year?

What?

What's going on?

I wonder if that survey was completely bogus.

Now if the income was concentrated into the younger crowd, I could plausibly see that trend. There's a possible trend for this among the tech markets, but that still comprises a mere percentage of jobs in the bay area.

I know san fran is one of the gay/lesbian capitals and they are known to be promiscuous, but even then, I still don't think that represents "the average" san franny.

Now if it's a combination of gay people, wealthy young males seeking prostitutes weekly, I could plausibly see that skewing the numbers. Even that seems like it still wouldn't be explaining 'the average san franny'.

https://archives.sfweekly.com/sanfrancisco/resolved-i-will-get-laid/Content?oid=2150640

most tired and oft-repeated lament among single, hetero San Francisco women is the claim that they cannot get laid

hmmm... that does suggest a prostitute and gay trend in the city...

could skew the numbers a bit...

---------------

thought about san fran a little more.

so bunch of high earners who can't afford their own place due to high rents/high prices.

what's a guy with lots of money and no place of his own to do?

spend it on prostitutes.

so, that's probably it.

heterosexual girls expect 'a place' from their boyfriends, and most girls want boyfriends vs one night stands, and in san fran... guys with a place all their own are hard to come by...but yet they are still so wealthy... the money finds prostitutes, and prostitutes go find the money...

so, it's largely due to heterosexual female expectations of males: having a place and a job.

They have a job, but no place of their own...

If female expectations were more adaptable, they'd probably have less of a problem with "getting laid".

Felt a spark with the walmart cashier. I just asked if I could check out front, and she said yes, so I just left.

Sparks are great, but I'm finding they're common enough, I can wait until I got the prereqs in place, then I'll put more effort into 'searching' more seriously.

In terms of "the one", that requires a "deep and overwhelming" feeling which seems to take some conversation to potentially develop. I don't know if a spark is required here... didn't really seem like I had an initial spark with the HEB chick... though I definitely grew increasingly attracted to her, especially to her voice...

I say that in light of...

https://thestir.cafemom.com/love/142300/he_may_not_be_the

He May Not Be 'The One' If You Have Romantic Sparks -- Huh?d
Although, having just read this article...

It just says it shouldn't be the only thing, but it's important in a "necessary" kind of way nonetheless, lol.

So, thoroughly vet all the "spark people".

This theory that the spark marks the excitement of trying to achieve someone who's unachievable...

what kind of BS is that?

After the HEB chick, I had no such impression anyone was "unachievable".

And if they are "unachievable", like they despise my guts kind of unachievable AND NOT the "they are so hot" kind of unachievable, I don't waste my time...

I don't normally like hanging around people who hate my guts...

The presiding design force with the house will be... "would mother approve?"...

If she'd approve, so would most girls...

I aim to have a bathtub in the new place. The reason why i'm not adding beyond necessary improvements to this property means LESS MONEY FOR THE PROPERTY THAT NEEDS IT.

By the way, saw two different 20-something girlfriends of the guy across the way. So, this is a neighborhood that girls don't mind being in, exactly what I'm looking for. And personally, I want to be in a neighborhood where I'm not so concerned about getting attacked in the middle of the night by narcotica illegal alien assassins.

i get this impression one of the girls was a classic hoe. Had the classic signs, chest puffed out like someone attracting some dick, well-styled curly hair (Actually, more emphasis on voluminous...trying to attract attention...)

I yelled "Look! A hottie! Oh shit, my window is rolled down, lol."

I didn't really care, it's all fun and games, something to laugh at. (I didn't actually think "she was hot", she was acting like it though, which is what i was poking fun at.)

I see that one such mexican druglords were likely behind the bombing attacks in Austin, 'sophisticated bombs' are a tale-tell signature of the mexican drug cartels. The fact that victims were uniformly sub-30 black males tells me COMPETING DRUG DEALERS/DISTRIBUTORS.

You don't know how paranoid i've been of getting a carbomb attached to my van. :shock:

i'm just hoping they don't have the sophisticated knowhow, not being attached to the main mexican cartels, or so I hope.

-----

chainsawed one of the three trees that needed to come down. Pinched the chain and finally got it removed but the chain bent, bummer. The day is over. i'll remove the rest of the small tree stumps in the construction site with my handsaw just so i can proceed with construction.

