2011 Weigh-In !

All this hobbling around has lost me about 5 lbs in the last couple weeks. If I wasn't laying around with my leg up fro the rest of the time, I'd probably lose more.

198 lbs and 6 feet tall. Goal, 180 lbs.

130lbs, 5'11"

I'm now 24 years old, I've been the same weight and height for the last 6 years. I don't exercise at all, I eat whatever I want, whenever I want it, and crap loads of it.

Basically, my body starts digesting before I've even started eating the damn food.

I just can't put on weight, and believe me I'm trying (I'm on a 3,500 cal/day diet right now).

I was once like that; about 10 years ago or a bit more it started to change, and nowadays I've got a 20lb frontpack and 5lb hip pads. :lol:

6'2 200lbs...fat and happy...no need to lose weight already married to my dream lady....speaking of which....

All i care about weight wise is my wife is 100lbs and in great "riding" shape...my secret weapon for winning ebike races this summer :) She is my jockey to win pikes with :) She won the road race hill climb in SF this weekend...she pedals like a crazy woman. When we arrived up top guys were literally sprawled out on the pavement exhausted after trying to catch her.

Awww im only 5'6 125, i wanna get to 135, but im starting to suspect i have tape worms... but not really, only maybe

now: 150lbs 16% b.f (I used a calliper to measure).

goal 2012: 165lbs 12% b.f

I am actually on this program right now...http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

Great site. There are programs to suit every kind of person and are all free. Forums there are cool too.

Now: 165

Goal: develop a drinking problem. It's the one thing I have control of. I can't control my weight, I'm 150 to 165 for 35 years (thanks Dad, for the genes) doesn't matter what I eat or don't, doesn't matter how I excercise or don't. Same when I ran 10 miles a week, same when I don't. :mrgreen:

(btw, I don't like food, probably explains a lot) :wink:

I was saying 185 for a long time, that was my goal when i was younger 6"1" 185 lbs ...but the last time i had to say my weight for a permit the guy started laghing and says it s been a long time since you weighed yourself lolll...

to say that i gained 35 pounds and i never noticed it myself is disturbing to me ...loll now i weigh 220 lbs ...sometimes i go down a little since i found that out but it dosent take a lot to gain it back.

yopappamon said:
Now: 165

Goal: develop a drinking problem. It's the one thing I have control of. I can't control my weight, I'm 150 to 165 for 35 years (thanks Dad, for the genes) doesn't matter what I eat or don't, doesn't matter how I excercise or don't. Same when I ran 10 miles a week, same when I don't. :mrgreen:

(btw, I don't like food, probably explains a lot) :wink:

That's an excellent goal lul

I'm hella fat compared to you guys lol i look like a Linebacker riding a little ass bike lol i'm 6' 3" 380 but im in the process of getting back down to atleast 265 as I'm not built really to be too much smaller than that i gained weight due to a back injury and a women that can cook lol .

I keep sticking around 160lbs now, but I'm not sure where it all is--my gut and butt must be getting skinnier from the budget-enforced diet I'm on, as my pants are nearly two inches too big now (and had been really tight at the beginning of the year).

That weight must be somewhere else, at least 10lbs have moved from the middle area. :?

My goal 160lb. Lost twenty pounds last year to get to 170lb last summer but put it back on over year end holidays. Height 5'9" now up to 190lb. Got to get serious about portion control and not snacking again... Just wait till you young guys turn 40ish and your metabalism slows. Good luck to all of us at reaching an maintaining our desired weight!

I am 110lbs at 5' - 9"

I´ve been this for years and im very fit. Whatever I eat it doesnt add on to my body. Max weight ever 124lbs. The good idea behind to run electric was to save my weight :D. I haul over 15,000lbs and push the same amount each day at work which is alot of energy.

Just wait till you young guys turn 40ish and your metabalism slows. Good luck to all of us at reaching an maintaining our desired weight!

40? I forgot wat that was like. At 40 things were a lot easier and a hell of a lot cheaper.

I lost 5 lbs in the last two weeks since the weather has been warm. yard work and my daily bike ride must be the answer.
62 years young. (it's all in my head), I can't do half the things I could do when I was 40!

Dan

One year later still at 225#, no goal for now. About seven years ago I had set a goal of 199#. To reward myself, I was going to have a big piece of cake. My lowest weight achieved was an even 200#, and I just could not quite lose that last stubborn pound. Never treated myself to the piece of cake. :(
Reminds me of when I used to run a golf course. I must have been playing almost every day. Got to the point where I could par the course in every way possible except I never managed to get a hole in one or shoot a sub-par round. Several times i witnessed other people get holes in one, and also witnessed the course record being set which included a hole in one, so it wasn't the course to blame. :roll: :roll:
For me golf, like weight loss, can get frustrating when I set goals. I should have been happy as a consistant scratch golfer and for losing any weight at all. Currently I'm stuck at 225# and can't play more than a couple of short holes of golf. :wink:

On May 17th, I weighed in for my physical at 158 lbs., clothes (not shoes) on. My goal though is to get down to 145-150 lb range which I expect to hit shortly. Received the Report from the Doc yesterday; he says I need to cut back on carbs, otherwise my health "looks good".

The ebike has also gone on a diet so to speak. On the Road in 2011, I found a weigh station that was active and with me on the bike + trailer the total was between 400 to 450 lbs. The base model still weighs about the same, though I've beefed many parts and made it more slippery with fairing bits. For the next road trip - which is inevitable, though haven't picked a date - I am going through the calculations where to trim weight.

Obvious candidates are clothes, tools, and charging.

For tools, the heaviest is the collection of wrenches - of which the 3/4 inch (~19mm) Combo for hub nuts is the king. I looked around trying to find Aluminum versions but all I see are metrics for the racing sport. Love to find a set made with 70XX series; as tough as steel.

The present charger uses 3 feet of 10-AWG from the unit to the batteries, and 8.5 feet of 14/3 from unit to wall. The unit draws about 1 kW. Dennis (dnmun) donated a small 10-foot extension cord to me when I got to Portland in 2011. I've gone through the calcs trying to see if I can lighten up a bit, though I think going to 16/3 for VAC is too lean, and on the DC side 12-AWG gets too warm. For the road - I really do need 15 to 25 feet to reach an outlet, and 25 feet of 14/3 weighs about 2.5 lbs.

It has crossed my mind to eliminate draggy weigh of Slime by migrating to DOT tires, but that seems to me a complete redo of the hub & rim to make the accommodation. I don't know the answer to that - but would appreciate advice if anyone has mounted a DOT tire onto wide bike rims.

On Hi-Fiber, KF

The simple answer to all weight problems is to avoid all things processed. There isn't a single obese person that wouldn't shed most if not all the excess body fat in a month or two if the put down the garbage and only ate unprocessed foods.

A sign of wealth used to be high body fat, poor people were skinny. Now it's the opposite. Today, in my opinion, the only reason for being obese is ignorance or worse. Put down the candy bars and ice cream and eat fruits, vegetables, quinoa, oatmeal, a little nuts and seeds and maybe some fish each day. This has pretty bunch been all I've eaten for the past year or so, within a month of starting to eat like this, I shed all my excess body fat effortlessly.

Anyone who is crying their tears into a bucket of fried chicken and a tub of ice cream over their body weight holds the key to their freedom in their hands. Here are the beautiful parts of this, it takes little effort to do this, it will save you money (ever priced bulk oatmeal?), and it's good for you, you will have good health for longer. This isn't a magic trick or a scam, I am not trying to sell you anything or profit from these ideas in any way.

Oh man, I almost forgot to mention this, this is the most important part, I love you Kingfish.

Back