ES Rules - Have your say !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think site management should set the rules and we try to stick by them.

Too many people to keep happy IMO.

Forums without mods are toxic and way too many bad things happen, and forums without rules are just crazy.

Forums without debate or any adversity are boring. Balance is important and imbalance creates a unique environment.

I will mention one thing. That threads questioning any members worth will mostly bring bad aura to an otherwise healthy community.

These forums and it members are strong in unity in many ways and most can take a few knocks. Both moderation and the members are responsible for this strength IMO.

I think only a few things could be improved upon yet I am satisfied with the way things have been managed well enough to cast little criticism if any at all.

I am with you on every point. If "tyler durden" is against this panel (seems to be), OK!
Management decides the fate! That is free ownership,
and this is NOT a free speech site, though they clearly =try= to strike a balance, almost always.

Question friend three: where were you if and when, in the reid-attack troll thread, now erased after it did me grievous harm for weeks on end?
And I even softened the finish and "apologized", when I HAD NO REASON TO APOLOGIZE AT ALL: it was a "get reid" thread!

Were you there, (it's all insta-erased after ONE MONTH, nearly of being allowed to run on.

sarcasm, not serious:

I suggest a "TYLER DURDEN is A LOUSE and WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH THIS FAKE NAME MEMBER". thread
(same thing, only there is no REAL NAMED and addressed "Tyler". See point? Screen named members have NOTHING to lose.
REAL named members, by logic, deserve a modicum of respect for not being pussy-hidey-poohs (most are not that at all, but some...grrrrrr!)

My legal name is

Reid Welch
3901 Hardie Road
Coconut Grove, Fl. 33133
305 666 0777

ready for fisticuffs, if trespassed upon.

donttread.jpg

That goes for EVERY member.
We could not have a "USA" for instance, without democratic rule.
Fiefdom forums are NOT democratic.

Therefore, three, he has a valid point.
But I shall not quit "the country" I helped to found.

I will to make an alternative board, and it will be a compliment and never a detriment to E.S.

out.r. limits

Reid Welch said:
I will to make an alternative board, and it will be a compliment and never a detriment to E.S.

Save for the fact it is called: "EFFO": a raised finger to the members of ES.

i tried to have an honest conversation about chinese currency manipulation and trade tariffs, and i was moderated into the cesspool. i guess this clearly shows that this group works for china. don't look for me to post here again.

bobmcree said:
i tried to have an honest conversation about chinese currency manipulation and trade tariffs, and i was moderated into the cesspool. i guess this clearly shows that this group works for china. don't look for me to post here again.

Seems like a bit bold of a claim, just based on one of your threads being moved into another subforum. No offense meant by moving your thread, but when it gets heated they get moved into a more appropriate area. I never singled you out, or said you were even causing a problem. The thread was the issue, not the subject or creator.

I think there is a problem with taking all things personally. The moderators on this thread have never intentionally : Made a problem with posting links pictures , descriptions , prices etc... about products, as long as you are nice and honest - I DEFINITELY RESPECT THAT ( i have to say that some moderators here only helped to move my thread in right section and thats all ) . So the claim that they are working for China is clearly nonsense. The point is that : most of the products are made in China ; and most of us couldnt experiment (price vise) with ev stuff if they were all made in Germany .. Read how many people here have Heinzmann motor here and think about it. So China is definitely a talk here on ES since our stuff come from there... but ... i really like the idea of one line that defines what Ypedal wants to say ... and this comes from Tora : DONT DO STUFF ON FORUM OR OTHER PEOPLES THREAD WHAT YOU DONT WANT ON YOUR OWN .. :) thats : doubling post , hate talks etc...

i don't know why this would not paste normally but here is is:Re: ES Rules - Have your say !

Postby markobetti » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:12 am
I think there is a problem with taking all things personally. The moderators on this thread have never intentionally : Made a problem with posting links pictures , descriptions , prices etc... about products, as long as you are nice and honest - I DEFINITELY RESPECT THAT ( i have to say that some moderators here only helped to move my thread in right section and thats all ) . So the claim that they are working for China is clearly nonsense.

oh yeah? then why was my discussion of chinese currency manipulation and theft of intellectual property squashed immediately? I was the first or second member of this group and i now believe it represents the chinese government. btw i resign as member number 1.