I'm leaving the other two up, hoping they won't fall down. Thinking they're too massive.

was feeling persistently sleepy in a way that naps couldn't stave off, and was getting subtle 'hot flushes', so I had a banana and problem solved.

low blood sugar.

not so surprising in my effort to reduce my banana consumption.

seems like fruits have something special that can't be replaced by starches, in a way that it tastes so good, it just can't be wrong.

I guess squash has a little bit of that 'creamy sweetness" to it, like a milder form of a yellow banan, at least the yellow squash I had today. google is telling me medium squash has 4.3g sugar while a medium banana has 14.3g sugar. I guess the taste difference seems about right.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19138438

Further adjustment for other plant-based foods did not alter the association of fruit intake with mortality from total stroke, total CVD and total mortality, but attenuated the associations of vegetables and beans with mortality risk. In conclusion, intakes of plant-based foods, particularly fruit intake, were associated with reduced mortality from CVD and all causes among Japanese men and women.

Yep, fruit wins.

one of the things i need to do now is measuring 28 feet horizontal across a downward slope.

Trying to figure out how.

suspect I'll need some kind of rod to stick into the ground to mark likely corners, string, a line level, and probably would need to use my 150' tape measure.

This is a different approach then last time, because there really wasn't a slope to account for.

Then how to make sure the rod corner markers are perfectly rectangular...

How could I use a t-square...

i think maybe i could use the pythagareon theorem.

stretch out the line to the required distance (About 20 feet, the width of the house), then calculate the required diagonal distance according to pythag's theorem, then put it somewhere, measure the diagonal, adjust accordingly, measure again... until the diagonal matches the calculated distance according to the pythageron theorem. it's then square.

I kind of wondered about how 'the rule breakers' have such success with ladies.

i thought about that...

i think the answer is simple...

'romantic rules' are made to be broken, because that's exactly the thing that escalates.

for example, kate perry just kissed this guy and caught him by surprise and he was flushed with the essence.

Just like my spontaneously gazing into the heb chick's eyes caught her by immense surprise and she was definitely overwhelmed by the essence.

This is exactly what she looked like when her eyes first met mine, and then she quickly looked away. Looked left, then right, then couldn't escape...

stock-photo-cute-female-model-looking-with-bugged-eyes-and-widely-opened-mouth-at-camera-being-astonished-of-682726165.jpg

I think the sense of entitlement among "bad guys" also helps. Girls are best taken and their hearts stolen.

"Asking nicely" is not taking. giving them the choice is not taking. now insisting, yes we're getting somewhere. not taking no for answer, we're definitely getting somewhere.

It might help to think you're the boss of her and shes your pet and pets do what the boss wants, and there might be some initial resistance (There probably will), but when she submits... she's one happy girl.

Thought more about hallway design.

So, it needs to be 42 inch minimum finished-wall-to-finished wall.

from the center of the stud, there's 2 inces to the face of the attached finished wall.

so, the stud walls need to be spaced 46 wide center to center for a 42 inch gap.

For convenience,let's make it 4 feet (48in) center-to-center.

it's easier designing on my graph paper aligning by the foot, each line representing a foot. And the lines represent the stud centers, for less confusion.

So the house needs to be 20 feet wide and 27 feet long, this implies the floor should be 21 feet wide and 28 feet long.

want a little lip for easy sheathing placement. The floor would benefit from weepholes installed, to minimize the water seeping into the house issue.

i guess the standard way is to fit the wall studs to edges of the floor frame, which seems more standard and definiteless less floor rain coming in issues, and then to put temp ledges in place attched to the floor frame where the sheathing will stand on, using 2x4s.

it works, but not as easy as it could be.

but there would be extra cost, let's calculate it.

21*28-20*27=48 sq.ft.

so about 1.5x 4x8 sheets, about $30 extra for the lip.

i'm going to do it, since the edge of the studs aren't actually 20 feet wide, it's 20 feet + 2 studs thick = 20 feet 7 inches.

the exterior wall isn't actually put on center according to the design, that corresponds to (nearly) the finished wall.

so 21 feet would be perfect.

So finished chainsawing the rest of the stubs and raked up all the pine needles, now I just need to lop the remaining sapling trunks and put the pine needles in bags (there's too much to just "push off to the side") and I'm ready to start leveling, measuring, squaring and marking the floor frame corners. Then start marking, digging, pouring, putting in gravel, etc.

