BMSBattery/ECityPower Experience

I like to think that around here we're above the norm, so my vote is for the morally right thing. My point was since the stuff already crossed the ocean don't send it back, especially if you're not happy with something and want to return it. Returning puts you out double shipping, to you and back to them. I think selling is a better route for all involved as long as everything is in good working order. A happy vendor, customer and secondary customer would be a great outcome.

John

geekybiker said:
Legally if you are mailed something in the US without ordering it, its yours to keep free of charge. Moral or not I'll let you decide.
Not sure this is strictly correct on something like a mistaken delivery. I know the law exists where you don't have to pay for or return items sent to you under some circumstances, but I would be surprised if it extended to all goods. Most laws have plenty of exceptions.

Best scenario would be to simply refuse the second delivery in my opinion, if you can't work something out to the satisfaction of both parties.

Unfortunately unlike every single thing I've ordered from overseas BMSBattery doesnt' require a signature so it was just left on my doorstep. I guess I could always just go to the post office and mark it return to sender but I'm not sure if they'll take a box to china as a return to sender like they might a little letter.

If I can't work out something with them i'll just ask for a return label.

evblazer said:
Unfortunately unlike every single thing I've ordered from overseas BMSBattery doesnt' require a signature so it was just left on my doorstep. I guess I could always just go to the post office and mark it return to sender but I'm not sure if they'll take a box to china as a return to sender like they might a little letter.
Well in this case then I'd see if you can work out something mutually beneficial. No need to punish someone for their mistake.

DaveAK said:
geekybiker said:
Legally if you are mailed something in the US without ordering it, its yours to keep free of charge. Moral or not I'll let you decide.
Not sure this is strictly correct on something like a mistaken delivery. I know the law exists where you don't have to pay for or return items sent to you under some circumstances, but I would be surprised if it extended to all goods. Most laws have plenty of exceptions.

Best scenario would be to simply refuse the second delivery in my opinion, if you can't work something out to the satisfaction of both parties.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/products/pro15.shtm
Even mentions mistaken delivery with the suggestion that you should offer to have them them pay to ship it back, but are under no obligation to.

Trying to return it is obviously the right thing to do, but if they don't make an effort to get to back... oh well.

Same thing happened to me with Dell and a Harmony Remote I ordered. I got an extra $130 remote. I did the right thing and emailed them about sending a shipping label. They said they would, and I never got anything. Eventually I just considered it a free gift since they couldn't be bothered to collect the remote and there was no way I was paying to ship back their mistake.

In any case, finding a buyer at a discount would really be a best case outcome for them. Just remember you're working for free.

geekybiker said:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/products/pro15.shtm
Even mentions mistaken delivery with the suggestion that you should offer to have them them pay to ship it back, but are under no obligation to.
I stand corrected. :D

I agree with John in cr , dont ship it back. Shipping to China is not easy. You might have even more problems when they say it never came. Then you lost money and the motor. Sell it for cheap on ebay.

EV

I'm interested too, I need 2 controllers and a cute for my 20" bike would be useful. If John doesn't snap it up, which sounds as if he might, please pm me. (I wonder if you got my order which ecity/BMS seems to have shipped to a black hole somewhere?)

SoSauty

They offered me a pitiful discount but now something really weird happened I think someone is testing me.
I received 12 voltphreaks chargers in the mail today?! I placed and received an order back in march for 10 and I get a package today that said sorry for the delay here is 2 extra.

Maybe it is some weird kind of marketing everyone is trying on me. Ship the item to someone who might want one and maybe get paid or maybe get the item back. Hey if your listening velocraft I'll take a nocom with a tailbox I won't pay for it I may take a long test ride though
nocomfairing.jpg

And yeah I already sent voltphreaks a note and plan on sending them back. Maybe keep 1 to pay for shipping and handling from my end.

