E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Cowardlyduck said:
Crossy said:
CD.... Sorry yes it fits
Thanks heaps Crossy! :thumb:
That's awesome! Exactly the visualisation I needed.
The 21700 pack is exactly those dimensions so I don't think it would fit once padding, wires, etc is factored in.

That means the slightly smaller 20S14P 18650 pack probably would fit nicely in one unit though. No need to split it up. :)

And since the 18650 pack is also the higher capacity, better balanced option I think it's the design I will settle on for anyone wanting a new Bomber battery with maximum capacity.

If anyone wants me to make them one, let me know. I can probably make them cheaper if I get a few orders around the same time as I can bulk order cells at a more discounted rate.

Cheers

CD the padding , wires etc were still stock and in closed in the cavity while the mock up was placed inside.
:bigthumb:

Crossy said:
CD the padding , wires etc were still stock and in closed in the cavity while the mock up was placed inside.
:bigthumb:
Yeah, it's the wires under the shell of the battery I'm talking about. The balance wires are pretty low profile, so 2-3mm, but the main discharge are usually at least 10awg and coming off a thick mass of copper or nickel so usually protrude 5-10mm beyond the end of the pack. Then the pack needs padding as well.

Cheers

I don't like not having a front fender on my bike, and these fox forks are going to present a challenge to installing one. I'm waiting on a genius idea to pop into my head.

Theodore Voltaire said:
toad78 said:
Hi Guy's,
Just purchased a second hand mk1 Bomber i believe, this came with no battery. Can anyone advise on what spec of battery i should be aiming for?

72v with 80 amp bms, with 200 amp burst. Stock was 18ah, but I recommend at least 24ah or more.

Thanks for the reply, a battery builder has given me these options:

72V 36Ah battery - 20s12p, (suitable for 100A continuous discharge current and 200A peak) with BMS 100A and 200A peak discharge current based on Samsung 30Q cells

72V 42 Ah battery - 20s12, (suitable for 110A continuous discharge current and 230A peak) with BMS 150A and 300A peak discharge current based on Samsung 35E cells

Any thought would be appreciated.

toad78 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
toad78 said:
Hi Guy's,
Just purchased a second hand mk1 Bomber i believe, this came with no battery. Can anyone advise on what spec of battery i should be aiming for?

72v with 80 amp bms, with 200 amp burst. Stock was 18ah, but I recommend at least 24ah or more.

72V 36Ah battery - 20s12p, (suitable for 100A continuous discharge current and 200A peak) with BMS 100A and 200A peak discharge current based on Samsung 30Q cells

72V 42 Ah battery - 20s12, (suitable for 110A continuous discharge current and 230A peak) with BMS 150A and 300A peak discharge current based on Samsung 35E cells

What kind of cells?

Theodore Voltaire said:
toad78 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
toad78 said:
Hi Guy's,

What kind of cells?

Samsung 30Q 3000mAh/15A For 36AH

Samsung 35E 18650 3500mAh 8A For 42AH

KarlJ said:
Hi Guys
Last bike was a 29ER with a MAC motor and around 2000W, sold post divorce and pre move back to Melb.

So I just picked up a 2013 B52 Bomber with 2500kms on it, done 100kms on it over the last couple of days.

I assume the 2 pot brakes are Magura MT2, pads not available from your regular bike shops as i discovered doing the rounds of my local 6 places! Pads are OK but last bike went through pads every month or so with a daily 30km commute.

I have read about 200 of the 660 pages and I'm thinking I should be looking for a fighter instead.

So.... If anyone has a fighter and wants a bomber....in Melb hit me up

Are these the ticket for a brake upgrade and does the crystalyte controller run NO or NC for the ebrake cutoff?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magura-MT5e-Disc-Brake-for-E-Bikes-and-S-Pedelecs-engineering-from-germany/123209768514?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D59539%26meid%3D3cb03c991a7a41dcb3d16f621d33b42f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D264327135155%26itm%3D123209768514%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Karl,
I went from the Magura mt5 to the Shimano Saints and it is night and day difference. I could never get the Magura lever feel the way I wanted them. They always felt soft and just barely powerful enough to stop the bike even with upgraded pads. I went through about 3 sets of pads ina year and a set of rotors. The Saints are proper downhill brakes (used in competition) and combined with the ICE rotors they comfortably and safely stop the bike on a dime. In extreme conditions (high speed, off road and downhill) they are simply in a different league then the Maguras. Personally I never trusted the Maguras and felt like they were on the edge but the Saints are the business.... In the 3 years that I've had them on the bike I just replaced the front pads once. The rears are still on the first set. Hope this helps..

Alex....

[/quote]
Karl,
I went from the Magura mt5 to the Shimano Saints and it is night and day difference. I could never get the Magura lever feel the way I wanted them. They always felt soft and just barely powerful enough to stop the bike even with upgraded pads. I went through about 3 sets of pads ina year and a set of rotors. The Saints are proper downhill brakes (used in competition) and combined with the ICE rotors they comfortably and safely stop the bike on a dime. In extreme conditions (high speed, off road and downhill) they are simply in a different league then the Maguras. Personally I never trusted the Maguras and felt like they were on the edge but the Saints are the business.... In the 3 years that I've had them on the bike I just replaced the front pads once. The rears are still on the first set. Hope this helps..