Saw a logger in the area who purchases timber (biz card at the PO), so I thought i'd give him a call to see about an estimate, mainly curious. If it's significant ($4000 or some such), i'd likely greenlight it but otherwise I really don't want to wait to develop.

the new area appears to have 20-something renters and 30-something residents. Yeah, baby, that's what i'm talking about, not so unscrupulous neighbors and a neighborhood the babes don't mind. The difference in 'babe quality' between THAT neighborhood and THIS neighborhood is HUGE.

to think, i was getting inadvertently cockblocked by this neighborhood for so long, lol.

girls wasn't really a first thought when i was purchasing the property, mainly thinking about optimum business factors, but it's funny how quickly that became an interest after moving.

it's funny hearing this comment like "girls just care if you listen, they don't care about your car or job", and I'm thinking to myself, 'which world does this guy live in?".

I swear the FIRST QUESTION I get from a girl whose interested in me, even in veiled form, is "Do you have a job?". (This came in the form of "What have you been doing lately?" from the HEB chick.)

The girl who asked me this today, I was thinking to myself "what makes this girl think I want her as a girlfriend?". Because, no, I don't want her, there's no chemistry/no spark. And she's mexican. And she has children. And not just any children, mexican children. I'm not exactly interested in supporting other guys' children, numero uno, and numero dos, especially not the scions of illegal invaders. I'm not exactly supporting the illegal invaders, seeing how they job-blocked so many unemployed legal americans during the great recession in businesses they had prior monopolized (mexican becomes manager, suddenly only mexicans are hired. and only white people are racist, LMAO!). many natives were effectively kept to the sidelines by illegals!

and I'm not talking about agricultural jobs. there's a temporary visa program for specifically that purpose.

It's interesting that Dylan Roof's sister was ridiculing the national school shooting protest walkout saying "I hope it's a trap and y'all get shot!".

Because, you know what kind of thinking that is...

That of a murderer.

They think in terms of entrapping people and murdering them. Not unlike how a hunter will trap animals and kill them.

Now, I'm not going to say everyone who thinks like that is a murderer, I'd speculate the percentage is probably more like .000001% of those with thoughts like that actually become murderers. Or maybe more like .01%. Anyway, it's just interesting how see how Dylan Roof's sister shares the same kind of murderous "thought patterns" as her brother apparently did. Telling me it appears to be familial, possibly genetic.

Could be cultural too. Charleston, SC is BIIIG into guns. There's definitely lots of hunters there with the abundant deer populations. And South Carolina is more permissive and non-taxing than even Texas, it has the lowest gas prices in the nation, for example, despite it having no refineries anywhere near by.

In light of girls looking for a guy with a job... (And a place)...

it's interesting i remarked being employed and having regular sex is important to male health.

It's interesting how those two facts seem to dovetail into each other.

And then further, this idea of 'bringing a girl back home', a very common search query. (the 'has a place' prerequisite)

And further, based on dauntless's experience with the homeless guy inheriting a house...

it'd seem being employed, having a home(or "place", apartment, etc.) and regular sex are important to male health.

and girls are looking for a guy with a job and a place...

when the police kicked me away from my residence, did i feel pain shooting thru my carotids, i didn't 'have a place' despite owning a property. ever since coming back and staying, no such carotid pain of that nature/severity has been felt since.

It's interesting, how when i feel like I come across minor things, i feel no need to keep a secret, though i might boast about it or some such secretively.

But when i come across a REAL BIG SECRET, like I've increasingly recognized, i'm telling myself to STFU. definitely don't boast about it and definitely don't even hint at it

i thought i was looking at potentially a smallish kind of opportunity, but i'm realistically thinking we're talking about maybe a cool million or more, based on some math i did.

Just a maybe. Might be a mere couple hundred k.

Might need to hire people or outsource.

Did some quick mental estimates.

for 20x27

studs,floor frame, trusses,weatherwrap,sheathing,siding,drywall,rooftile,flooring,tiling,internal wall studs and drywall, doors, windows (from a 'cheap source')...

I estimated an additional $5000 ontop of the $1000 worth of OSB I already have.

I can do it, but wow.

i was hoping it'd only be an additional $3000, lol.

I might do a proper analysis soon enough.

then the kitchen, oh my. counters and countertops. thinking cabinets might have to wait, lol.

think I'm going to use my tax-id for tax-savings. I think I can legitimately claim tax purposes, since I plan on eventually reselling it... maybe in 5 years... or 2...

thinking i might want to arrange bathroom near the kitchen sink and hotwater heater for shorter plumbing requirements.

