Cross-Canada by Ebike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoot Katz said:
Johnbear said:
A bunch of the Vancouver gang met up with Justin last night at the Foundation restaurant here in Vancouver, Justin has a lot of stories - :D We were there till around 11 and got through about 1/4 of the trip across Canada!

Yeah, we owe Alison a big "Thank You" for arranging and coordinating it. That was a good evening.
Sixteen people showed up. There were nine ebikes parked in front. None of them were stock bikes.
I'm looking forward to a good turn out on Friday's Kilowatt Hour Ride.

OK, so to all those who missed out on the Kilowatt Hour ride last Friday, I've produced this little time lapse video so you can experience the whole thing from the vantage point of my 2nd handlebar (thanks CBC for the soundtrack):

[youtube]VjoInrHf3U0[/youtube]

The resolution above is pretty crumby. To see it in youtube higher quality format, click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjoInrHf3U0&fmt=18
or download the attached wmv file.

Attachments

• kWhr_Oct08.wmv
    13.6 MB · Views: 190
Endless-sphere members who gave the gift to Justin:

You are a real ebike family!

Justin :

It seems you have encouraged to other guy to ride his ebike around the world :

http://www.electricbicycleworldtour.com/

Unfortunately he will not come to my country :cry:

Regards and continue teaching your ebike love to the world!

Rodrigo
Viña del Mar
Chile
(PD: sorry for bad english! We speak spanish here)

Well, the trip is over, and the activity in this thread has reached a logical conclusion... It's sad to watch it slowly fall off the screen. Owing to its unusual content and historical value, we should ask fechter to move this thing somewhere and put a sticky on it.

Wot think?

Copy the thread to general, lock this version...

Leave a note on the front-door of this one that says the party has moved. :mrgreen:

PUBLISH THIS THREAD, PICTURES AND ALL :!: Justin could write a wraparound, members involved could add their perspective, and with on-demand publishing, the built in audience, a best seller is virtually assured, and a movie deal to follow :D I can't think of anyone more deserving than Justin for enjoying the success deserved for a truly historc undertaking. I actually teared up when I read about the ES members buying him a new bike 8)

Good on ya'll :mrgreen:
RevDon

It was an honor just to meet and listen to Justin ...
A a real joy to ride around with him ...
Now I get this stocking stuffer today ...
I'm almost speechless!
Many thanks!

It's the only gift I got that wasn't edible.
But it too tastes very fine :mrgreen:

Blessings!

Congratulation on your amazing achievement Justin!

Just spent the last 2hr reading this thread… wow, I hope you take the time to write a book someday. What an adventure. I’ve always pictured you in your shop not having enough time to ride your bike, being too busy fabricating and shipping out parts in order for us to ride our bikes. It’s really nice to see YOU ride :wink:

oh, you mean that ppl still watch tv and read 'news' papers? I keep forgeting about that. Scary notion ain't it :?

If there was any main stream coverage of the trip, i could of wached it on youtube anyways, but I just don't like the spin these assholes put on things. A good idea is contageous. You should see how many e-bikes there is in Montreal now, compared to 3 years ago. It's an epidemic.

Could you video it and put it on Youtube? Google Tech Talks?

here's a platform that seems designed just for justin's next cross-country trip... (from the coverage of the north american handmade bike show: http://picasaweb.google.com/nahbshow/ )

DSCN0240.JPG

Wish I could have been around more when this happened, this was a great read and yes I'm going to make sure this doesn't go anywhere.

I'll lock the topic and copy it for eternal prosperity reasons. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back