E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Hello all, Here is the procedure to update your LMX 64 to the latest software

This update also solve the double power up, so with the update when you turn on the battery it will not turn the screen on then off on his own.
You will have to boot the battery, then the screen. It also add a neutral mode "N" that disables power but keep screen on.
You can also set the throttle or PAS on and off depending on the selected mode if you want.
Overall a lot of the features we have been requesting have been implemented with this update.

Here is the manual :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16LzARgEncaxQ0M3tSiKlK_Tw1bX-Galb?usp=sharing

The manual is in French but pretty straightforward I think. Let me know if this is an issue?
Please download the files in the archive and unpack to the root of an sd card :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16LzARgEncaxQ0M3tSiKlK_Tw1bX-Galb?usp=sharing

Insert SD card to the display and follow the steps of the guide.

Best regards, Adam

Hi guys,

Took the LMX out for some decent tough stuff the other day, here are some pics from the top:
View attachment 3DSC_5836.JPG
View attachment 1DSC_5838.JPG
Yes, that's smoke you can see from half of Australia burning atm...you can also see a new wall of smoke blowing in above.

As for the bike, it performed great. I can't say I've tested it 100% to the limit yet, but the terrain around this hill is some of the most knarly I know and the bike took it all in it's stride with ease. :D

Still looking forward to that belt drive. When I'm cruising along bike paths, people turn to see what the noise is as I approach from behind. Good for awareness...but not exactly what I'm after.

Cheers

Glad to see some riding photos! I took mine out today as well with my five year old son. Went for an hour in the woods. Had - 1 Celsius. Crisp clean air and dead silent.

Took a ride between the showers today. Got about an hour of some good single track and Enduro riding. Great fun!

MKv9Mqb.jpg

The ZS44 handle bar limiter from acros fits and works perfectly. Easy to fit. I knocked the old bearing cup out with the forks shaft. Tapped in the new cup and bearing. Pushed it fully into place with the fork top clamp and the tightened everything up. Now the bars swing easily and the hard stop at ca 85°each side, stops the bars from turning any further. Going to flash the controller tomorrow. -6 here.
Anyway, your gonna need a bigger ramp.

Attachments

• 706DCE12-3CC5-4172-B3EF-76CF4D1C7571.jpeg
    706DCE12-3CC5-4172-B3EF-76CF4D1C7571.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4,713
  • C456C704-DB8F-4777-8969-B5B40B2CE55B.jpeg
    C456C704-DB8F-4777-8969-B5B40B2CE55B.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 4,713
  • 6E652853-6F27-4656-951D-FD69D13E7416.jpeg
    6E652853-6F27-4656-951D-FD69D13E7416.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4,713
Looking good 😀 Where in the world are you located Joe?

Need to ask a question, I notice some creaking noise from my left pedal arm. Tightening it up makes the motor engage just so slightly when rolling the bike. I can see the bb / torque sensor / bearing move just a little, about a millimeter. Will it screw up the pedal sensor by tightening it further?

Nice pics guys!
For the belt kit, the sample batch of 5 kits is in production, we only have one left available based on the requests we had so far.

Hendrik, regarding your crank arm, can you send me a picture via email? was it one of the changed crank arms with machined groove?
If not the right crank arm will need to be changed.

Best regards, Adam

Hi Adam

Thanks for getting back to me. I have no idea, I've just ridding it since I got it and lately it's starting to make a little noise when pushing hard. I'll send you a couple of pictures!

Cheers

bzhwindtalker said:
Hello all, Here is the procedure to update your LMX 64 to the latest software

This update also solve the double power up, so with the update when you turn on the battery it will not turn the screen on then off on his own.
You will have to boot the battery, then the screen. It also add a neutral mode "N" that disables power but keep screen on.
You can also set the throttle or PAS on and off depending on the selected mode if you want.
Overall a lot of the features we have been requesting have been implemented with this update.

Here is the manual :

The manual is in French but pretty straightforward I think. Let me know if this is an issue?
Please download the files in the archive and unpack to the root of an sd card :

Insert SD card to the display and follow the steps of the guide.

Best regards, Adam
Hi Adam
This didn’t work for me.
I downloaded the zip file. Opened it and copied all 3 files onto the root directory of my sd card.
Inserted battery, system turned off. Inserted sd card and turned on software up-date. The controllers said. Booting, then “file open error”.
Please see attached photos. Any help is as always greatly appreciated.
3 files were on the sd card.

Attachments

• F3236579-6C21-4EC8-A330-0A47ED03169D.jpeg
    F3236579-6C21-4EC8-A330-0A47ED03169D.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 4,535
  • F3DFE316-3E9A-43A6-9D99-6029AA1E3188.jpeg
    F3DFE316-3E9A-43A6-9D99-6029AA1E3188.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 4,536
  • 4E19ED0C-ECED-45BA-B78D-6220F8BAF60B.jpeg
    4E19ED0C-ECED-45BA-B78D-6220F8BAF60B.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 4,536
  • 81383A21-6889-41DB-8EB9-C48FDF90073D.jpeg
    81383A21-6889-41DB-8EB9-C48FDF90073D.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 4,536
Thanks for testing this Joe!