Well... let's arrange this into categories...

------------

foundation (concrete,gravel,dekblocks,spacers)

$200

------------

wall frame studs

each 8 foot section needs 7 vertical studs, a floor member, and 2 ceiling planks.

at 3.29 each,that's 29.61. with 2*(20+27)=94, that's nearly 12 sections, so 12*29.61 = $355

---------------------

floor frame

10 foot+12 foot per joist.

28*12=336 inch length.

336/16 = 21 .... 21+1 = 22 joists.

outside borders

10+10+8+10+10+8

As of today

So, 2x6 totals:

12 footers: 22 (10.67 each, total = $235)
10 footers: 26 (8.67 each, total = $225.42)
8 footers: 2 (6.98 each, total = $14)

floorframe total = 235+225+14 = $472

-----------------------

trusses

20 foot trusses...

7x 8 footers per truss...3.29*8 = $23 per truss

16 inch spacing (tree load)

#truss = 27/1.5 = 18

brackets = $40

truss total = 23*18 = $454

----------------------

weatherwrap for wall, roof

wall surface area = 2*(28*8+20*8)= 768 sq.ft.

roof area is approximate to floor area, 28*21 = 588 sq. ft.

So, $110 total for roof and wall, buying 5x 3x100 rolls at $22 each

----------------------------

wall sheathing

Already paid for

-----------------

floor sheathing

already paid for + $100 more

------------------

roof sheathing

588 sq.ft. area

588/32 = 19x

19x$21 each = $399 (using 21/32, tree load. 7/16 is too thin.)

siding

wall area = 768 sq. ft.

(fiber cement)

768*1.3/sq.ft. = $1000

---------------------

external wall drywall

wall area = 768 sq.ft.

lite drywall = $10/32sq.ft = $.33/sq.ft.

768*.33 = $254

------------------

roof shingles

roof area = 588 sq.ft.

$1/sqft -> total = $588

-------------------

flooring

kitchen and bathroom tiling

floor area = 20*27 = 540 sq.ft.

let's say 400 floor, 140 tiling.

floor padding = 30cent/sqft
flooring= $1/sq.ft. (can't tell which is 'fluffy' online)

$1.3 sq.ft*400 = $520

porcelain tiling = 140*$5 = $600
vinyl tiling = 140*.7 = $100

------------------

internal wall studs and drywall

40 studs * 3.29 = $131

internal wall area

10*8*2 + 20*8*2 + 12*8*2 = 672 sq.ft.

672*.33 = $221

total = 221+131 = $352
----------

doors

2 external doors = $160

2 internal doors = $100

total = $260
----------

windows

8 windows @25 each = $200

-------------

appliances (bathtub,water heater, plumbing)

$600

-------------

utilities(utility pole)

$500 + 500 deposit

$1000
------------

nails

$100

-------------

GRAND TOTAL = 200+355+472+454+110+100+399+1000+254+588+100+352+260+200+600+1000+100=$6544

[strike]so assuming $6000 total for 520 sq. ft., that's nearly $12/sq.ft.[/strike]

At $6544 total and 540 sq.ft., we're looking at $12.12/sq.ft.

Taking utilities out of there, that'd be $5544 and $10.26/sq.ft.

Taking appliances out, that'd be $4944 and $9.15/sq.ft.

What else could I remove...

Could remove all the flooring/tiling...

save $620, that'd be $4344/540 = $8.04/sq.ft.

we forgot ceiling drywall... 540sqft*.33 = $178 more.

What else could we remove...

wouldn't remove exterior materials, part of neighborhood impressions.

I think FOR NOW...

we'll eliminate the flooring, except for the bedroom, and appliances, but we'd keep utilities.

So, 6544-620-600+178=$5502 total.

Dang... that still takes quite a bite doesn't it...

We'll evaluate income opportunities, and start pursuing the maximum ROI ones, using what capital we have left and in time, we can justify adding the rest of the flooring and appliances.

swbluto said:
And further, based on dauntless's experience with the homeless guy inheriting a house...

He became homeless after he inherited the house. He lived most of his life with his parents up until then. Technically I'd even say ALL of it.

swbluto said:
when the police kicked me away from my residence, did i feel pain shooting thru my carotids, i didn't 'have a place' despite owning a property. ever since coming back and staying, no such carotid pain of that nature/severity has been felt since.

