Tucson Death Race 2011 roll call. Results on page 1

Paul Daniels, a Battery Guru at Brammo, recently won the EBRR with his homemade e-bike! The EBRR is a motorized bicycle racing event. Most of the bikes that raced were gas powered. There were some other battery powered bikes that raced, but most of them experienced technical difficulties or crashed.

The "Moped Class" electric machine that Paul created and raced used about 3500 watts of power (4 hp) The bike’s lightweight design seemed to be the key factor to Paul's first place prize. Rider skill is also a big part of this sport. Paul is that guy in the office who would pedal to work even if the four horsemen were galloping over the horizon.

Here’s the video of the race captured from the 3rd place finisher. The 2nd and 3rd place winners were running “high power” (10+ hp) gasoline engined mopeds:

http://www.brammo.com/blogs/general/brammos-own-paul-daniels-wins-ebrr/

[youtube]y1leG-fcDzg[/youtube]

[youtube]oY933B7y8sk[/youtube]

EBRR... :lol:

sk8norcal said:
Paul Daniels, a Battery Guru at Brammo
Wait a minute, did we know that Paul worked for Brammo ? I think he neglected to mention that :p
Thats pretty cool though, and with liveforphysics racing as well that makes 2 staff present from 2 of the big e-motorbike companies :)

I don't think their employers Knew they were are out chasing their own E-dreams on the race track till it was over.
I only met PaulD at the race & was impressed with his clean exicuted bike build...I wonder if he would have brought a brammo if he thought it could run in the race?

T.D. I chuckled when I read that also!
hehe "EBRR" is prolly a tradmarked name.....You can bet the litigations are already in motion! :roll: :lol:
prepair to be served.

Hmm, well, so much for keeping a low profile on the forums... A few of the guys that I work with knew what I was up to before the race, but it was a project that was completely separate from work (except for the cells that they let me salvage for my packs).
If we truly go no-rules for future races, I could probably slap some pedals on a stripped-down Enertia, but that would take the fun out of it! I was cool to meet LFP, and I didn't know who he worked for until we got talking at the race...
Oh, and our marketing director that posted that up doesn't know the whole history behind Safe and the "EBRR"...

:mrgreen: ...Luke...i just checked out the first page of this thread for updated news, and noticed this again hehe Post subject: Re: Tucson Death Race 2011 roll
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm
-->

liveforphysics said:
AussieJester said:
LoL... Luke, you know you will need a running e-bike right? :mrgreen:
Ohh crap! I bet Amberwolf will have a back-up bike that runs I can borrow. ;) ;) ;) :p

file.php

^^ Luke ready to ride Amberwolf's recumbent in Death Race due to smoking his own bike teehehe...

KiM

Omg... that's too funny. We predicted the future. :)

Back