E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Yes I checked and we received spares in latest delivery from Nuclar. Please send me an email about it and I will send you oerder link for it.
Best regards, Adam

brumbrum said:
e5p8gj.jpg

How long will it last? Place your bets!
I’ve now got a CAD file of the 12t cog. Got a prototype print, as you can see in blue. The other is the original. Done in a toughened resin, as this was all that was offered at the printers.

The CAD file could now be altered to add a shoulder on the outer and inner edge (either side of the teeth) to hold a cushioning O ring on both sides for the chain to make contact with as it passes over the teeth.

So,What’s the news on your resin cog? Have you tested it. Have you a noise reduction? Tell us the news.

Joe said:
brumbrum said:
e5p8gj.jpg

How long will it last? Place your bets!
I’ve now got a CAD file of the 12t cog. Got a prototype print, as you can see in blue. The other is the original. Done in a toughened resin, as this was all that was offered at the printers.

The CAD file could now be altered to add a shoulder on the outer and inner edge (either side of the teeth) to hold a cushioning O ring on both sides for the chain to make contact with as it passes over the teeth.

So,What’s the news on your resin cog? Have you tested it. Have you a noise reduction? Tell us the news.

The resin sprocket could not take any of the load bearing needed and cracked straight away at the keyway slot.
The best chain noise damping is to put a rubber O ring cushion on at least one side if not both of the front sprocket teeth

There is just no way to completely eliminate the noise from a mid drive completely. Even on my uncle's brose 250w pedlec Turbo Levo there is drive train noise. My SurRon was really loud with the chain drive. My thinking is, if one wants a mid drive bike, such as the LMX 64, just going to have to put up with some drive-train noise.

completly not but the rubber stuff is on the right way.
its just way to soft for a chain sprocket combo.

fresh installed, believe it or not, if you have the right tension you just hear the tires on the road.
unfortunately only when you release the throttle with "no load"....coasting the bike.
easy explained. on load the rubber is too soft and chain grabs the sprocket again.

we need more harder stuff. like some inliner plastics whats used for the wheels + on both sides where the chain hits the sprocket.

there should be the best mixture for chain sprocket combo but i dont have the tools to build it.
those o-rings are finish below 100km.

the lmx (161)is loud. annoying loud. its the high pitch what it makes twice as loud as a surron. (decibel wise they are same. made some drive by tests) offroad no problem. commuting sucks as much as possible. if i switch to surron wind noise >50kph makes more noise. you enjoy the street ride way more.

14T front helps. on a drive by ppl would say theres no difference. but 12T sucks pretty hard over the time.
14T stays exactly that certain level of "piss off you annoying dumb ass shit" below :lol:

but 14T steals alot of starting power. 219 Sprockets end on something above 100T. Now iam riding 12/100. works totally great.
so i dont want to go 14T front unless my 125T laser work arrive. gearing 14/125T is same but i hope it helps that tiny bit i need to like street riding again.

Merlin said:
but 14T steals alot of starting power. 219 Sprockets end on something above 100T. Now iam riding 12/100. works totally great.
so i dont want to go 14T front unless my 125T laser work arrive. gearing 14/125T is same but i hope it helps that tiny bit i need to like street riding again.

Instead of trying to make very small sprockets less noisy, it would be better if LMX would spend time searching for a motor which has more torque, or developing one.
LMX motor with 80mm or longer stator would be an idea which should not be that complex or expensive to produce.
Such motor should make >30% more torque compared to the actual one with 60mm (in LMX 161) which would mean that one could use 15T or 16T instead of 12T and get similar acceleration.
Small sprockets are not just loud, they also wear out the entire drivetrain much more so it is anyway a bad idea to use such.

We tested bigger (80mm) motors before.
Yes they can handle more amps/torque at low rpm, but at the expense of weight and loss of efficiency.
We are further improving the noise reduction rings as we go. we now have a simple solution to have rings on both sides.

An enclosed primary reduction could help the noise if done properly, but it would also add weight and complexity.
Our front sprockets lasts 1500-3500km offroad, and is cheap to replace. Lastest batch of sproket have even stronger materials.

