Invention idea

One problem with power transmission through the air (as opposed to signal transmission such as radio or TV) is that lab rats have developed tumors when they live in an electromagnetic field, such as is found near power transmission towers. There are currently lawsuits being reviewed about residents who live near the towers and have a higher than normal incidence of rare cancers.

When radar speed guns first came out, they were bulkier than now and some were mounted inside the cab on the ceiling between the front seats. The instructions stated to turn on the device and then pull the trigger, but officers just left it on all the time. Then several officers got an extremely rare form of eye tumor on the side next to the radar gun. Officers who rode motorcycles often put the radar gun between their thighs while waiting for a speeder to pass, and several got testicular cancer.

The EV-1 electric car used an induction charger paddle that was encased in plastic and was advertised as being able to charge in the rain when slipped into the cars socket. An electromagnetic coil in the paddle pulsed, and when it was near another coil, it "induced" current to flow in the second coil with no phyhsical connection. No doubt a credit card placed within a foot of the charger paddle would be erased.

I was fascinated by the clever mechanical/electrical inducement of animal identification chips. It is the size and shape of a grain of rice, its encased in sterile glass, and is inserted just under the skin between a dogs/cats shoulder blades. There is a micro-device inside that vibrates in the presence of an electromagnetic field. The vibrating part has a very tiny permanent magnet attached that occilates next to a coil, which induces current (its a linear alternator) a multi-digit number is stored in a medium that cant be erased or changed. The power is used to transmit that number by radio frequency, but the power is so weak, the reader must be within several inches to catch it.

Watch this one minute demo of this "anti-raccoon" doggie door that senses the RFID chip from several inches away (actual chip shown).

http://www.geekalerts.com/sureflap-microchip-cat-flap/

So, technically, there are several options for very short range power transmission (or inducement) like the WiFi signal that allows me to use my laptop without a signal cable (battery life allowing). My Daughter has one of the new iPhone inducement chargers. Just set the phone on the pad, and the battery charges without having to plug in a socket to the phone/charger. Imagine a laptop power pad that is embedded inside a table top or the left arm of your favorite padded Lay-z-boy chair. (with EMF-shielded underwear?).

But, for an electric car to get power from air-transmission...for all we know, Tesla's increasingly bizarre behaviour near the end of his life was caused by brain tumors resulting from his power transmission experiments.

The SpeedPass sticks for credit cards contain those same sealed glass RFIDs, or ones that do the same things. I have one around here I cut the plastic open on a few years back to see what they did inside them, and found that, and only that.

Got a invention idea.

If I am the first one to think of this and anyone makes a profit from my idea I get 10% of all profits.

The world is changing, I see people walking around with cell phones. They are talking, texting, emailing and who knows what else. I see people walking around with earphones and wires going to music playing equipment. I know that cell phones can play music. Now I am seeing people walking around with electronic cigarettes. My idea is one device that is a telephone and a electronic cigarette. I call it a eCigPhone.

marty said:
Got a invention idea.

If I am the first one to think of this and anyone makes a profit from my idea I get 10% of all profits.

The world is changing, I see people walking around with cell phones. They are talking, texting, emailing and who knows what else. I see people walking around with earphones and wires going to music playing equipment. I know that cell phones can play music. Now I am seeing people walking around with electronic cigarettes. My idea is one device that is a telephone and a electronic cigarette. I call it a eCigPhone.
Good one Marty. Why stop there? How about a eCigPhonecuppajoe?

marty said:
Got a invention idea.

I think it would only be good if you could smoke weed in it. eReeferPhone.

Things sure have changed eh? Back in the day, all baked on herb, all we did was listen to Jimmy Hendrix LP's over and over and over.

Now people are out and on the go doing everything. Much faster pace world than 1968 was.

Holy old thread revive 'batman' ..LoL

KiM

My wife won't stop snoring :(

Invention idea? Strap something over her mouth so that the air from her breathing spins a propeller. Attach a generator to the propeller to generate electricity. Yea I know that there won't be enough electricity to power a small city. Ya think this would generate enough electricity to charge her cell phone while she sleeps for 10 hours or so?

If anyone wants I could make a sound recording the snooooooring so you all can hear of the amount of wind I am talking about here.

Doctor told wife to try this:
DreamStation CPAP
1bb8e64121f1428fac03a90601132279

CPAP.png

Not actual picture of my wife. Just a picture I found on the internet.

