12 kw rc motor

markobetti

10 kW
Hi Guys

Heres the deal: i will probably be able to get two 12 kw rc motors .
SPECS : 60V 200A = 12 KW
75 KV
also - got a deal to put best quality bearings and ADD hall sensors

QUESTION : 1.WHAT KIND OF A REDUCTION HAS TO BE ADDED FOR NOT OVER HEATING THE MOTOR
2. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT KV LIKE THAT

ALSO , FOR ALL YOU GUYS THAT ARE CONSTANTLY INVENTING NEW STUFF , I WILL BE GLAD TO PUT LINK
OF THE FACTORY AND PRICE OF THE MOTOR AFTER TESTING . BELIVE IT OR NOT : AROUND 250 BUCKS :)

3. BECAUSE THIS FACTORY IS VERY GOOD , I DONT ASK MANY QUESTIONS . DUE TO BAD ENGLISH I WASNT ABLE
TO UNDERSTAND THIS BUT I THINK SHE TOLD ME THAT THERE IS PLANETARY GEAR ON TOP OF THE MOTOR , SO
THAT BRINGS US TO SECOND QUESTION : THE MOTOR IS TOO SMALL TO HAVE GOOD PLANETARY REDUCTION INSIDE : YES , NO ?

IMG_6490.jpg

This is the motor

Dimensions? It looks like it uses a bell skirt bearing, which is great. Can you confirm that? Any chance they happen to know the stator diameter, width, number of turns, and winding resistance?

Souds like an good motor for the money. About the kv,I think it is low enough to do a direct drive to the rear wheel.

Do you have some dimentions from the motor? Also a picture with the motor next to a soda can ore something, for size comparison

Niels

Hey Physics

It is actually a new motor from one very good company so i am not afraid of motor blowing up....
If i do , in about 10 days i will tell you all
Also , they didnt say the dimensions and so on.... dont know why they are keeping it a secret ....
So , ten days and then we will see

Physics ,thanks for reply ...

But : what reduction can i use due to kv: 75?

nieles said:
Souds like an good motor for the money. About the kv,I think it is low enough to do a direct drive to the rear wheel.

Do you have some dimentions from the motor? Also a picture with the motor next to a soda can ore something, for size comparison

Niels

Sorry Niles, just saw your opinion... So you think it could go direct ? ...hm What rear sprocket would u use?

75kv does not mean 75rpm but 75rpm/volt. With 60 Volt you'll have 4500 rpm. Way to much for direct drive!
The planetary gear is designed for airplanes where there is no load during startup. No way the gears can handle the huge start torque of a bike. Maybe when you add a clutch closed by centrifugal force, like 50cc scooters have.
-Olaf

turnigy 48v 180kv motor by your calculation would have : 8640 rpm ?? so i guess 75 kv is better for e bike.......
Still i think if reduction is needed that it would need lower ratio than for example 7kw rc motors?

A single stage reduction between a sprocket on the wheel, and a sprocket on the motor would be fine.

I use a 10:1 single stage reduction with my 130KV turnigy motors, and it works out great.

Thats what i was planning
Hey Physics , what sprocket size you recommend. I still dont have shaft dimensions , but lets guess its same as turnigy:)

when i said direct drive, i ment single stage sprocket drive.

gearing depends alot on the wheel diameter

with 28inch OD wheels and a gearing of 17/125

the topspeed would be 80km/h or 50mph

Id throw away 250 bucks on a chance its any good BIG mofo outrunner hell yes
the Lycras will shit their shiney pants if i came up full noise behind them pedalling
like a machine hehehe...keep us informed please...if when you get the motor
and it is as they have stated spec wise...wanna sell the second one to me :mrgreen:

KiM

No problem aussie , i will not sell it to you :) . I WILL GIVE THE ADRESS AND INFO TO EVERYBODY :> , SO EVERYBODY CAN BUY FOR THEMSELVES , OR YOU CAN MAKE A GROUP BUY IF FACTORY WILL INSIST ON QUANTITIES
Thats how i do it. Oh i hope its a real thing too....

Hey,Marko. THis motor on picture definitly does not have planetaray gerbox. It doesn't have any gearbox. It is a normal outrunner.
This is the one you asked me about? I must have been looking at the wrong picture. 75 is definitly Kv not rpm for this one but the price is good.

YEAH , THIS IS THE ONE !!!!! PLANETARY GEARBOX... IS THE THING THE MANUFACTURER SAID THAT IT HAS IT...LATER ON , SHE DIDNT MENTION IT ... SO ,I DONT KNOW . BUT AS AUSSIE SAID...I LL RATHER THROW AWAY 250 BUCKS THAN JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURE:)))

BTW, 70-90 kV would probably be a good balance between motor speed, peak power and drive system requirements for a bike. Remember, not everyone will be running at 60+ Volts (Though no doubt a few will). The major problem with hub motors is that they have a really low kV and are limited by a poor "gear ratio", so they can't develop high power as easily(or as light, cheaply or efficiently).

swbluto.... i agree i think its ideal compromis this motors specifications . I have a problem finding kv of peletenber motor with the 11 kw power
Anybody knows specs ?

thanks niles... This motor is almost the same as plettenberg - think by rpm ratings that kv of plettenberg is a little bit bigger than this one, probably around 80 to 85
sweet
more info tommorow....

Markobetti,

so who is the magic supplier???

Back