We are working on a project with belt drive for a customer, we will see how it handles the torque.

Adam

I like the 'sound' of those o-rings on both sides. Can you let us know how/where we can get them?

I made a bit more progress on my build. I bought some Cushcore for my tubeless setup and finally took another stab at getting it to work. I got it to work on the rear first go, but the front was not so lucky...4 attempts later and I've finally started to have some success with it holding some pressure overnight, but it's weeping sealant out the side wall. :roll: :lol:
DSC_5602.JPG
DSC_5603.JPG
DSC_5605.JPG
I think it might still be salvageable if I add some more sealant, but if it fails again I'm giving up and throwing a tube in the front...I've already destroyed the front rim enough as it is. :roll:

Next is the brakes and drive train components. Then I might be able to make my first powered run with a backpack battery for now. :)

Cheers

Nice :) tubeless can be a bitch sometimes. Those rims and stock tires makes a very easy setup compared to others!

BTW the 64 has been wining some races in Belgium, over other S pedelecs and qulbix MD bikes

Attachments

• 69242589_2508375409300959_2619696597612625920_o.jpg
    69242589_2508375409300959_2619696597612625920_o.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 3,077
  • 69469581_2508375769300923_7587971253588197376_o (2).jpg
    69469581_2508375769300923_7587971253588197376_o (2).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 3,077
2nd place is a 60kg hub guy and pretty biggest idiot in ev world =p

Afaik there wasn't a Q140 in this race. Only on the *lol lol *world championship.... And they qulbix goons are proud of a win against normal Ebikes....yes, stock normal 800w peak Ebikes.
Check the video how he fake pedals in overdrive gear sitting all time on his ass.....

Any Lmx64 or any cheap cyclone would beat that thing even with my girl on it :lol:

Got race pics? Did not get them yet. I was told qlbix guys feared motor overheat during 30 minutes race son they talked organisers to do only 25 minutes haha.

bzhwindtalker said:
Got race pics? Did not get them yet. I was told qlbix guys feared motor overheat during 30 minutes race son they talked organisers to do only 25 minutes haha.
I was third with my 70kg qs205 middrive surron, sure the lmx64 was faster due the fact this was a very technical racetrack where the light lmx was in advantage. Also not mentioned we are amateur weekenddrivers, the guy on the lmx was a professional ex belgium champion mtb. So yes you could be proud the lmx won but there was no competion for him. I never had heat issues only the rearhub qulbix and nyxframe-drivers had some overheat-problems but they never asked to limit the race for 25minutes. Only one guy asked that time between the time trial and the 30 minutes race wil be longer.There was no qulbix md in this race. This is the only right information about the race. :wink:

bzhwindtalker said:
We are further improving the noise reduction rings as we go. we now have a simple solution to have rings on both sides.

We are working on a project with belt drive for a customer, we will see how it handles the torque.

I really hope you will find effective solution to reduce the noise of the drive.
I now have 12T low noise sprocket, but bike is still too loud for me to enjoy the ride.

Merlin said:
2nd place is a 60kg hub guy and pretty biggest idiot in ev world =p

Afaik there wasn't a Q140 in this race. Only on the *lol lol *world championship.... And they qulbix goons are proud of a win against normal Ebikes....yes, stock normal 800w peak Ebikes.
Check the video how he fake pedals in overdrive gear sitting all time on his ass.....

Any Lmx64 or any cheap cyclone would beat that thing even with my girl on it :lol:

@Merlin: ES has changed over the years i think. The forum is now a place where you can give personal opinions on other "EV guy's" ?

Personally i don't think there is anyone on this forum who is interested in YOUR personal opinion about "other ev guy's" man, even if it's true or not.

Would be nice if you just stick to the things you know very well, and i know you know your shit very well.

I wonder what benefit this gives you to put others down like that ?

Well,
I wish this kind of defense was also made against him as this ugly kid pissed me right in the face (3 times) without any consequence from the "admin" in your group.

It's not putting down "others" it's just him.