Yes bob we are Chinese moles sent here to bring down the Us government. Now that you have identified yourself as one outspoken against our rule we will be sending agents to your home immediately. One thing please, can you clarify what pharmacy you buy your meds from? We want to make sure they are sourcing their meds from china as well.

I think it's time a rule is made about using turn signals on electric bikes becaues its making us all look like dorks.

Anyone caught using turn signals on a ebike should be first politely warned.

If the abuse continues, this guy is just making us all look bad as a group and jeopardizing the entire ebike community and turning us into some nerdy subculture. We should then as a group ask him to take those damn things off.

After 3 times caught using turn signals the user should be banned from ES forever. At least then he is not making us look foolish anymore.

And if a moderator is caught with turn signals....he should be considered biased...and his moderation status taken away immediately before he abuses his position to perpetuate the obnoxious behavior of using turn signals.

Oh....and the turn signal thread should be deleted immediately before it brainwashes some new safety minded fool.

We should show some lenience however if the rider is over age 70.

Pardpn my language, because I jsut about never cuss like this, but I wonder what the frock you have against me?

extremegreenmachine said:
I think it's time a rule is made about using turn signals on electric bikes becaues its making us all look like dorks.

Anyone caught using turn signals on a ebike should be first politely warned.

If the abuse continues, this guy is just making us all look bad as a group and jeopardizing the entire ebike community and turning us into some nerdy subculture. We should then as a group ask him to take those damn things off.

After 3 times caught using turn signals the user should be banned from ES forever. At least then he is not making us look foolish anymore.

And if a moderator is caught with turn signals....he should be considered biased...and his moderation status taken away immediately before he abuses his position to perpetuate the obnoxious behavior of using turn signals.

Oh....and the turn signal thread should be deleted immediately before it brainwashes some new safety minded fool.

We should show some lenience however if the rider is over age 70.

Sorry guys...

I thought it was obvious i Was just joking.

Didnt realize there were so many moderator watching this thread. :D I better tread carefully

Actually, i was taking a look at the optibike patent...and it was set up to include turn signals...and still has the capability in the controller...so you may see turnsignals in the opti in the future....however i have realized from owning an opti and posting a few times on the opti forums...it is marketed mostly to senior citizens. :| I do strongly believe that one opti does install turn signals they are finished as a company making ebikes :D

Have nothing again amberwolf...i really love the guy actually....im following closely his new build and think its awesome what he's trying to achieve. I am big into the recycle thing. in fact didnt even know until just now he was a moderator....woops. But i never meant bad will towards him.

Just trying to get a laugh...in fact the whole turn signal rant of mine in the thread itself i was just pouring it on thick thinking it was funny. i got to start writing JK a lot when i joke because i think its not obv enough.

I just think the concept of turn signals on a bike is so funny...like wearing a flashing police light on your helmet when your snow skiing or something. Its easy to poke fun at...and i do disagree that it makes you safe...but i know i shouldnt disagree so dramatically...but i was mostly joking. I really like people who put turn signals on their bike same way as i would like someone who wore a flashing police hat on his helmet skiing...i think its crazy extreme and i like extreme....but i would never do it. :wink:

sorry guys. keep up the good work...this forum is incredible.

And you really should consider taking steps to ban the prolification of turn signals....just joking :lol:

Sorry guys...

I thought it was obvious i Was just joking.
Not really, after the original turn signal debate thread; smilies help with figuring that out, though. ;) Gotta stick those in there for stuff like this, ya know? :p

Didnt realize there were so many moderator watching this thread. :D I better tread carefully
It's a thread that commonly gets spammed, so every time it pops up to the top I look to see why (I do almost no moderating except spammer control).

