Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

want to buy a VOTOL m100. But I dont know if this box has a Bluetooth?

Best regard to all.
Quiero comprar 1caja VOTOL m100. Pero no se si tiene Bluetooth? Alguien sabe??
Agradezco cualquier respuesta.
Saludos moteros!!!!
^____^

It doesnt seem like it a has variable regen function, does it?

hello friends I have a brushless votol driver em- someone has information on this driver that can help me identify the wires by their colors

Hello guys!
I'm about to recieve qs3000 and em150 controller it should be 72v version. After reading connection diagram and manual could some clarify for me some questions Please.
So from qs factory controller is preconfigured for 20s 72v battery? For fast test i could just plug and ride, or i would still need to enter some settings?
What if i build 22s battery, in settings i still enter 72v and for over voltage it would be 92.4(max charge)? 4.4 dual voltage adaptive function set to high?
About connectors.
In throttle connector what is high brake and isdn? What is low brake, is it regen activates with ground?
Reverse connects with ground to activate?
In three speed connection what does parking do?
Thank you!

Rs.Anton said:
So from qs factory controller is preconfigured for 20s 72v battery? For fast test i could just plug and ride?

yes (for 72V controller) and yes

What if i build 22s battery, in settings i still enter 72v and for over voltage it would be 92.4(max charge)?

92V is not guaranteed to work with the mosfets and caps even though they are likely rated for 100V, you can risk blowing the controller

About connectors.
In throttle connector what is high brake and isdn?

there are no high brake and isdn in throttle connector, they are all separate connectors. High brake is battery voltage output to drive a full battery voltage light.
I think ISDN is output signal for speedometer

What is low brake, is it regen activates with ground?
yes

Reverse connects with ground to activate?
yes
In three speed connection what does parking do?

I guess throttle gives zero response, this pin is not wired in my controller, probably not in yours either. I think you need to look at wiring diagram on first page of thread "EM controller wiring.pdf" to see what i mean

Thank you! As i understand controller max phase amp is 470a what is factory settings for phase and battery amps?

It's set at max nominal 120A battery and
9960 phase (phase amp parameter setting and i guess this is also max nominal at 380A..)

Votol doesn't seem to sell the "S" version anymore, now it's called "EM150-SP" by QS

Difference is below (new/old):
image.pngimage.png

So it "only" delivers 380A phase now. That's actually not enough to get the 56Nm that the motor is speced to do as max torque.

Just got controller and motor it is 150 P version do you think it has different parameters? Can not find manual on it

How to add a 6-pin Cycle Analyst (CA) adapter to a VOTOL EM-150 Controller:

1.) open the unit and solder two wires to the + and - of the shunt (see photo)
View attachment 2

2.) drill a hole in the cover and insert a rubber grommet
3.) thread the two wires (white and blue in my case) through the grommet leaving plenty of slack so that you can open/close the cover in the future.
IMG_8508.jpg

4.) splice the following wires as shown in the diagram
5.) bundle the six wires into a 6-pin JST PM connector in the order shown.
slice2.jpg

6.) close up the unit and enjoy

Hello friends,

Currently, i am working on speedometer connections with votol em100 controller. Everything is working fine except i am not getting speed on meter. I have connected controller white wire with speedometer but it is showing 0 kmph.
I am using http://cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read_807.html this meter. Please suggest what i need to do to get the speed.

IMMY said:
I am using http://cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read_807.html this meter.

I too am interested in this speedometer console -- bookmarked.

M

Note: see my post later in the thread that shows how to wire a speedometer.

Did you check to see if you get a voltage pulse reading when you turn the Motor? (From the speedometer wire on the Controller)
Maybe you need to take a direct wire to one of the halls.

I'm just guessing here TBH, I was planning to buy that LCD at first but decided to stick with the Analog one for now.

larsb said:
There's a setting in the program that needs to be ticked to get a hall signal from the controller.
image.jpeg

I get what "Hall speedometter" is supposed to mean, but what the heck is "One-lin" supposed to mean? :p

M

larsb said:
There's a setting in the program that needs to be ticked to get a hall signal from the controller.
image.jpeg

Is it not there by default on white wire ?? I guess that must be helpful..
Thank you

eee291 said:
Did you check to see if you get a voltage pulse reading when you turn the Motor? (From the speedometer wire on the Controller)
Maybe you need to take a direct wire to one of the halls.

I'm just guessing here TBH, I was planning to buy that LCD at first but decided to stick with the Analog one for now.

I didn't check it now.. i will surely check it on DSO to have more idea.

larsb said:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Interconnect_Network

Ah! That explains it. Thanks. (For those on the sideline, the software app should say “DC-LIN” instead of “One-Lin” if they want to be precise.)

Back