All of "you/me" hub guys can't beat the mids in Offroad races.
Thats not you or the rest of the nice crew... it's just hub sucks in Offroad terrain. 3kw mid frocked all 15kw hubs.
If you jump over your noise anxiety and step on a real mid (no matter what brand) you have enough skills to give him pepper.
We had allready the discussion about touring Offroad and range vs race bikes. Put the pedal kit on the 161 and you have smoked the 64 without a sweat... Put 180x 20700 inside the case and you have the range you need.

But... Welcome back to es.... I would be more happy after 4 months when it's bike related and not as a voice of purrrr davy...

Oh,

My bad. So this "ugly kid" pissed on your face HERE on ES ? My bad. Didn't know that.
Guess all Belgian EV guys are stupid frock asses then.

Here ends my part of this discussion, ES is about great tech ev talk, not personal fights.

Amen.

Merlin said:

Thats not you or the rest of the nice crew...

sometimes i think you only see or read what you wanna read...
Because he didnt do it on ES? so its ok when he do it anywhere else and i have to shut up about?
as i wrote. not all belgian ev guys are stupid frock asses ...for now i know only one...and thats him.
coming out of your grave to defend this sucker, sadly you fight only for his site. so your right...useless discussion.

if its such great EV talk here why you arent part of it? .....

to be a bit more ontopic and ppl like to see pics. :D

125T Sprocket for Rocket Acceleration. :bigthumb:

Attachments

• 2019-09-01_22h13_03.jpg
    2019-09-01_22h13_03.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 2,968
bionicon said:
bzhwindtalker said:
I was third with my 70kg qs205 middrive surron, sure the lmx64 was faster due the fact this was a very technical racetrack where the light lmx was in advantage. Also not mentioned we are amateur weekenddrivers, the guy on the lmx was a professional ex belgium champion mtb. So yes you could be proud the lmx won but there was no competion for him. I never had heat issues only the rearhub qulbix and nyxframe-drivers had some overheat-problems but they never asked to limit the race for 25minutes. Only one guy asked that time between the time trial and the 30 minutes race wil be longer.There was no qulbix md in this race. This is the only right information about the race. :wink:

Thanks for report ;)

Cowardlyduck said:
Any advise on how to solve that? Should I just add a few spacers to the axle on that side?

Cheers

The bike is made for 2.6" rubber max, some 2.8" fits but there is such differences between tires that it is hard to tell for sure.
Best way to solve that is to work on the spokes by loosening the pedal chain side spokes by 1/2 turn and tightening the other side by the same amount. How much clearance do you have on the other side of the swingarm?

Best regards, Adam

bzhwindtalker said:
The bike is made for 2.6" rubber max, some 2.8" fits but there is such differences between tires that it is hard to tell for sure.
Best way to solve that is to work on the spokes by loosening the pedal chain side spokes by 1/2 turn and tightening the other side by the same amount. How much clearance do you have on the other side of the swingarm?

Best regards, Adam
Thanks Adam.
I don't need much clearance and I realised I still have the tire pressure up high from mounting the tubeless setup so I will also try dropping the pressure for clearance.

Is there anything wrong with adding a few washers on one side of the axle though? Will it mess anything up strength wise? I'm only talking 3-5mm.

I've also already had my fair share of frustration from dropping nuts/bolts down into the recess of the frame and can see it might be a problem for collecting dirt/rocks over time. Is there any problem with blocking that area off with some 3D printed parts? Will it cause airflow/heating issues?

Cheers

Merlin said:
Merlin said:

Thats not you or the rest of the nice crew...

sometimes i think you only see or read what you wanna read...
Because he didnt do it on ES? so its ok when he do it anywhere else and i have to shut up about?
as i wrote. not all belgian ev guys are stupid frock asses ...for now i know only one...and thats him.
coming out of your grave to defend this sucker, sadly you fight only for his site. so your right...useless discussion.

if its such great EV talk here why you arent part of it? .....

to be a bit more ontopic and ppl like to see pics. :D

125T Sprocket for Rocket Acceleration. :bigthumb:

Serious stuff going on here Merlin. I like it!!! What is your battery packs capacity? Where did you get the 125T sprocket?

Back