No need to "tread carefully", but if you joke around, sounding so very serious in word/phrase choices, gotta use them smilies to belie it. ;) Disagreement among people brings ideas and progress, often enough, so certainly nothing wrong with it, but if disagreements come to the point of the way your post *sounded* (that they should be banned and that those using them be banned/etc, too, very very harsh), that can be a problem, when an opposing viewpoint (like mine that they can be a good idea to voluntarily install and use, if one wants to) exists.

If everyone agreed on everything, it'd often be a boring world. :)

Amberwolf,

All those smiley faces are cheesy.

There aint many women posting on these forums whose idea was the smiley faces?

Someone should take those smiley faces off of here.

I think that anyone who over uses smiley faces should first be warned..second smiley face on one post they get a harsh heart to heart from a moderator....after 3 they are banned from the sphere forever. They are making us look dorky.

(Just joking) :wink: :D

Just testing...how was that?

Hey guys this is going to come out of the blue and i am sure you guys will get a good kick out of this next time your having beers together.

But how about making me a moderator? I want to be in the big guys club. I cant stand having amberwolf having a one up on me. :D :D :D You guys need a different voice like mine to get everyone stirred up....to many enginneers on here and not enough adventurers.

I want to do my own section which you guys are missing called "Electric Adventures"....put it in place of the beer section.

I will post an indepth story atleast once a week. I promise i will get it fired up...if i dont you can just fire me. I am offering to be a writer and moderator for you for free.

Here is my deal...i think people are spending more time on the computer on the sphere then they are going out and riding....

I want to make a forum where people can document there actual rides and there greatest adventures....

Make me a moderator and i will bring that section to life.

ANd i promise i wont abuse moderator priveledges....i just want to walk around wearing that badge so people stop picking on me.

By the way i am highly qualified....i single handedly created some huge chess forums which became pretty big a lot because of my controversial writing....i mean huge like 25,000 reads per thread.

I want to wear moderator on me like some kind of badge...just give me the badge and i promise only to use it against spammers!! Finally i will get some respect around here.

Also note that i am organizing a hill climb ride and will continue to organize events as Endless Sphere events and put in a lot of my time.

Come on guys what do you say...put a rookie in the big guys club...

Oh oh and i want one of those big 10000 gigahurtz electric 3d thing like the big guys have on my name instead of the little battery i got now....I want to be part of that club...my posts are so long its not fair they get counted as just one...one of you big guys over volt my post count and let me join you guys for beers on a mountain top somewhere!

Please let me in.

But how about making me a moderator? I want to be in the big guys club. I cant stand having amberwolf having a one up on me. :D :D :D You guys need a different voice like mine to get everyone stirred up....to many enginneers on here and not enough adventurers.

I want to do my own section which you guys are missing called "Electric Adventures"....put it in place of the beer section.

I will post an indepth story atleast once a week. I promise i will get it fired up...if i dont you can just fire me. I am offering to be a writer and moderator for you for free.

Here is my deal...i think people are spending more time on the computer on the sphere then they are going out and riding....

I want to make a forum where people can document there actual rides and there greatest adventures....

Make me a moderator and i will bring that section to life.

ANd i promise i wont abuse moderator priveledges....i just want to walk around wearing that badge so people stop picking on me.

By the way i am highly qualified....i single handedly created some huge chess forums which became pretty big a lot because of my controversial writing....i mean huge like 25,000 reads per thread.

I want to wear moderator on me like some kind of badge...just give me the badge and i promise only to use it against spammers!! Finally i will get some respect around here.

Also note that i am organizing a hill climb ride and will continue to organize events as Endless Sphere events and put in a lot of my time.

Come on guys what do you say...put a rookie in the big guys club...
I hear they need moderators over at the V. You could rule the roost.

V is for Voltage still exists? :lol:

Hey, what's the origin story on the exodus of people from V/volt to ES?

Come on tyler...you were suppose to be my biggest ally. Without you i have no hope.

Make me a moderator and i wont delete anything but spam...

But actually i would classify that whole turn signal thread as spam so i might just delete that thread before it does anymore damage.

And there are a few users i would like to put the clamps on....

Oh no just kidding :) :) :) :) I will be a good moderator i swear! Give me the badge and pistol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back