E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Yippy my bomber arrived two days ago in the US. Hats off to Darren at stealth USA for great communication and awsome customer support, thanks Darren.
The bomber arrived via freight in a large wooden crate. If you remove the top of the crate the bike lifts right out. All I had to do was put on the handlebars, crank arms, and front wheel. Next I clipped the small black wire under the cycle analyst and raise the speed limit to 50mph via cycle analyst and holy shit batman, fun fun fun fun.
I was told all US models are coming with the high speed wind. I can verify this at 51.8 mph and honestly it has enough torque to lift the front wheel with just a slight pull on the handle bars. Ive put sixty miles on it in two days. Yesterdays ride was 29 miles with a mix of full throttle and partial throttle half on road and half hilly off road the bike consumed 16AH.
My ass hurts, I'm going to go ride more now, bye.

Remember: Life aint no dress rehersal, we only come this way once, so live it up!!!!!!

duncanjerry said:
Yippy my bomber arrived two days ago in the US. Hats off to Darren at stealth USA for great communication and awsome customer support, thanks Darren.
The bomber arrived via freight in a large wooden crate. If you remove the top of the crate the bike lifts right out. All I had to do was put on the handlebars, crank arms, and front wheel. Next I clipped the small black wire under the cycle analyst and raise the speed limit to 50mph via cycle analyst and holy shit batman, fun fun fun fun.
I was told all US models are coming with the high speed wind. I can verify this at 51.8 mph and honestly it has enough torque to lift the front wheel with just a slight pull on the handle bars. Ive put sixty miles on it in two days. Yesterdays ride was 29 miles with a mix of full throttle and partial throttle half on road and half hilly off road the bike consumed 16AH.
My ass hurts, I'm going to go ride more now, bye.

Remember: Life aint no dress rehersal, we only come this way once, so live it up!!!!!!

My Bomber is a week old and I agree it rocks but the fastest I have had it is 47 and that was more than ok till I trust in the tires :)

Join the Stealth group and post some pictures.

See the kick stand I found and bike lift.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/stealth-electric-bikes

duncanjerry said:
The bomber arrived via freight in a large wooden crate. If you remove the top of the crate the bike lifts right out
You're stronger than me if you can lift one up and out of a crate! :lol:
Good to hear you're enjoying the new beast. I hope you're wearing all the right protective gear, sustaining 50mph is pushing your luck on bicycle tyres

full-throttle said:
A cold wet day in Melbourne, I decided to revisit video editing. Armed with some more reading and VirtualDub I finally managed to upload it.

I had an awesome blast on the new tracks (so yeah, it's on a slow side) tried to edit out scenes with the direct sun.

Enjoy

EDIT: changed link to a HD version

Is that at Studley Park?

From this posting...
Dlogic said:
My cycle analyst only shows about 0.9 Kw of used energy when the battery cuts out. I was told the missing 0.6 Kw are lost as heat. I find that rather strange, but that´s the way it is. The good thing is that the 80 Km/h top speed is really achieavable. But maybe the high speed motor is not as efficent as the high torque version. :D
Thanks for your contributions here.
What is the final word on your battery and how that problem got resolved?

To others...
Are you seing the full use of your 1500 Wh on your Cycle Analyst?

Similar problem for Paul G described here:
Google groups > Stealth Electric Bikes > Missing Watt Hours
with repeated symptoms on a replacement battery he got yesterday.
Any advice for Paul?

Jerome Daoust said:
From this posting...
Dlogic said:
My cycle analyst only shows about 0.9 Kw of used energy when the battery cuts out. I was told the missing 0.6 Kw are lost as heat. I find that rather strange, but that´s the way it is. The good thing is that the 80 Km/h top speed is really achieavable. But maybe the high speed motor is not as efficent as the high torque version. :D

To others...

Any advice for Paul?

I'm seeing the full 1500 Wh and more than 40 mile range.

remf said:
Jerome Daoust said:
From this posting...
Dlogic said:

To others...

Any advice for Paul?

I'm seeing the full 1500 Wh and more than 40 mile range.

The problem is fixed and both battery's now show 1.5 KW/H used up when run to dry.

Range depends on speed, I can get from 30 to 70 miles per charge on street tires. The 30 miles was insane riding to drain the battery as fast as possible for the tests. (running in the fast lane on a 4 lane road at 47 MPH :) The 70 miles range is when I ride with friends on road bikes where we average 15-20 MPH and I set the Max Amps at 7 so I wont outclass them by two much.