Wife tried it for a little while. Mask fell off.
CPAP is Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. I tried it. Made my ears feel like I was on a airplane. Add this to the list of stupid inventions.

Last night I dreamed that I was floating around our apartment. Then I woke up. If I concentrate hard enough. I can float in the air. Really I can. I enjoy flying around outside.

marty said:
Got a invention idea.

My idea has been stolen. New name. Smoke a Phone or SmokeaPhone
This smartphone you can smoke is the ultimate vaporware
https://www.theverge.com/2015/11/5/9675352/this-smartphone-you-can-smoke-is-the-ultimate-vaporware
smokeaphone01.jpg

smokeaphone02.jpg

New invention idea. We got self driving cars. Not sure how they work? Car can see the road? Can a self driving car travel where it has never been before?

My invention is called a Seeing Eye Helmet. Helmet for blind people. Helmet has all the same sensors as a Self-driving car.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-driving_car
Self-driving cars combine a variety of sensors to perceive their surroundings, such as radar, lidar, sonar, GPS, odometry and inertial measurement units.[1] Advanced control systems interpret sensory information to identify appropriate navigation paths, as well as obstacles and relevant signage
Helmet would speak to the bling person and tell them where they are when they walk around. Reason it is a helmet is so if something goes wrong like blind guy walks into the path of a truck. Helmet might prevent some injury.

Another way to employ this idea is to mount all the electronics on the back of a large heavy duty seeing eye dog, Think saddle on a horse.

marty said:
DreamStation CPAP

CPAP is Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. I tried it. Made my ears feel like I was on a airplane. Add this to the list of stupid inventions.

You might look into this:
https://www.inspiresleep.com/?utm_c..._MFGaxWaIgc91WQFPKTXxZftH7cN2RihoCzi4QAvD_BwE

Not for everybody, but might be good. Basically gives an electric shock whenever snoring is detected :twisted:

One of my invention projects is a competitor to this but is still in FDA trials so not available to the public.

marty said:
One that has saved (and extended) a lot of lives. But it's your (and your wife's) choice, of course.

fechter said:
marty said:
DreamStation CPAP

You might look into this:
https://www.inspiresleep.com/?utm_c..._MFGaxWaIgc91WQFPKTXxZftH7cN2RihoCzi4QAvD_BwE

Not for everybody, but might be good. Basically gives an electric shock whenever snoring is detected :twisted:

One of my invention projects is a competitor to this but is still in FDA trials so not available to the public.
:shock:
gaining-populthe-emerging-option-of-upper-airway-stimulation-therapy-767.jpg

marty said:
DreamStation CPAP
1bb8e64121f1428fac03a90601132279

CPAP.png

Not actual picture of my wife. Just a picture I found on the internet.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and was given a CPAP. It changed my life in a very positive way. I will not sleep without it ever again. So instead of dismissing it as a stupid invention you might want to educate yourself a little more before making such a "stupid" comment... :roll:
If your wife might be suffering from sleep apnea please read about it and take it seriously:

https://www.sleepapnea.org/learn/sleep-apnea/ From that page:
Left untreated, sleep apnea can have serious and life-shortening consequences: high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, automobile accidents caused by falling asleep at the wheel, diabetes, depression, and other ailments.

marty said:
Any suggestions on how to get wife to use the CPAP machine?

It is not getting your wife to use a CPAP. It is getting her diagnosed. If it is "just" snoring then a CPAP might be to intrusive in her life. But if the problem isn't only snoring but also fatigue or other symptoms then a sleep test might be in order. As with sleep apnea you literally stop breathing during sleeping. And if that is too often you never get into the deeper sleep stages. That is what has a big impact on your health. Let her read the link I posted and see if she recognizes some of the symptoms.

My sleep test revealed that I stopped breathing 21 times an hour on average (max. at 39/hr! on my back) and the oxygen level in my blood was lowered significantly as a result. And I just thought I was only a heavy snorer... :oops:
With the CPAP my energy level is much higher and my wife is very happy as i don't snore anymore :wink:

Wife had a sleep test. Doctor said after hooking her up to the CPAP machine it was like switching a switch. Sleep better with CPAP machine.

Wife has almost all the issues on your list. High blood pressure, stroke, automobile accidents, diabetes, depression.

Never had a automobile accident because she don't drive. She did get hit by a car twice. She is tough. Car knocks her over and she is lucky to have no serious injury.

Back