Did I miss that part of the adventure? Was that when you first got there? This would be an example of what they call 'With the Consent of the victim.' The police CAN'T drive you off your own property. If they threaten you with arrest they don't have a charge such as trespassing and get themselves in big trouble if they follow through.

swbluto said:
Because, you know what kind of thinking that is...

That of a murderer.

They think in terms of entrapping people and murdering them. Not unlike how a hunter will trap animals and kill them.

Now, I'm not going to say everyone who thinks like that is a murderer, I'd speculate the percentage is probably more like .000001% of those with thoughts like that actually become murderers.

Are you trying to get us to figure out that YOU are the Austin bomber?

Dauntless said:
Are you trying to get us to figure out that YOU are the Austin bomber?

This is getting old.

Just because Nick Cruz got taunted just like you are doing to me, doesn't mean shit.

As I said, we're talking about 1 out of 10,000 kind of statistics here. Probably closer to 1 out of 2,000,000.

Just because Dylan's sister is cognitively similar to Dylan, doesn't mean she's going to be a mass shooter. You know how many girls have committed mass murder in America?

You're right, that'd be a big fat zero.

And how many post-25 white males?

That's like 1... and he was near his deathbed...

And, furthermore, the most successful business people tend to be psychopaths...

And what's on the mind of psychopaths...

murder, sex and money.

The vast majority of psychopaths don't commit murder, but many of them do have ample sex appeal and money, especially in the longterm among the business leader types.

BTW, puktard, I've never had a fascination with offense knives and offense guns (handguns and assault rifles). Never really desired to own one. Now, I've known PLENTY who have and THOSE PEOPLE you should be more worried about.

Now sniper rifles... yeah... that's some good shit. BTW, there's really no criminal trend to using sniper rifles and I never had criminal ideation with sniper rifles. It's more of a military interest in international open-field war contexts, not too dissimilar to my interest in long bowsman. Now, criminal ideation with caltrops, maybe when I was real young... sub-25...

That kind of makes me wonder what would happen if someone launched a million caltrops over a pedestrian highway bridge in los angeles sometime after dark. cut a hole thru the chainlink fence to assist the dumping.

[youtube]jTmXHvGZiSY[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

Did I miss that part of the adventure? Was that when you first got there? This would be an example of what they call 'With the Consent of the victim.' The police CAN'T drive you off your own property. If they threaten you with arrest they don't have a charge such as trespassing and get themselves in big trouble if they follow through.

Good to note. I was 200 feet down the road from my residence, so thus why I used the phrase "kicked away" vs. 'kicked off'.

And ants like peanut butter, who knew.

And just filled out the construction cost analysis 3 posts above.

Okay, just got the total for all, it's $7300 for 540 sq. ft., I just wasn't taking into account the OSB I already purchased.

So, that's $13.50/sq.ft.

Taking away the appliances, that's $6600, including ceiling drywall, $6800.

take out utilities, $1000, that's $5800 / 540, $10.75/sqft.

So, the "ultimate formula" based on today's prices, including utilities but excluding appliance, is roughly...

$10.75*sqft+$1000

If I get rid of the bedroom, I'm able to reduce down to 20x19, and still have a walk-in kitchen.

I could reduce even further if I was willing to accept a lower living room width than 12 feet. But I think 12 feet is a reasonable minimum.

20*19 = 380 sq. ft.

The total cost ->

$10.75*380+$1000=$5085

Take away $800 for OSB I already have, that's $4285 extra dollars.

And I get carpeting/tiling with that price, too, which I think is psychologically important for "comfort", "luxury" and "style".

The point of the bedroom is mostly cooling/heating benefits, but I suppose I could seal off the kitchen/dining-room somehow. Or I could just deal with it, and blast that window fan on high during the summer.

$4285 cash to spend is definitely easier to stomach than...

$10.75*540+1000 = 6805 , minus 800 dollars in osb i already have...

$5800 cash to spend.

I also take away a bedroom's walls away and interior door, so the extra cost going forward might even be less than $4300 for 20x19.

I can always expand the house to the right for additional rooms, later.

So, 20x19 would essentially be "studio apartment" territory (200-400 sq.ft). Which seems pretty fitting for myself.

[I'm trying to figure out the final design fast before I start marking and digging up the floor frame corners tomorrow.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back