Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Kepler said:
This.

Frame.JPG

Will be fitted with a Bafang M600 and custom battery. Fox36 Kashima Float up front and Fox Float DPX2 on the rear. Still tossing up if I will go 29er or 27.5

Awesome!! I hope you start a build thread, I have enjoyed following your previous builds.

Cowardlyduck said:
Surprised you didn't join the LMX 64 bandwagon Kepler. You'll end up with a similar bike by the looks of it apart from how the power gets to the wheel.
How long till Stealth make a serious powered mid drive I wonder.

Cheers

Yes this will be my next build i think.

Well Guys Bit of Upgrade to Futr Beta

20S 21AH 30Q (fits Great)
Snapchat-1588225941 (2).jpg

Finally got my Nucular 12F installed looks so nice love the mount and very custom programmable
Snapchat-532036768 (2).jpg

Cheers

cheeko said:
Finally got my Nucular 12F installed looks so nice love the mount and very custom programmable
Nice!
How do you like the Nucular?

Your battery doesn't look like it's all the one cell type...never seen a green or blue 30Q before...you should be careful if mixing different cells together.

Cheers

cheeko said:

Cheers
SICK!!!!! Show us a full pic or 5 of the completed machine.

Cowardlyduck said:
cheeko said:
Nice!
How do you like the Nucular?

Your battery doesn't look like it's all the one cell type...never seen a green or blue 30Q before...you should be careful if mixing different cells together.

Cheers

Nar they are all 30Q but because i went with the nucular i needed to bring it down from 24S to 20S, My Previous Battery was 24S 5p So after braking battery apart any cells that had mark on sleeve i changed them, just some i had lying around just to confuse people.

Beta Fits 7P laying on vertical direction.

Man the Nucular is unreal, so much customization, Very nice and even the Ebake works different to the power velocity for price it has heaps features, Only think i think on future would be to make PLUG on Controller to Screen so you don't need to unplug it from screen, I did this with some microfits. The mount for steer tube fits great.

Rix said:
cheeko said:

Cheers
SICK!!!!! Show us a full pic or 5 of the completed machine.

Yeah man, no change from before just controller and screen and i have new throttle went with domino throttle can't compare to Chinese ones.

Hey guys, I've been out of action for a while with health dramas and then trying to get on with things, but I've FINALLY finished building my beta after 2 years! (this is why I had to give up building bikes for other people!)

This may be my last ebike for the forseeable future, and if so, that's OK!
This is the perfect all rounder IMO. but is light enough for me to lift into the car or up a few stairs if needed (even with my wrecked back and other issues)

It's running an 18 fet sinewave controller at 80A , 21S5P 30Q battery and the latest alloy core crystalyte H4065 motor which gives heaps of torque and a top speed of about 70. With 6.5kw it's got enough power to flip you off the back if you're not paying attention and with the slower winding it runs more efficiently at lower RPM. I havent fitted hubsinks or statorade but it hasn't gotten over 90 degrees yet, even with all the massive hills around here so that's a big win.
The wheel set is 24" red anodized bmx alienation with other red anodized highlights to match. Brakes are 203mm MT5s. 2 speed schlumpf for comfortable pedaling at 20-25 for toddling around tight stuff in low gear or around 50km/hr in high gear which is perfect for firetrails or the road. I wanted to keep the bars clean and minimal so have frame mounted the CA which also keeps all the wiring internal and tidy. I'm glad I didnt sell my last set of USD-6 forks - I quite like them. They seem tough enough and make the bike super nimble to flick around the single track.

bHWZsMv.jpg

MGAsGlT.jpg

K2kXzuG.jpg

Hyena said:
Hey guys, I've been out of action for a while with health dramas and then trying to get on with things, but I've FINALLY finished building my beta after 2 years! (this is why I had to give up building bikes for other people!)

