la Nina rears her ugly head

fechter said:
It was about enough to make two snowballs. Sort of a white Christmas for me.

California has more snow on Christmas than Moscow.

We are 5 days into Winter, burr. It's a cold and cloudy 60F so charging up the Ebikes, checking tires or my mother is. We will hit the trails, it should hit mid 70s F today and sunny. So much for Winter maybe next year.

just drizzle and fog for us tonight, in the 40s f. tomorrow night almost but not quite freezin.g, then a little warmer thru the next week, with mroe rain.

i'm off work for the first week fo the year, so am hoping for good weather to get stuff done, assuming my hand has healed enough to do things by then.

Stumbled across some reader submitted photos to KNBC4 LA. Usually I feel guilty crowing about our SoCali weather to folks in the rest of our nation. I guess that this will even it out some. :lol:
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/photos-winter-storm-scenes-from-around-southern-california/2281215/

Crazy weird weather in SE MN. Expecting 50F tomorrow and I've only been shutdown by icy streets for two days. Had I changed to studded tires I'd have been changing them again in 48 hours. Looks like more rain and ice next week. THAT is treacherous. Unbelievable weather changes.

No precipitation in the forecast:
Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 45. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 69. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Calm wind.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 69.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Breezy.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 69. Breezy.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 69.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 62.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=CAZ048&warncounty=CAC065&firewxzone=CAZ248&local_place1=5%20Miles%20SE%20San%20Jacinto%20CA&product1=High+Wind+Warning&lat=33.7344&lon=-116.9011#.XhHlLCSIbYU :twisted:

Thursday
A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday Night
A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 64.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
Sunday
A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.

Enjoying a break in the rain for some riding. The roads have dried out enough to not be a mud bath in most places. The grass is starting to turn green and the air was clear. Temps were near 60F, so not too cold either.

Chances of rain return tomorrow night and likely for this weekend.

Img_1491.jpg

Wow, it was really coming down hard this morning for my commute. The system was not that big but my timing was bad. I won't have a rain total until I get back home.

Detailed Forecast
This Afternoon
Showers likely, mainly before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tonight
A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 63. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 39. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 60. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 38.
Sunday
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Monday
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

Like in my last post I was explaining bits that cause Australia's "La Nina/El Nino", which is called the positive "Indian Ocean Dipole" effect via solar minimum https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81147&start=1525#p1516241

Here is the "Indian Ocean Dipole" and how it causes drought and bush fires in Australia, this is from the federally government-funded Australian "Bureau of Meteorology"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6hOVatamYs
[youtube]J6hOVatamYs[/youtube]

Here is a more recent video on the same subject of IOD but slightly more left-wing friendly who want to blame carbon dioxide for everything despite it being insignificant to all the other naturally occurring events.
The interesting thing is though, it appears these BOM people are proper scientists and can't help but focus on the science of cooler than normal oceans causing less water vapour in the atmosphere and thus precipitation via the Indian Ocean Dipole. As the basic climate science continues to point out, a warmer ocean/world means more rain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXWsN6331s
[youtube]-FXWsN6331s[/youtube]

And "ENSO"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzat16LMtQk
[youtube]dzat16LMtQk[/youtube]

These great videos are more examples of why "Broadcast media must die"... Humans are incapable of giving up/abusing power, like The Lord of The Rings https://youtu.be/O7X1BCCH9a8?t=162, and "broadcast media" is raw power... so they just say bush fires are entirely caused by increased carbon dioxide because of its perceived political power.

Anything on the internet does a *far* better job of explaining literally *anything* alongside *free-speech*

There is a group of people trying to say that the fires in Australia were all caused by arsonists and another group trying to blame it entirely on climate change. I suspect neither is entirely correct. Disinformation seems to be the new norm.

0.1" here yesterday. It seemed like a lot more than that when I was walking to work but the rain gauge doesn't lie.

Thursday
Rain, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog before 10am. High near 54. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday Night
Rain before 10pm, then a chance of showers after 10pm. Low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

I've had 4 fronts pass by with rain but they were all wimpy with just barely drizzle. Should be getting a more normal strength storm starting tomorrow night. Meanwhile, riding weather has been good. The mud has dried out in most places enough to not be a mess.

About 1.5" here yesterday. It all came in a very short period of time but luckily while I was at work so I didn't get soaked while commuting.

Back