Private messages sent from 07/21 - 07/23 may be missing

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all.
Some private messages disappeared into the ether which were either sent or received on 07/21, 07/22, and 07/23.
The private messages actually do exist in the database, but got miscategorized, and thus will not show up in your 'inbox' or 'sent' folder.
Normally after noticing something like this, i would have done the necessary database surgery to restore the data, but phpbb's format and the timing makes this impossible to fix in an automatic way.

If you notice something is missing... let me know here and i will fix it by hand.

Provide me the following information:
1) the username of the person it went to or came from.
2) any keywords in the PM or subject. IE if you were talking about a cyclone motor, mention that. It will help me find the PM.

If the PM is of a confidential or sensitive nature, you can PM me with the details to get a restoration.

Thank you for doing this!

I had the following conversations going that know have missing PMs, or in the last case that possibly does:

To/from Dogman, subject "Contact Info" (IIRC; none of the messages are visible to check, but at least one of the messages contained the word "phone" or "number", another should contain the word "address" or "phoenix")

To/from Cvin, subject "Prodeco battery"

To/from Thoroughbred, subject "Alltrax contoller and other zero x stuff, too"

To/from Incememed, subject " Hall Sensors'b'Gone"

I don't know what all of them are for certain, because there should be some unread ones in there. However, it is likely they are all in the same conversations, so probably contain the same subjects.

If anyone else sent me PMs outisde of that that I hadn't read yet, I dont' have any data to look them up with. :(

Yeah, I'm all for the taking care of Amberwolf, he's one of the reliably interesting/good spirited people around. But I'm also understanding of Neptronix dilemma on time and effort. (Never heard anything on his employment schedule, etc.)

This is what the idea on contributions is all about, let's keep in mind. Right now is a good time to get that started while people are really appreciating the significance.

I tried to send 2 PMs recently (one on 7/25 and one on 7/27). Both are listed in my “Outbox” but do not show up in the “sent” box. I am new to ES so this may be normal but o thouyi would ask just in case.

garolittle said:
I tried to send 2 PMs recently (one on 7/25 and one on 7/27). Both are listed in my “Outbox” but do not show up in the “sent” box. I am new to ES so this may be normal but o thouyi would ask just in case.
It's normal. They'll show up in your sent box when the people you sent to look at them.

FWIW, in this forum (Forum Rules and Features) there is a thread for "PM Stuck in Outbox":
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15521
;)

Okay, the only person who asked for PMs so far is amberwolf. PMs have been sent to him

Back