Anyone up for E-dirt ride in San Francisco?

hi all, im new here but would like to meet up for this ride. my bike can handle it. what time and place? sports basement?

If there are enough riders interested we can meet at sport basement at 4pm....

I think 3 other riders have expressed interest...is there anyone else?

The steep part of the trail is 1/4 mile. It is totally walkable with bike if your bike is not up for brutal climb.

It is a totally stellar day here in SF.

If your interested in riding please post or message me.

Ok so lets meet at 4pm at sports basement...for those who want to meet us at headlands...we will be there around 4:40.

Just text me at 415-218-9697 for last minute info.

I have 3-4 riders in addition to any group members...

SO i am hoping to hit 7-8 riders or even more.

But please message or post if your planning on coming so we know who to expect.

Bring plenty of amh hours so we can do some exploring this trip. The weather is soooo nice.

I would suggest we scope out possible areas to do hill climb race this summer.

Maybe we can have some impomptu hill climb races experimenting with different grades and different bikes and captures big wins on video.

I am bringing the optibike which is very good for very steep hills, but not so good on regular hills.

I am hoping a lot of you guys decide to show up.

Finally have a edit of the 03/27/2011 Ebike ride SF to Kirby Cove. Its pretty rough but you get a good idea what we all got up to and were riding. Hope you enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/21916303

The music was all produced by a very good friend of mine, if you like it follow the links on Vimeo to his site

loved the video and loved the music too!! such an amazing place to ride, some of the most inspiring ebike videos I have ever seen have been over the bridge and in to Marin county, my old buddy Devin from the TF forums shot some amazing videos years ago, then there was that guy with the optibike and the quad cam footage that is on youtube, wonder if he is still about SF? anyway great show, looking forward to seeing more videos from you!!

knoxie said:
loved the video and loved the music too!! such an amazing place to ride, some of the most inspiring ebike videos I have ever seen have been over the bridge and in to Marin county, my old buddy Devin from the TF forums shot some amazing videos years ago, then there was that guy with the optibike and the quad cam footage that is on youtube, wonder if he is still about SF? anyway great show, looking forward to seeing more videos from you!!

Thanks man there is more to come.

extremegreenmachine said:
Olly your an artist!

Makes me want to go again...hell im going again...

Lets go flying and strap that camera to the wing for sure.

Eric
Thanks Eric I think with a camera on the plane and with me and a sound guy we could produce something beautiful. Always up for it, just let me know.

Alan,

You can see an entire write up on that race here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26567&start=15

But to answer your question that is 9c dd motor, 48 volt leon controller at like 55 amps. He had a cycle analyst and the wattage he was burning broke 3000 watts (opti does 850 watts). He has 20ahs worth of rc lipo packs.

Thanks for the link and info.

What are the plans for the next ride? I'm going to work on my bike this weekend, not sure if I'll be ready but might be. Going to install new controller and raise voltage with 70V 10AH of Lipo on my 9C 6x10. Mounting stuff and sorting out issues always takes more time than expected!

What do you guys think of organizing a race to the top of slackers peek for the members here at endless sphere?

We issue a public challenge or something and piss everyone off so they show up with their over volted rides.

We could make it for first weekend of next month...about 2pm or so and we hang out till sunset. I say we do it soon because spring time in SF is the best weather of the year....clear and warm (not windy).

Have a timer at the bottom of the hill who would double as a ranger look out. One bike at a time and do time trials. Oh yeah and one time guy at the top wtih a stopwatch all offical looking in official gear...at the overlook point. We come equipped with walkie talkies and everytime we finish saying something we say over or roger that. we take turns officiating the race...when someone new comes they tell the guy at the bottom whether they are racing or hiking...if they are racing...ready set go....guy at top records final time.

Have a barbecue with a cooler of beers at the top. I will pull a bike trailer full of supplies to the top well before the event. We will have a loudspeaker system for good music.

And have a prize fund for the top climbers in different weight and wattage classes..

We charge 10 bucks voluntarily donation which will go entirely for prize fund.....that way people are ready to risk smoking their setups to win a little pocket cash....i bet for a little prize money we get some of these ES riders coming from all over the world to roll the dice and win 50 bucks or something. Ah man if the weather ends up nice this could be a dream day...in fact we should plan on first weekend of month but immediatey cross over to the next weekend if weather isnt good.

Anyone game for helping me pull it off? You guys gotta admit thats one spectacular spot and i say we take advantage and have a race... I am ready to do it....whatcha guys say?

I'm in. Just modded my controller for 100v 100 amps. :twisted:

And, just built a 24" BMX cruiser running a 9c at 75v, 80amps for a friend. I believe he'll be there as well.

Ok i am thinking May 14th for event....

I got around 8 people outside of endlessphere i know will show up and compete. If we can get a dozen riders plus we will have an event.

Just put out a feeler post to see if it takes off...

If you guys can put in a good word....you guys know that have been there that peek is begging for a hill climb event...

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27113

Olly....if you do the camera work that would be a huge help...your a freakin artist.

ERIC

Back