This may be my last ebike for the forseeable future, and if so, that's OK!
This is the perfect all rounder IMO. but is light enough for me to lift into the car or up a few stairs if needed (even with my wrecked back and other issues)

It's running an 18 fet sinewave controller at 80A , 21S5P 30Q battery and the latest alloy core crystalyte H4065 motor which gives heaps of torque and a top speed of about 70. With 6.5kw it's got enough power to flip you off the back if you're not paying attention and with the slower winding it runs more efficiently at lower RPM. I havent fitted hubsinks or statorade but it hasn't gotten over 90 degrees yet, even with all the massive hills around here so that's a big win.
The wheel set is 24" red anodized bmx alienation with other red anodized highlights to match. Brakes are 203mm MT5s. 2 speed schlumpf for comfortable pedaling at 20-25 for toddling around tight stuff in low gear or around 50km/hr in high gear which is perfect for firetrails or the road. I wanted to keep the bars clean and minimal so have frame mounted the CA which also keeps all the wiring internal and tidy. I'm glad I didnt sell my last set of USD-6 forks - I quite like them. They seem tough enough and make the bike super nimble to flick around the single track.

bHWZsMv.jpg

MGAsGlT.jpg

K2kXzuG.jpg

Jay, glad to see you pop up here. Better late than never. Your build came out super awesome, the 4065 with a sinwave running 21s is a perfect combo. you going to make a video? Would like to see a couple of more close up pics of both sides.

Thanks CD. I'm making it a mental health priority to make time for more rides!

Rix said:
you going to make a video? Would like to see a couple of more close up pics of both sides.
Thanks. I could make a video but it probably wouldn't be very exciting as I have to take it real easy. Even with the suspension set up soft it still hurts my back to ride. No jumps of high speed antics any more. But the next generation of Hyena's are growing fast so maybe they'll have to take up the mantle soon :)

Here's a few more pics - if you click on the link below it'll have the full res version.

Bit of a lion king feel to this one. Everything the light touches is my kingdom 8)

ySi47wK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ySi47wK.jpg

X5dKXsx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X5dKXsx.jpg

Very nice Jay, that bike is the bomb. According to my math, you have just north of 1300wh in the battery, figure 1150 usable. With the h4065, you got some good range potential, and because your battery isn't super huge, not alot of weight from it. Perfect bike for about 30-35 km of range. Again the bike looks great with the crimson red highlights and white background.

Damn Cheeko thats a nice battery if it fits in well. certainly giving me ideas for my next future builds. I'd be interested to hear more about the Nuclear controller and how it all goes. I remember looking them up a while ago. Looks like they are coming out now hey. Even the 6f appears to hit some ok numbers to suit 1500-2000w builds such as the MAC or 1000w 1500w (35mm wide) DD motors.

Looks especially interesting for the MAC with the high ERPM. should be able to handle the MACS extra pole count ok, as I know some controllers freak out (technical term) if they cant handle that.

HYENAs builds are always impressive and I like the clean bars look. Something id like to do in my next builds I think. With spring coming on in Australia, its a good time to get out n ride. I'm sure before we know it I'll be complaining "damn too hot to ride - 42 degrees again"

In fact if anyones keen to explore the Bendigo area just let me know. - I'll throw the 5th and 6th of October out there of dates if anyones keen for a meet up and explore of the forests and tracks around here.

Lash yeah fits in fine no jimmy 20s7p on side iv even got blutooth BMS its big and it still fits and plenty room on sides for some pading. Pretty stocked with my second battery build

Nucular controller wow so many options configs.. loving the Torque + Speed exactly like motobike rampup but you can configure anything on screen. Even color buttons to what u want to see on screen. I got 12F its tiny.. heres my first ride pic
ebb8d814e043799b51111c44905e9a66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well it's not much of an update, but here's whats been going on with my bike.
I recently revalved my usd8, All credit goes to Emmett for his guide back in 2014. I followed the same valving setup and the fork feels incredible now. Here's the original guide https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&p=978312&hilit=valve#p978312
this is an overview of old vs. new shims, top is old
GLtyM5k.jpg

now i'm just waiting to get new spokes and build a new rear wheel with an excel a60, then i'm thinking of using a tubliss setup, but don't know if I can justify the cost.

Here's the bike just after a polish and wax at a local trail :lol:, the paint smoothness decreased wh/km by atleast 15% :
5Jpl7Bx.jpg

Rix said:
Very nice build Cheeko, outstanding job!!!