I was just about to throw myself into this with a french user guide :?
I'm going to wait until we hear back from LMX with a solution.

Regarding the belt drive, I hope LMX will test properly under the right conditions!
jJgawCjoPX8Z0S-AugtppgNuPj0Jd6yIvVOMGBkX6aL-k9LNuOZy5ZVtTu_SRRp--YcPPsRJU9jAzTyBYFPrSEQiT2Eb1U1U0KK84DOJk465QSrSftneTwtGWbj_-tL_Q7DfDa2EYeVs-yFvPOriplW4d_lXZGoxrU5fjnMkelJR0Yur2tr6RqnaSSmljtCh2dNAuN9e5yAQSJpNJqpeUkIut44WG03AT0FlDCACGHNgwsOkkhMvD-h84jXi7FPdfFszSlO2eujXN19fFtqCmOUbSsFE_eDrFmsMhg3zeny_NnYvy6AlaOes54FzI6Yu8Pt3Hft6CkV9yySWPO6TXwlPLq3otx6dSHyxwCdquvjlvOtg6dn0WmEscXDTHhoVH79eZZH8UIc3kfiaop726aWoSYyZGyof3175P_CbQIixyLOM2c5D6NOMnRyP0_iyUIfxZ-ml2nUxbW8OtixTKKOOpwstlYrkB2TBu3SBLDqSokoHCz9qUNtwHiQlRV7mjWEm15alWEtDvLyClPuxMBKw_Uo6IYP-pjDGmvI2Gk20nsUKROLZsNhVOKfNTucE_4ru0-FukCpl0p3mQc8GPZD7NcFgsb-UOwP5-_n1dlzCnWqRkdsYRYs606T8UPy9_eMyc7KZtMvNQNIbRwRyYgij2Q1qdzxe4pKCjTUXGp1mM6xHb60Mh7Vz=w2306-h1297-no

Here is a google translated pdf of the Nucular programming.
I’ve tried now with 2 different SD cards. One from my gopro 256gb and the first one was 64gb. Both have exactly the same failure.
I can see in a previous post a link to another firmware up-date, directly from VasiliSk . That one has only 1 file. I haven’t try that yet.
I am living in Germany.
I’m still looking for a way to save the complete configuration before I make the update. I have taken photos of all pages, I think.

Attachments

• Programming update LMX nucular_compressed.pdf
    926.9 KB · Views: 103
I uploaded the files again directly from the SD card we use for installation on our website :

http://lmxbikes.com/upload/nucular_update/

Let me know if this works better... Sometimes google drive seem to mess this kind of files.
Adam

By the way, we received most of the parts for the beta belt drives.

The belt is Optibelt OMEGA made in germany
Front sproket is 7075-T6 with black anodising
Rear sproket is POM-C and has been improved with machining on both inner and outer faces to have more clearance for big calippers like the TRP.

The tensionner now has a hard stop to keep it from hitting the swingarm and damaging the paint when the belt is removed.

We will assemble one of those beta kits on one of our test bikes while we wait for the belts.

Attachments

• IMG_20200109_141117 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200109_141117 (1).jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 4,316
  • IMG_20200109_141122 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200109_141122 (1).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 4,317
  • IMG_20200102_103038 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200102_103038 (1).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4,316
  • IMG_20200102_103042 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200102_103042 (1).jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 4,316
Looking great Adam! Thanks for sharing.

I've never had a belt driven anything before so this is exiting. :)

What do you do if it slips off during riding? Is it easy enough to push the tensioner and put back on?

Also, is it worth carrying a spare belt in case of failure? This might be especially useful for me considering I'm pushing nearly 200 phase amps.

Cheers

bzhwindtalker said:
I uploaded the files again directly from the SD card we use for installation on our website :

http://lmxbikes.com/upload/nucular_update/

Let me know if this works better... Sometimes google drive seem to mess this kind of files.
Adam

Hi Adam, Just downloaded this and loaded it onto my SD card 64gb. the size of the files was exactly the same as the files I had before.
Installed my battery, installed the SD card. Went to the device Nucular 10 and update software was no, turn to yes and pressed the green button (right side) Booting, and then unable to open file, will reset in 10sec.
Maybe I‘m doing something wrong, maybe my SD card is too fast or too slow, maybe I need to turn something else on before I up-date the software. The next pages in the procedure (Page 4) I suppose are only available after the firmware update. It says that a lot of new pages have been added on his web site.
Has anyone else been able to install. If so, please tell me what I‘m doing wrong. Some of the new features are what I‘ve been waiting for.
I tried to export my configuration in the Device, nucular, auto setup, export config. This brings the same error. Unable to open file will rest in 10sec. Does this mean I have an SD card problem?

