Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

larsb said:
Good link! For me at least :D

In the worst of worlds then the controller isn't ON during the program attempts..or something like this..could happen to the best

Immy: can you drive the motor when you try to program?

Yes. I can drive the motor.

So, another basic question, do you first open port and then press connect button? I ask because i didn't at first.

Apart from that i can only recommend to try the sparkfun serial guide and make sure the adapter is working.

If it's working then i don't know.

larsb said:
So, another basic question, do you first open port and then press connect button? I ask because i didn't at first.

Apart from that i can only recommend to try the sparkfun serial guide and make sure the adapter is working.

If it's working then i don't know.

I am connecting port first once it is detected i follow the steps of create file, refind then connect.
But the problem is i am not able to select controller in software. Now i am going through the sparkfun guide. I hope will find the solution.

we have a e bike with votol EM-50 controller, can you please help how can we connect it to our system for scanning.
where we should connect the usb driver photos will help for connecting usb as we are finding it difficult to locate the connector for usb.

I have votol em -150 controller I tried to connect my windows 10 to the controller. I have all the software and drivers, but I am not able to connect my laptop.

Errors.

When I install the driver it shows a device is not connected.
when I connect the controller to the laptop via USB. it shows the USB device not recognize.

harysinh99 said:
Errors.

When I install the driver it shows a device is not connected.
when I connect the controller to the laptop via USB. it shows the USB device not recognize.
If I understand you correctly, your USB-serial adapter isn't being recognized by Windows? Has it ever worked for you before?

You need to follow the procedure like shown here:
How to Handle Common Issues with USB to RS-232 Adapter Cables
Issue #1: Driver
https://www.campbellsci.com/blog/usb-rs-232-adapter-cable-issues

first to make your adapter is recognized by Windows before working on your Votol.

Or maybe I didn't understand you correctly but either way, how about taking screenshots of your Device Manager Ports (COM & LPT) and Hardware Id values like in the example above & showing them here.

Hi, My connection to the motor to software was done with the help of pl2303 converter. But after connecting and doing some changes my motor doesn't work even after disconnecting the software. In the display section (controller status) I am receiving tick mark in overheating (attached picture). I tried to figure it out every possible way but it is not working!

Attachments

• 17815aa9-cdd1-4dbc-a81f-678730c0cd2f.jpg
    17815aa9-cdd1-4dbc-a81f-678730c0cd2f.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 8,079
Did you set the temp protection acc to section 2.7 in the manual? What does this setting look like now?

I think overheat might not be an actual issue since controller status message is fault code "0001000 idle" and not overtemp. I've had this message without any issues in the driving of the controller.

Could you have changed anything else in parameters or wiring?

I am not able to change the setting in temp as the connection is not able to establish (no response). when I give throttle it shows fault and when I don't give throttle, then it varies in fault and ideal. I didn't change anything to expect that. could we do hard reset or default parameters? I have checked the throttle input has voltage variations. I am sure there is some issue in parameters. I am concentrating on overheating issue because when 1st time I connected it was not showing!

Hi friends i have just brought An EM 100 controller for my three wheeler project.
The manual and data sheet not received with the package.

Can some one could help me out with sharing the manual for the EM 100 please.

Thank you

I am experimenting issues just powered up the Votol 150 controller with the QS 3000 mid motor.
At the beginning only "undervoltage" error appeared, after some tests also other two errors appeared: "Controller Fault" and "Hall Fault".

The problem seems to have been solved using a specific version of the controller tool "EM_V3-EM200-11-English.exe" found here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f8p4vd7gpaxs ... 8Ubxa?dl=0

in folder EM controller > EM200.

In this version of the tool I can also change the controller version with the right one(votol-150 for me).

I also asked QS for the right settings for the QS3000 he said that I have to change only the battery voltage to make things work.

Does anyone know the maximum safe pack voltage for the Votol EM-150? There is a screenshot from the software that shows a drop down menu with options 48,60,72,84,96v. Those are common nominal pack sizes but does anyone know the absolute safe upper voltage?

I tried to find it at votol.net but they had removed some data that was there before.
Ask QS! And post it here :D

I found that there is a bigger controller called Votol EM300 now, peak current is 850A :bolt:
I asked Carrie from QS if they will sell it 8)
image.jpeg

Nice! They are quietly hanging on to some cool tech over there at QS. I tried inquiring about the 7kw and 10kw mid-drive motors but they wouldn't give up any info. Considering the short burst power of the 3kw motor I think a 7kw matched to one of these EM300's would be about perfect for full sized motorcycle power. Cheaper then a sevcon and programming one of these seems less intimidating.

I'm contemplating getting one of these EM300 units. I heard they came in first in some ebike races in China and that they can do 0-100 in 3 seconds with a 12'' hub motor. I'd love to hear more feedback about programming, I'm a little concerned about the apparent lack of support from the manufacturer.

Hola amigos necesito ayuda para configurar mi controlador brushless votol em-100, tengo una batería de litio de 150A 72v y quiero configurarlo para una potencia mayor, tengo el software y el cable USB para conectar al controlador. Alguien puede ayudarme. Gracias

Hola amigos tengo un controlador brushless votol em100 y quiero configurarlo par mayor potencia y velocidad, la batería que tengo es de 150A y 72V, tengo el software y el cable USB para conectar con el controlador. Alguien puede ayudarme a configurar el controlador . Gracias

Back