Thanks Rix, Everyone on the forum has helped a lot and i have learned a lot in mean time, Im sure this will be my last controller for this bike.

Time to start riding her.

\\ (•◡•) / said:
Well it's not much of an update, but here's whats been going on with my bike.
I recently revalved my usd8, All credit goes to Emmett for his guide back in 2014. I followed the same valving setup and the fork feels incredible now. Here's the original guide https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&p=978312&hilit=valve#p978312
this is an overview of old vs. new shims, top is old
GLtyM5k.jpg

now i'm just waiting to get new spokes and build a new rear wheel with an excel a60, then i'm thinking of using a tubliss setup, but don't know if I can justify the cost.

Here's the bike just after a polish and wax at a local trail :lol:, the paint smoothness decreased wh/km by atleast 15% :
5Jpl7Bx.jpg
Hello, Alex, I'm new to this community and building area in E-Bike and I'm building an F.U.T.R Alpha build but I'm having a hard time picking a 19 Inch Rear-wheel because I bought a every big Motor from QS Motor.
I Was hoping you could help me with picking A Rim Tire that is definitely after assembly is going to fit the FUTR Build.
I had my eyes on Warp 9 MX/Enduro Rims but I'm not sure if it's even going to fit. or if ill is able to find a spoke for that RIM. and my second choice would be TAKASAGO EXCEL A60 RIM Tons of people swear by this Rim and they use it on their alpha. let's say i buy the Excel A60 RIM, How do I know what length of spokes should I buy if I'm using this Motor: QS Motor 273 Bicycle Hub Motor 4000W V3
and what tire should I use with the Excel A60 Rim? Would those tires be compatible? 1# Shinko SR 241 Series Tires 2#Dunlop SPORTMAX ROADSMART III.
If there is anything that I should have asked but I didn't know please provide as much information as possible. Thank you very much.
please note that I won't be the one assembling the build I'm just buying all the parts to give them to my friend he will assemble the build for me. I'm just trying to pick the best items and order them from outside of my country because we don't have high-end components here.
If you could tell me a bit about your Wheel-set I might end up buying the same exact items you have because you already know they are compatible.
Thank you very much.
By the way this is my Build Thread: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103101

After a brief foray into a Bafang powered carbon Mountain E-Bike, I’ve decided the Futr beta is going to be a better fit for my use case. I’ve read this thread back to front several times which has answered most of my questions and helped me decide which parts to order. I want to order the frame today, and have a question about the dropout spacing on the Beta: Futr list this as 135mm but I’ve seen some users fit the MXUS 3K Turbo, which has a 142mm spacing. Is there some flex in the dropout spacing? Or is there some configuration option I need to notify Futr prior to order?

Gonadman2 said:
After a brief foray into a Bafang powered carbon Mountain E-Bike, I’ve decided the Futr beta is going to be a better fit for my use case. I’ve read this thread back to front several times which has answered most of my questions and helped me decide which parts to order. I want to order the frame today, and have a question about the dropout spacing on the Beta: Futr list this as 135mm but I’ve seen some users fit the MXUS 3K Turbo, which has a 142mm spacing. Is there some flex in the dropout spacing? Or is there some configuration option I need to notify Futr prior to order?

Man you can get the Mxus 3K with 135mm Dropout thats what im running, Slots straight in :)

cheeko said:
Man you can get the Mxus 3K with 135mm Dropout thats what im running, Slots straight in :)

Legend, thanks!

For anyone that cares, the dropout width on the Beta is 142mm also. I guess that's why the 3K Turbo drops straight in!

Managed to get a ride in along the Castlemaine to Maldon rail trail in Central Victoria, AUS on the weekend. This means I got to test out my dual ebike carrier. It all went well! See a couple of pics below.

I'd like to get some quick tie down straps to make the tie down task faster, but apart from that I'm really happy. The rack is sturdy and doesn't bop around at all. I think this combo should open up some great options for day-trip rides around the traps.

I'm yet to switch out the rear wheel on my Alpha to get it back on the road - so the MAC12T powered Beta is getting a workout lately & I'm loving it! What a little beast.

Looking forward to some more rides now that I have a bit of extra time coming my way.

futr-ebike-rack.jpg

futr-train.jpg

Back