Ebike

Jp88

10 mW
Hi i got a ebike and put a bigger and better wheel on buy it going backwards and ideas would be great it a dayun ebike

Hi was wondering if you could help me I have a elertic bike but my back wheel is going backwards

The wires on the new motor are not colored the same as the old one. Try swapping around the big fat wires to find a combination that makes it run good forward. There will be one good forward, and one good reverse combination, the other 7 will run shitty, or not run at all.

There are threads that explain this in more detail.

If this is a BLDC motor with hall sensors, perhaps this would be easier to use. If it runs well, but just in reverse. Just the changes in the lower right blue box would be necessary.

HRaeRi4.jpg

Regards,
T.C.

Well, if it is running fine backwards, half the job of finding the proper combo is done. Swap any two (only two) of the big phase wires, then swap one of the 3 other possible combinations of the (blue, green, yellow) hall wires. One of them will give you a perfect forward motion.

It;s right there in the flow chart.
You have three heavier wires - Yellow, Blue, Green
You have three thinner wires - Yellow, Blue, Green plus two more, Red and Black?

1) Swap the thick Yellow and Green wires.
2) Swap the thin Yellow and Blue wires.

If the chart is correct, Zoom ZOom.

Jp88 said:
So what would be the best thing to do
Since it's not going to fix itself, print out this thread and bring it and the bike to a shop that can swap the wires for you, per the advice provided.

Jp88 said:
So what would be the best thing to do

Follow the advice already given.

Or try giving the complete information others already asked for, that you haven't bothered to do yet.

Hi could any one help me my bike had a new back wheel everything working fine then yesterday had a adicent and still everything working fine then last night but the batteries one charge and just gone down today and but the batteries back in and it all comes out but still saying the batteries flat when it isn't and not moving at all any help would be great full

Jp88 said:
Hi could any one help me my bike had a new back wheel everything working fine then yesterday had a adicent and still everything working fine then last night but the batteries one charge and just gone down today and but the batteries back in and it all comes out but still saying the batteries flat when it isn't and not moving at all any help would be great full

Ah so does this mean that you solved the earlier problem? Thanks for following up. What finally worked?

Yh we got the back wheel working been all gd up till today when I charge my batter when downstairs put the batteries in and not it saying battery flat when it not and it not working

Jp88 said:
Yh we got the back wheel working been all gd up till today when I charge my batter when downstairs put the batteries in and not it saying battery flat when it not and it not working

Yup, the beauty of the forum is that a person can ask a question and receive lots of support and great advice. And the same user can then contribute to the forum by coming back afterwards and letting people know exactly what they ended up doing to fix the problem, so the next guy that reads the thread benefits. So what worked?

A long time ago before web browsers existed people used to get help from others through mailing lists. It was expected that they'd post a recap after they got their problem solved. Otherwise they were less likely to get helped the next time.

Jp88, what was the problem before and how did you fix it?

The problem was the back wheel was not working before it Coz it was not clouer code.

Back