The forum got a haircut!

Oh geez. Yes, i did change the data type to try to shrink the size. I saw i believe one post with >400 edits, but all other posts were in the single digit edit range. I figured it was a glitch and that truncating it to 256/255 edits wouldn't cause an issue. I guess phpbb checks the values it writes.

Of course the oddball had to be yours!
Rather than take the database down for another 30 minutes, i just reset your post count to 3. Give that a try.
We can repeat this fix in 5 years :)

Restoring a single old post might take a few hours, and it's something i'd have to do after work.
Is it possible for you to fix it in less time?

I can edit/save it successfully.
The download counts are lost as well as one illustration, but it appears that I can rework the post again in less time than it takes to restore, so that seems to be the expedient approach.
EDIT - ok - fixed.

Good to hear that it wasn't a nasty fix.
It looks like a few download counts are missing, but others are valid in that post. Probably because we freaked phpbb out or something. :)

Do you have a fix for the missing PMs yet?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=95396#p1397466

Anything newer than sometime on 7-20-18 that I either received or sent is still not anywhere in my PM folders, whether I had read it yet or not.

If it helps, the Private Messages notification bubble on the top right shows -1 instead of a positive number or zero.

I am not absolutely certain when it happened, but I think it was at the time the inbox and sent messages were combined or when they were separated again.

I know for sure there are messages missing that were to/from me and Dogman, Thoroughbred, and Cvin, and possibly Incememed. Others could be missing I hadn't seen/read yet, and they are not all in my exports because I hadn't gotten to them all yet.

That's good to hear.
I see some download counts got vaporized, but others didn't.
Not a super big surprise considering that we collectively caused phpbb to freak out.

AW, i started a new thread about recovering some PMs. Please put your details in, or send me a PM with details per the new announcement's instructions.

Not to discount a valued member, but shouldn't we manage our own saved PM's. If it's important to save PM's perhaps creating a personal folder on our own devices makes far more sense than leaving it up to the highly paid ES staff. :wink:

Back