PS, the belt drive looks just amazing. I hope I am one of those 5. I would probably have a 2nd belt as a spare, just in case something gets stripped. I will install as soon as I get it.

Hello Adam. Thanks for the pedal arm. Now everything seems good! About the belt kits, if you need someone to test, please let me know. If not, will it vr possible to order a kit later on? Once all testing is finished?

Thank you VasiliSk, that was the solution. Firmware and configuration files now loaded.

The hardest part was to find a way to format the exfat to a fat32. The Mac does this easier than the PC.

For anyone going to do the up-date. A smaller 16gb card will automatically be fat32.
And when they say in the procedure to remove the chain, do it. The motor runs a full test and configuration in the setup.
The procedure works. I didn’t need to “invert” my motor.

Haven‘t ridden it yet. Will try to get out this week.

To keep us entertained in the winter darkness, how bout some more testing videos on the belt drive? I would prefer some bashing in the woods :)

I updated the LMX64 controller software today, and replaced the 34t chainring with a 38tooth.

I haven't seen any release notes on the FW upgrade, so I was not sure what to expect of changes, but i noticed throttle mode is 'torque' only now, and not 'torque + speed' as i guess it was before.

The firmware upgrade went fairly well, but i had to do the 'Auto setup' twice.
I think that part could have been better explained in the manual.

Anyways, out for a testride, I instantly noticed that the motor assist felt more natural, and the bike reminded me more of the Bosch/Yamaha 250w bikes that have a very natural and pleasant motor assist.
I have never used the pedals so much on a LMX64 ride before, and i liked it.
I guess this has to do with removing the 'speed' from throttle mode as it will not assist when ghost pedaling anymore.

I have had my complaints about the mode switch and it's operation.
(EDIT after feedback from LMX): After some fiddeling with the display buttons settings (CAN button 1 and CAN button 2) I am now happy to report that this issue is solved and that you can cycle through the modes N-S1-S2-S3 in a very intuitive way.. Thumbs up for that!
N is netural, S1 is like before (no throttle and max 25km/h assist speed) and S2 felt like in between the old S2 and S3.
I really liked mode S2 as it was powerful but gentle.
Mode S3 is powerful as usual and the motor pulls away from the pedaling effort as expected. This results in reduced torque input to the sensor and therefor less power output from the motor. For me mode S3 is mostly used for throttle only. I got 2400w output from a half drained battery @52v.

My S1 mode stops assisting at 23km/h which is a bit to early.. Where do i set this speed?

I'm very happy with the software upgrade as the riding feels more natural than before, and i think 38t chainring should be standard on this bike!

_s4XwKDCejgbwd2cPXB8cVSiqRw3AstAXiAmIAKapWKQMcICRjTgmP_nCzEvd47PQkHxP1sPMiQzJ6oiduLCBvpJSf03ZVbi6DOL5LdzpP8-RDVt7ppBBwDq85NBHJLAsoEotN6rZAVuvc2careCu7y1Bp1S4HY2Zzz2Jh38WkdZPLDBKn7higYr7AswQwCKDburb_QPgz6haG7KhvJ20z5omHFiodyJA6XX3cjzAThx3CV4YM0yeITgMs5D6CaxKao9isd5l_GlcBN1afJjQJmJ32AlRpfO-mFBslDS3BRzfS0NBbnGnHbgViHx-9H8OLM3Q1qp5rG_iwAHM_LxNP2R1m2SImikWJHQxuOEUaXa1KendPhzil_vg5Bdoh7ltJPEEOyjpodWh8DDZg93a8AEAQj_1C_5Zk5j_UuXZcxjhSeyxePzcp1p8gnDpxWnsoTOZ87gCfLLZJLiTSmya2v5YSux1kNNXA2TCZNiWcITC3FoeCy2OQSCMfh_ld7KnyqXo-Dp8eJhmCVzCiDgf4X9N8cyhAiFklNkyHbNgY7PkFAzgqiFQRi_BYXUDzldz6WfZtZ5NaCrXSXFTAHO8p7QqJCZoRZQQ-GQvCt0v4KnLqTRSaWkfEXJxoQofzdBEeow0yt7fhv55Tl_0BYCkWWhjZZrqD4NZ60cj_qpBwBeC8xow-VGP8c=w3274-h1841-no

Thanks for your feed-back aboutissent the update.

Regarding the mode switch, did you follow the guide?

On the display buttons settings, did you set io1 to can Button 1 and io2 to can Button 2? Set both of them to switch mode.
(Dont forget to save changes)

Then on the Controller, you should have in io configuration, can Button 1 set to s++ and can Button 2 set to s--
Dont forget to save changes too.

Best regards, Adam

Thanks for the feedback Adam.
I updated the post now that the mode buttons work as intended. I must have forgotten to save after changes. :thumb:

Back