M600/M500 Crank Arm missing need help!

Hi All,

Just wanted to find out if anyone has found a location/vendor that has the Bafang Splined Crank Arms available for purchase?

I recently purchased a frame, m600 motor assembly and BT F03 battery from Risen Bicycle. The frame was built wrong and the motor kit was missing one of the crank arms and Risen will no longer answer emails. Be smart people and DO NOT buy anything from Risen if something is wrong Mike Wang makes excuses and then keeps saying they are sending soon but never do!

Any rate, while I can purchase another frame from a vendor I can't seem to find a place to purchase a crank arm. I have also emailed Bafang and they will not respond either. It's not like I want one for free.

So if anyone has a source for a set of splined crank arms for M600/M500 I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Fred

Appears that I have the Left side.

How is that significant?

Attachments

• Crank Arm Left small.png
    Crank Arm Left small.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,231
The threads for the pedal hole are left hand on the left crank, and right hand on the right crank. Putting the wrong one on the wrong side makes the pedal unscrew while you're riding until it gets unscrewed enough to rip out the final few threads, ruining the crank.
That's how it signifies :thumb: :D

Volton,

I have had a bike business for about 15 years and building bikes for 30. I know which side a crank is supposed to go on whether left or right but still makes no difference that one is missing and I need to purchase a set because no one is going to sell you a single.

Thanks for the info though as someone watching this may not be that familiar with pedals.

Still needing a location for a set of cranks...

Drop Dead Fred said:
[...]but still makes no difference that one is missing and I need to purchase a set because no one is going to sell you a single.

Maybe. But real bike shops sell single replacement cranks all the time.

Balmorhea said:
Drop Dead Fred said:
[...]but still makes no difference that one is missing and I need to purchase a set because no one is going to sell you a single.

Maybe. But real bike shops sell single replacement cranks all the time.
Sure thing if they have spares laying around from take offs, they still however usually can't purchase singles same as manu's don't make and sell singles and they will not break up a set to sell you a single! Also the M600 has a special spindle, (it's like an ISIS but different cut), and bike shops may never carry one unless the M600 hits mainstream for a few years. Regardless I know which one I need.

Thanks for all the knowledge guys, but if you don't have a location\link to purchase M600 crank arms, no more comments please as I know which one I need!

Drop Dead Fred said:
Balmorhea said:
But real bike shops sell single replacement cranks all the time.
Sure thing if they have spares laying around from take offs, they still however usually can't purchase singles same as manu's don't make and sell singles

https://www.jbi.bike/site/search_detail.php?x1=CRANK+ARMS+%26+SETS&x2=LEFT+HAND+ARMS

Balmorhea said:
Drop Dead Fred said:
Balmorhea said:
But real bike shops sell single replacement cranks all the time.
Sure thing if they have spares laying around from take offs, they still however usually can't purchase singles same as manu's don't make and sell singles

https://www.jbi.bike/site/search_detail.php?x1=CRANK+ARMS+%26+SETS&x2=LEFT+HAND+ARMS

Thanks, again nothing I can use...

You're in a tough spot. The M600 spline is unique as far as I can tell and I haven't seen a compatible one made by anyone else.
Bafang is not likely to be of help unless you want to buy 500 of them, but it's about your only option.

It may be possible to modify an ISIS crank to fit, but I don't know the dimensions on the M600 spline.

fechter said:
You're in a tough spot. The M600 spline is unique as far as I can tell and I haven't seen a compatible one made by anyone else.
Bafang is not likely to be of help unless you want to buy 500 of them, but it's about your only option.

It may be possible to modify an ISIS crank to fit, but I don't know the dimensions on the M600 spline.

silence said:
fechter said:
It may be possible to modify an ISIS crank to fit...
Very unlikely, as the spline count is different - 10 vs 12.

Guys thanks for the thoughts.

I did find one out of the Netherlands. Turns out they are the same as the ones for the M420 which a 250w European system.
Shipping was 3 times the cost by hey when you don't have one and the manufacturer won't help it is what it is.

What I did was, I went to Bafang-e.com and then into the OEM area under components and there is a crank section. I looked at each one until I found the CK C13.170 which fit the G332/G520/G521... The G332 is an M420 which is the system that has been out there longest and would have parts available like the BBS02/BBSHD systems here in the US.

After some searching for a while the 'hollandbikeshop.com' had an English version of their website and carries parts for the M420. I'm sure after a couple of years they will be a good source for the M500, which will be M600 components also, since their website can be listed in English. I found a couple of others but they were in German and I don't speak German that well, so was difficult to tell if they shipped to the US without a lot of interaction. The Holland Bike Shop responded quickly to an email and let me know that their system is setup to ship worldwide. When I selected my product it immediately asked for location and had a big drop down list for shipping. Prices are in Euros but PayPal did the conversion no problem for me.

I know this was a bit long winded but wanted to let everyone know what I found and how to go about getting parts for our M600 products. Sad fact is until the US embraces the M600 and ebikes more we will probably have to deal with European bike dealers for M500 system parts.

Thanks for posting that. It's useful to know where to get parts from. I'll be extra careful with my crank arms as that looks to be one of the more difficult parts to get.

Thanks so much Fred for the info here. Good to know the details on your quest for the crank arms. Keep us in the loop in regards to when the product arrives and if you don't mind please the total cost including shipping. I have purchased a left and right hand tap set for re doing my holes to shorten my crank arms but as I now know now how difficult these are to replace I may want to hold off doing the job until I know how long and how much they cost before I attempt the process in case something goes wrong. If I screw up I dont want to be with out my bike for months on end. Thanks again........wayne

With how difficult it's being to source those, maybe go to a machine shop that can put a helicoil in the existing hole? The alignment is really important so as not the feel the pedal ocillating underfoot..

Hey Guys,

I got the crankarm in right after Christmas and looks fine. So, crankarms are available out of Europe. Just have to order them for the M420.

Fred

Back