race ebike on dyno, flames and plasma! 40kw IN, 10hp OUT.

This is the fate of my death-race ebike motor.

I'm not frantically swapping to another motor and driving down to meet Nicobie to drive out to the event.

The end of this video has perhaps the coolest footage ever in the history of ES. :mrgreen:

A ring of flaming plasma spinning dicks coming out of a motor. Enjoy.

[youtube]e03rMDmJzLE[/youtube]

-Luke

Holy cocktail weenies batman. 60mph. Impressive.

10 times the stock horsepower, lol.. i had no idea you were going to try to run this much..
Only ~50mph = disappointing :(

I was really hoping i'd see footage of you humiliating all the gas bike dudes out there in AZ on a pink bike. I hope someone else carries the torch. Next year.. Crystalyte motorcycle hub, John in CR style?

neptronix said:
10 times the stock horsepower, lol.. i had no idea you were going to try to run this much..

I was really hoping i'd see footage of you humiliating all the gas bike dudes out there in AZ on a pink bike. I hope someone else carries the torch. Next year.. Crystalyte motorcycle hub, John in CR style?

First, it did 67mph with the dyno simulating a full motorcycles rolling resistance. 85mph no-load.

Second, I of course had a back-up motor.

liveforphysics said:
neptronix said:

First, it did 67mph with the dyno simulating a full motorcycles rolling resistance. 85mph no-load.

Second, I of course had a back-up motor.

liveforphysics said:
I'm not frantically swapping to another motor and driving down to meet Nicobie to drive out to the event.

See where i got confused there.. !

GL on the race, man. Make the gassers cry, for us.

Ohh, "not"was a typo, supposed to be "now". Lol

PrettyInPink.png

That's great to know, I read it as a "not" as well and was thinking you were done. Should have known you would not give up so easily after all that work. Give them hell tomorrow!

I expect nothing less from luke!!! Awesome man. :mrgreen:

Arlo1 said:
I expect nothing less from luke!!! Awesome man. :mrgreen:

Looking at your avatar.. we cold make some conclusion like:

Arlo1 : 498A + 82V + X5 = still ok

Luke: 400A + 116V + HS + copper mod = flames
:lol: :lol: :lol:

but i guess that Arlo 498A was burst from the C-A short sampling

and 400A Luke said is the phase current limit of the 40kW controller :lol:

Luke.. I bet the X5 will outperform the HS or HT for those competitions!

Remember.. Arlo got smoke... from the tires... Luke got smoke from the winding :wink:

Doc

Hahaah Yup :mrgreen:
Yeh doc I only have peaks of 40KW
I can run a 180-190 amps while riding but it only last for 3-6 seconds before I have to turn stop or evade the FIVE 0 :wink:
So on the dyno my test would stop just under 20 KW!
I already know my X5 stops getting faster between 15-20 kw!

Do I have to be the first one to point it out.....???
So At 10 kw in you got alomost 10 out and 20 kw in you got ~10 kw out and 30 kw in you got the same as 20 kw in..... Why did you try 40 kw in????

Arlo1 said:
Do I have to be the first one to point it out.....???
So At 10 kw in you got alomost 10 out and 20 kw in you got ~10 kw out and 30 kw in you got the same as 20 kw in..... Why did you try 40 kw in????

LOL!

Yes, I wanted to just see how much the controller/battery combo could dish out. And stress the motor a bit to see how rugged it was.

Bahahaha You Stressed the motor a bit all right!
LMFAO

Arlo1 said:
Bahahaha You Stressed the motor a bit all right!
LMFAO

I do tend to lean on things a little harder than most folks.

Miles said:
Awesome! A noble death :mrgreen:

My feelings exactly.

No shame in dying if you do it up right.

Eating 40kw and exploding plasma and fire through a ring of dicks is like defining "doing it right".

You beat that thing like it was driving a jet boat through the ocean! I don't even know where you could beat a bike that hard without running out of road/ballz. :lol:

Best of luck at the race. I wish I could be there. :twisted: Maybe next year!

Very cool !!!
liveforphysics, you should add to your signature the following phrase "Best X5 motor testing highlight video EVER!!!!"
:D

Hang on, that's not a bad name for a punk band "40kw of Flaming Cock"

The band's logo could be a firey electrified rooster.

If you were taking this seriously though Luke you would be keeping this research under your hat at least until after the race. Some competitors are going to see this and nod knowingly "needed bigger cock vents". You are going to turn up to the race and someone will have gone crazy with a Ron Jeremy stencil all over their hub and you won't have a chance....

Back