A2B Metro - www.ultramotor.com - Video Page4

Ouch :shock:

That could hurt. I have torque arms on both sides and I torque the axle nuts to the specified torque, which is really tight. Even then, I can see the torque arms are getting slightly dented on the corners, so doing their job.

Good morning,
just as an update after giving up on the A2B and using a Bosch powered bike for the last year or more I decided to have one more shot at getting the A2B running reliably. I bought a 12fet controller from Power Velocity (thank you Fetcher for the recommendation) and after a little problem with my android phone not connecting with the app I now have a fully functioning bike. I can whole heartedly recommend this controller if you are looking to upgrade your A2B as it is super smooth and super quiete compared to the stock controller. I just need to tweek the settings slightly as the amp limit in the app does not tally with my power meter.
Paul

Good news. Yes, the amp limits are not calibrated very well on those but with an accurate meter you can get it dialed in where you want it. The regen works really nicely.

Good morning Fetcher,
I was wondering what settings you have for your A2B as the throttle response on mine seems a little twitchy and not very linear, the initial twist of the throttle there is a dead zone on the throttle where there is no respnse then over a very small area of throttle movement the amps will go from zero to max and then the rest of the throttle movement is at the max value. Controlling the bike in traffic at low speed is shall we say interesting. Secondly may I ask where you got your torque arms as I definitely need to upgrade mine.
thanks
Paul

I'll have to find those settings on my old laptop. It might take me a while to dig them up. I think there is a setting for the throttle voltage but I don't recall having an issue with mine. Low throttle should be around 1.0v. If you see a setting for this in the programming, you want it to be lower. The other way to fix it if software doesn't work is to add a trimmer pot in series with the ground wire going to the throttle. Something like 500 ohms. Then you can dial it up until the motor starts moving, then back off a little. The trimmer can be placed anywhere between the throttle and controller wherever it is the easiest.

The torque arms came from a member here, but I can't remember who. It will be in one of the A2B threads somewhere (maybe even this one). They were perfect. Edit: after a search, see this topic:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87836&p=1299820&hilit=A2B+torque+arm#p1297730
Ianhill

I checked the programming software and I don't see any settings for throttle range. Some other controllers have this.

So the old school way to fix the problem is to place a 500 ohm trimmer pot in series with the throttle ground wire. With the wheel off the ground, you start at zero and increase the pot resistance until the wheel just starts to move, then back off a little. Typically this will be around 150 - 200 ohms. This may be what I did on mine, but I can't remember.

Here's how it looks on another setup:

Throttle smoother.jpg

Hello, I have a 2009 A2B Metro and have recently lost the keys. My local locksmith is saying it will be much easier to make a replacement key if I could find a photo of what the original key looks like. Does anyone still have this bike? If so can you please post a photo? Or do you know where I can get a replacement key?

Thanks!

jnelmcintosh said:
Hello, I have a 2009 A2B Metro and have recently lost the keys. My local locksmith is saying it will be much easier to make a replacement key if I could find a photo of what the original key looks like. Does anyone still have this bike? If so can you please post a photo? Or do you know where I can get a replacement key?

Thanks!
You can pry up around the edge of the lock and it will pop out giving you access to the wires. You could replace the lock with a toggle switch. The key is located in a stupid place to begin with..

I have several at home, but I'm at work.
From Google:

Ultramotor-A2B-Metro-electric-bike-ebike-dual-battery.jpg

Thanks Fechter do you have a suggestion for the toggle switch? If you are also able to post a pic of the key at home later a bit closer up as a back up I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pretty much any 3 position switch would work. It's SPDT in the stock switch.

Pics of my key. Hard to make the camera focus.

Img_1195.jpg

Img_1196.jpg

Back