Discussions aren't the same quality without Chalo

I read on another thread he was 86'd from ES. No time limit was specified, but I get the impression it may be for awhile.

Oh, that's a shame. Chalo had a lot of valuable knowledge. Yes, he could be abrassive in dispensing advice and didn't suffer fools gladly, but many decades-long experts are like that.

I valued his contributions, even if I occasionally disagreed. He could have just stopped posting on ES, but I guess once he decided he was leaving, he'd see how many rules he could break before he was banned. He was warned first.

I wish him luck, where-ever he is.

I miss Chalo's posts too, but if the forum lost LFP (Luke) that would be a damn shame. I wonder what happened? Did he just get tired of the joint, or did someone piss him off?

He spent a lot of his time and money buying batteries and other kit and testing them. He always shared his results with us. I couldn't count all the times he attempted to help out the new folks. However, like Chalo, he didn't suffer fools or stubborn idiots. I hope one of them wasn't the reason he left.

Why is it that a lot of the good ones leave but the assholes seem to stick around? I've been here a while, I hope that didn't turn me into an asshole too. :oops:

Chalo was a misunderstood mechanical genius with his own point of view. He got after me a couple of times however when I, or others needed help he was there for us. On the couple of occasions I PM'ed him with a question, he was fast with a response and very helpful. In my opinion, the ES Mods should lighten up and let him know he is welcome to return. I hope that the ES Mods aren't holding a grudge, or something worse like secret racist intentions. Let let bygones be bygones.

:D :bolt:

Like me Chalo is a real person. As in Chalo is his real name. My name is Marty. I try not to let my picture get on the internet because I am ugly.

Went looking for Chalo. Search Chalo Austin Texas.

Notes from search:
https://www.facebook.com/EastSidePedalPushers/

Chalo!

Just a couple of machinist tricycle nerds.
Ken and Chalo's latest Precision Pedicab is the fastest thing on 3 wheels.

https://www.facebook.com/Pedicab.Ken/
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Why not un-ban Chalo and ask if he would like to be a moderator? He is pretty good at typing thoughts. People's behavior sometimes improves when they have to set an example for others to follow. Wonder if Trump is trying to improve his behavior?

Neat to see the real life pictures of Chalo! I always wondered if there was a story with his "handle" and now I know it is his name. Welcome back and carry on! :bigthumb:

I miss the guy, extremely knowledgeable quick to reply and always had that way of delivering information so it could be easily understood, maybe he is a little misunderstood but I really would like to see him back you don't know what you got till its gone don't let that be this forum !

Both Luke & Chalo's comments were always worth reading to me. Anything said about the mods might get me banned.

marty said:
Why not un-ban Chalo and ask if he would like to be a moderator? He is pretty good at typing thoughts. People's behavior sometimes improves when they have to set an example for others to follow. .....
+1

I think it is bad practise to ban people like Chalo... people like me who are old hands at ebikes dont come here for the info anymore... we come here for the friendly banter and the characters (like C). You ban those people, no reason for me to show up here anymore. I mean there is only so many times you can answer the same newbie questions again and again... but the regulars who make it a bit like a bar, a fun place to be, thats what I come back for. And maybe ill answer a newbie question when Im here. But you takr away the spice, why bother coming here ?

I enjoyed his sense of humor, and how much do you learn from individuals who agree with you?

e-beach said:
marty said:
Why not un-ban Chalo and ask if he would like to be a moderator? He is pretty good at typing thoughts. People's behavior sometimes improves when they have to set an example for others to follow. .....
+1

That's an interesting gamble, but still a gamble.

Lebowski said:
P.s. with an outfit like that you just KNOW Chalo is making moonshine in the woods :D

Oh, in that case, let's just do it. Maybe he's even racing NASCAR.

Chalo is banned? For what? He and I may be on opposite sides of the universe regarding what should be an ebike from a legal perspective, but I never saw him post anything even close to ban worthy. Chalo is banned yet THEY wanted to keep ElectricGod...There are no words that can explain.

marty said:
Why not un-ban Chalo and ask if he would like to be a moderator? He is pretty good at typing thoughts. People's behavior sometimes improves when they have to set an example for others to follow. Wonder if Trump is trying to improve his behavior?

This could also be a disaster. But you never know.

Back