Thanks for all the help on that problem.

Paul G

Gromith said:
Streetsetup ;)
file.php

What Make/Model of tyre are those Gromith? They look Phat for a slick!

I've got my Bomber with an "experimental" remote to switch between some modes. A remote is nice to have or but useless while driving in heavy terrains. My solution are this buttons on the handlebar:

mods.jpg

very nice, how did you rig the 1000w mode? In australia the legal limit is 200w so I have been looking into getting some sort of restriction system so I can flick it into "legal mode". Did you buy a kit or make one? Would be interested to know how its done.

I imagine it would be great fun whizzing around those mountains you have over there...

There's a custom circuit board with a remote control and engine start button, I believe. The power limits are programmed at the factory dep on the region. The bike powers up in legal mode.

I'm guessing Gromith hardwired the remote control decoder, right?

Gromith said:
I've got my Bomber with an "experimental" remote to switch between some modes. A remote is nice to have or but useless while driving in heavy terrains. My solution are this buttons on the handlebar:

View attachment 1

Nice mods Gromith and welcome to the discussion. Would be interested to see how you achieve the 1000W 30kph limit. Are you limiting via the CA or intercepting the throttle signal direct? I have found it difficult to get a nice smooth throttle response when limiting via the CA as it always seems to overshoot no matter how I set the gains.

I have a similar mod but I use a potentiometer that intercepts the throttle signal and limits the V-out from the throttle signal. I find this gives a smother throttle response then via the CA as there is no feed back loop to deal with. Minimum setting on the pot gives about 200W input on flat ground so basically the AUST legal limit. This is a very basic mod but is surprisingly effective. The only down side I have is the throttle is a bit dead for the first half of its rotation when set at low power levels.

bandaro said:
very nice, how did you rig the 1000w mode? In australia the legal limit is 200w so I have been looking into getting some sort of restriction system so I can flick it into "legal mode". Did you buy a kit or make one? Would be interested to know how its done.

The street legal mode in Switzerland is set to 250W. I have to set the Aux Thresh setting in CA to 0.0V for 1000W but make shure your MaxAmps is set to 65A.

full-throttle said:
I'm guessing Gromith hardwired the remote control decoder, right?

Thats correct. My remote does not work anymore and i needed a quick and easy solution to ride without the remote. The buttons are from here: http://shop.motofreakz.de/Anbau-Umbau/LenkerschalterTaster/Lenkertaster-Typ-Revolver::11638.html

Kepler said:
Nice mods Gromith and welcome to the discussion. Would be interested to see how you achieve the 1000W 30kph limit. Are you limiting via the CA or intercepting the throttle signal direct? I have found it difficult to get a nice smooth throttle response when limiting via the CA as it always seems to overshoot no matter how I set the gains.

Yes the speedlimit via the CA is useless. I do not know how John has implemented this feature but it works much smother than the speedlimit via the CA. The power output decreases with the maximum speed. (from about 25kmp) The CA speedlimit cuts only the trottle very jerky. :?

Kepler said:
I have a similar mod but I use a potentiometer that intercepts the throttle signal and limits the V-out from the throttle signal. I find this gives a smother throttle response then via the CA as there is no feed back loop to deal with. Minimum setting on the pot gives about 200W input on flat ground so basically the AUST legal limit. This is a very basic mod but is surprisingly effective. The only down side I have is the throttle is a bit dead for the first half of its rotation when set at low power levels.

So a pot between the servo tester and an rc esc would have the same effect? or will it need to be from the hall throttle? I always forget what ones varies the voltage... wiring in a pot and putting it down/up will give me 0-100% throttle right? thats a brilliant idea.. It would be best to find the smallest voltage range pot that will fit the voltages right? allow more flexibility in variation?

If this works kepler, you are a genius.

Nice switches Gromith! A bit pricey but in keeping with all the other expensive gear on the bomber I guess.

Kepler said:
I have a similar mod but I use a potentiometer that intercepts the throttle signal and limits the V-out from the throttle signal. I find this gives a smother throttle response then via the CA as there is no feed back loop to deal with. Minimum setting on the pot gives about 200W input on flat ground so basically the AUST legal limit
I've done some similar playing but haven't been able to manage anything but lower the speed. With the speed mode set to 30% and pot mods it still launches off the line pulling 2000w odd and then quickly drops. Is yours the same or have you found a better work around ?

Back