Attachments

• IRC 2.75x19.jpg
    IRC 2.75x19.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum, even if I read it now for a while. I want to point out a certain problem I'm having with the BMSbaterry.com EV's parts web site.
Paying with Paypal brought me in some troubles because the vendor say that the paypal link on his website doesn't actually refer to his very own account. So I have 600$ in the nature... not great, even if I had checked some good quotes before on several forums. I will post back here how it's going with them. And let's see what's the part of responsability on Paypal or BMSbattery sides. ++

hi remy,

before you are buying from BMSbattery, you got to ask them for a comfirmation. what is your paypal account ? just incase you don't be paying a wrong person. Luckily paypal has customer protection - you can open a Dispute and get back your money. if you feel that amout is going to a wrong account... Quickly Open a dispute.

i have bought my battery from Bmsbattery, i have also forgotten that account. if im going to do a next purchased, i will also ask them the same question. What IS YOUR paypal account ?? just to double check , you are paying the right person. anything is wrong,, = open a dispute right away!!!

By the way.. AVOID evassemble.com.

kent

be very very careful with bmsbattery.com especially with the shipping quotation. you got to re-confirm with the shipping quotation, and double check that amount is right and the shipping cost is also right Too.. Or else.. be very surprised. that seller ask my friend ,, sorry, " please add another USD15.00, that guy who calculate wrongly! i ask my friend to give them USD5.00, and they should pay USD10.00 for their mistakes. just now, i spoke with him.

please double confirm the quoatation. or any unhappy, please open a paypal dispute right away.

kentlim

I keep up to date the situation about that affair. Actually, the whole money was back to me from Paypal (because of a better insurance for +200€ goods). But no informations about the reason why the money passed through the BMSbattery website to an other person... I'll try to ask why. see ya

Hi remy,
have done too much business with BMSBAttery.
They are also ECITY so maybe that's where it went.

Also on shipping, be careful as I was told it was to ship USPS and it was more than DHL, so when I got the order it came DHL so I paid 20+ for shiping.

What where you ordering?

They have product, but have no idea what it is if you ask questions on specs.

I have had good luck with their products but the shipping SUCKS.
Dan

Yep Dand,
Actually I tried to order some Headways. But it's ok I've been refunded by Paypal. So, I'll try once again to order.

I've been hesitating also to buy the Cute-12 1000W but on their other relative website (ecity-power) they give more specs, and it's told to be instead 500-1000W and because there is no graphics of the motor performance, I assume considering the weight of the "Cute 1000W" of roughly 4.5kg that it's not as powerfull as for instance the hub motors sold on Ebikes.ca which are quite more heavy but so that more powerfull.

see ya

www.Ecitypower.com comes off initially as shady but I really have got some amazing products for good price. I buy my headways from there everytime for $14.75 per cell. You of course must add about 200 dollars in shipping costs but it still cost less than USA retailers. They also have BMS units upward of 100 amps for up to 24 cells for around $100 if not less, depending on cells. And of course the 10a 48v chargers for $90.

I can vouch for the quality of the stuff received too. Everything listed above I own and has been in use for over a year with no problems. I did get one bad BMS unit and after some back and forth of check voltages at specified points the got me a new one free of charge. Write one of their sales staff directly ,get a quote, pay via pay pal and have it by the end of the week!

Has anyone used bmsbattery.com? I've heard it's the same as ecitypower.

A 48v10ah headway pack with 240w charger is $400 SHIPPED.

That is $80 less than the equivalent ping pack. And testers here have found them to be 3c cells compared to pings 1c.

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had much experience with BMS Battery. Although the prices seemed quite good their customer service leaves something to be desired.

I recently ordered an Ebike kit from them. I paid via paypal and specified which type of delivery I wanted. After about a week I received an email telling me that they couldn't use my selected delivery company (even though it was offered on their website). They demanded a further $10 before they would despatch which I had no choice but to pay!

Once I received the kit i tried to assemble it, but the rear wheel wouldn't fit on my bike. The rim had not been built properly and was not centred on the wheel, so the tyre rubbed the frame. I contacted BMS Battery and they admitted the fault and suggested I take it to a bike workshop to get it re-spoked. When I told them this would cost approx £25 they told me to 'borrow a screwdriver and do it myself'!!

This was the last correspondence I've had from them and am disappointed to say the least. Has anyone else had such a poor experience??

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, if you search around, bad experiences with BMS battery outweigh the good ones by a 8:1 ratio :p

So have to contacted PayPAl and refused the charges? You received defective goods and PAyPal will pull the money from their account. Assuming you also used a credit card you can also contact them and stop payment. But work with PAyPal first. I've had problems with other sellers and had very good results with PayPal and my credit C\ard (american Express) resolving the problem. Won everytime.

Bob

Back