Alex....
[/quote]
MANY Thanks - MT2's going to stay until I have got the bike on the road now, battery exercise is going to hurt the bank balance alot.
will do the saints when funds permit!

Theodore Voltaire said:
toad78 said:
What kind of cells?
Samsung 30Q 3000mAh/15A For 36AH
Samsung 35E 18650 3500mAh 8A For 42AH

That's what I have, 30Q. Mine is 24ah 7p. I love it except I wish it was about 30ah.
[/quote]

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/72V28-42AH-Samsung-35E-Li-on-EBike-Battery-Pack-for-Stealth-Bomber-Electric-Bike/264142153601?hash=item3d80196781:m:mT-n2xuBvyCn9Ou9fVI1SoA&frcectupt=true

is beginning to look pretty tough to beat.

KarlJ said:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/72V28-42AH-Samsung-35E-Li-on-EBike-Battery-Pack-for-Stealth-Bomber-Electric-Bike/264142153601?hash=item3d80196781:m:mT-n2xuBvyCn9Ou9fVI1SoA&frcectupt=true

is beginning to look pretty tough to beat.
I can't / won't compete with that. See how you go... It can be hit and miss.

Check out these baby's. I love them, and they love me. I never had fancy forks like these before.

Fox-40-and-fender.jpg

Fox-forks-and-fender.jpg

Fox-forks-side-view.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
I may have to increase the power of my cloaking devise.

Or you could get a yellow raincoat and and flashing red light and siren and elude that you are a fireman conducting a research program on alternate forms of transportation to emergencies. 8)

where you getting those tyres, how much and how long they last?

My wheels are 24" right?

mine looking knobby and unlikely i'll be going off road anytime soon.....Karl

KarlJ said:
where you getting those tyres, how much and how long they last?

My wheels are 24" right?

mine looking knobby and unlikely i'll be going off road anytime soon.....Karl

Karl, my tires are 24 x 2.5 Maxxis Hook Worms, the best bicycle street tires ever made. I get about a 1000 miles on a rear. They'll fit on stock rims. Compared to Crazy Bob's they're longer lasting, have better grip, are slightly bigger, and have a taller profile.

They look, and work a lot better on my 65mm rims though, but you could probably say the same thing about any tire.

Toad78.. I have a pack made from Samsung 30q 20s 12p. I don't come close to using the 36ah it has. My daily commute is 42 MI round trip.
I would think the 30Q could take more abuse then the 35E.

[/quote]

Karl, my tires are 24 x 2.5 Maxxis Hook Worms, the best bicycle street tires ever made. I get about a 1000 miles on a rear. They'll fit on stock rims. Compared to Crazy Bob's they're longer lasting, have better grip, are slightly bigger, and have a taller profile.

They look, and work a lot better on my 65mm rims though, but you could probably say the same thing about any tire.
[/quote]

Hmm .. looks like i'll have to make a trip to USA for them as no-one selling them here as far as i can tell, usual suspects chainreaction cycles etc etc no go

OK so anyone using the stock motor and controller ~2013 model b52 ?

Stock is 24S Lifepo4 and closest to this is 21S in liopo/NCM/NCA typical 18650's.
Makes no difference technically for me to build 20/21/22S. - planned cell is the 35E as at 10P or more we're at 100A which is plenty more than the stock controller can pull and whilst this is a continuous number for the cell i have run 29E cells MUCH harder than rated with no real issues on my previous bike (was kinda hoping for them to die so i could build next bigger better pack).

So the question is should I build for 22S - slightly quicker with the stock controller,
stealth seem happy to sell me a new pack at 22SxP (24AH) (new pack typical lithium cobalt tech)
Assuming the controller runs 65A 4.2VPC 6006W at 22S vs 5460 at 20S all things otherwise being equal.

Thoughts appreciated - not scared of throwing a bigger controller at it later either - any advice there appreciated too!

[/quote]

Hmm .. looks like i'll have to make a trip to USA for them as no-one selling them here as far as i can tell, usual suspects chainreaction cycles etc etc no go
[/quote]

I see a lot of them on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxxis-Hookworm-Tire-24-x-2-5-60tpi-Single-Compound-Black/303108307268?epid=1824565077&hash=item4692a9b944:g:uh4AAOSwdhdcSQ0-

Can anyone tell me if these will fit by B52 and if they are any better than the stock standard MK 2 forks?

Thanks.

Brand new out of a 24” junior mountain bike.
Disc brake mount,1 1/8 threadless steerer, 165mm long steerer,
Suntour brand
Model XCT jr fork coil suspension
50mm travel

Crossy said:
Can anyone tell me if these will fit by B52 and if they are any better than the stock standard MK 2 forks?

Thanks.

Brand new out of a 24” junior mountain bike.
Disc brake mount,1 1/8 threadless steerer, 165mm long steerer,
Suntour brand
Model XCT jr fork coil suspension
50mm travel

Absolutely positively those forks won't work. Unless you want to step way down from stock, you'll have to spend at least $400.

Back