Willow Springs Race June 18th Roll Call

bump:

anyone attending needs to pre-register if possible. read the above post & check the links.

BiMo is workin his Butt off to make this happen.

BiMoPed said:
Only 10 days to go......

And I just had a visit today from a very special motor manufacture for this event. :)
Hopefully they have something on-the-shelf that will work for my needs, and they think they do.

A reasonable man's motor.

It only weighs 1800grams, that's under 4lbs for the complete motor with everything.

Nothing to fear in a motor that weighs less than 4lbs. ;)

Now I'm ordering CroMoly tubing and parts to weld together the frame.

In reading over at the motorized bike forum, BiMo has posted an explanation which I'll attempt to summarize:

There's a Big motorcycle race on our Sat the 18th race day as well. Now that's really cool but it affects us this way; There's a $10 spectating fee for Moto/other race events which gets you a colored wrist band, unless you are on the prepaid list to race 'motored bikes' ($25). Next you'll be directed to sign in office, then the Kart track area. There you will be greeted by a worker to collect $29 to race, unless prepaid/preregistered:) That's the same $25 plus $4 to pay the guy to collect your insurance/race fee.
WSR.jpg

You may have more freedom to puroose all the race areas by having both the Spectator and MB racer wrist banks, but there's great viewing from the NorthWest motored bike bleacher, so why pay the extra $10 to get in? Because Willow Springs is comparatively a large raceway, we have an onsite restuarant, beer guzzling hole (for some), multi-track riding priviledges (the Grand Prix track after 5pm lap), free camping or pay RV spots, ect. . Unless you really aren't sure you're racing, prepaying/registering makes sense :)

9 more days to race time, can't wait to trade stories, bike build ideas, get in some track riding and racing with the motored biking crowd:!:

Liveforphysics, #10, paid.

Excited for the event. :)

Yes, Paul Somero is also building a bike with me this week for this event.

There are a couple other folks from my area who will be racing here that are not on the list.

BiMoPed said:
What was the deal with that amberwolf guy?
he shows up with a broken leg????
on a rolling disaster of a bike which he admits was uncontrollable.

then crashes hurting himself and luckily not taking anyone else out!

I will not tolerate any bullshit like that at Willow Springs.
If your bike is unsafe stay off the frocking track you moron!

I am not a nice guy like Dave LOL

I know he's putting on a race for everyone and thats great but the last line of his quote says it all really....

Go nail 'em fellow nerd ebikers!

Paul :D

Hehe Luke,

Just wouldn't have any fireworks without a week before the race build :shock:

See 'ya there

(looks as if you LFP and Thud have adopted a new philosphy, Zen controller survival, and the power will be there. Thanks for all you do to pioneer new e-bike concepts.)

Rosamond Wind Report:
6/8 Wed; 25mph
6/9 Thur; 24mph
6/10 Fri; 18mph w/27mph gusts
6/11 Sat; 23mph w/33mph gusts
6/12 Sun;
6/13 Mon;
6/14 Tues;

Bring something to tack down tents & easy ups, ect. . .

SoSauty said:
Hehe Luke,

Just wouldn't have any fireworks without a week before the race build :shock:

See 'ya there

I made a thread for the last-week build here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=28921

It's not going to be an over-power monster, only 10hp (as I agreed not to exceed), but I'm going to put a lot of effort into designing the frame to handle well, and have a big brake on it to avoid the fade issues that troubled me before. Also, with only 10hp, this motor isn't even going to get warm, and the controller won't get warm, and the battery won't feel any load on it compared to what it's used to taking, so everything should go very smoothly, and I should be able to focus on the racing rather than trying to eek out every last ounce of power and keep the bike from burning up.

Assuming no internal mods, that's a 196cc 4-stroke with a CVT tranny! It would be fairly easy to get that up to >10hp, and with the CVT tranny, our electric's aren't going to have a torque advantage off corners.

This bike could be extremely fast, and have extremely good torque coming off corners.

I love it! The faster the gas bikes the better! :) :) :)

Bring 'em on!

gtadmin said:
BiMoPed said:
I think this hot rod 4 stroke HF 6.5 hp custom bike is going to clean your clocks...

37011d1307626186-custom-frame-thumper-motor-p6080158.jpg

37012d1307626231-custom-frame-thumper-motor-p6080160.jpg
That's quite a nice looking design

That will suffer severe brake fade a lap or two in
if the rider intends pushing it, which he/she/it will
have to do to keep up with etard and Luke... :p

Agreed though, it is a very very nice looking bike, the best looking 4 stroke motored bicycle i have seen to date....

KiM

AussieJester said:
That will suffer severe brake fade a lap or two in
if the rider intends pushing it, which he/she/it will
have to do to keep up with etard and Luke... :p
To be sure, it looks like they're too small ... but who needs brakes if it goes around corners fast enough? :wink: I wonder where the triple trees are from?

You need brakes once you are going that fast. That was my primary problem at the DR. Once I made my bike that fast, crap rim brakes would not get me into the corners at slow enough speed. Entering too fast constantly, I couldn't get into the zone at all, was hanging on by a thread in the corners and pretty quickly laid er down. The corners on these Kart tracks are for real riders. In the final heat, getting a flat tire really screwed my ride.

You gotta finish to win. 8)

Nevertheless, that's a nice looking bike that could win. A LOT depends on the rider now that these motorized bikes are up to speed. THAT, is what made Pauls win at the death race so impressive.

Shhhhhhhh KiM! Not supposed to tell them that bikes brake wont make it 2laps. That's why I didn't see it as a threat.

liveforphysics said:
Shhhhhhhh KiM! Not supposed to tell them that bikes brake wont make it 2laps. That's why I didn't see it as a threat.

SHiT! sorry Luke my bad HAHA...mate, if you make the event, which by the sounds of BiMoped your in danger
of not, you wont have any trouble shaming the stink bikes, thats what i feel, BiMoped is trying to prevent :: wink ::

BiMoPed said:
liveforphysics said:
The biggest threat to the eBikers is that only 5 have registered.
Less than 7 days to go. Next week I have very little time to devote
to the race as I have money making work to do and personal stuff to take care of.

What does it matter how many e-bikes show up? One minute you say they will be
racing with the stink bikes the next your chasing everyone up so there's numbers for an
e-bike heat? which one is it BiMoped? Stop getting all worked up over it, if they show
they show, throw them in with the stink bikes :-S

BiMoPed said:
liveforphysics, your snide remark about only putting a deposit down on
a Go Kart Track is not appreciated.
I will have about
200 hours into this race when it's all done. I asked you to call me and got no response.
Your lousy $25 for you and your 2 friends ain't worth the aggravation.
Would have cost you $45 at the Death Race. Won't be a problem to refund your $25.

As yours weren't about Amberwolf competing at the Death Race. I personally
was quite disgusted in what you had to say about AW a member
and now Moderator who has put more than 200 hours into this forum helping others, a member who often
doesn't have two pennys to rub together but still manages to put together
FUNCTIONAL e-bikes that he uses daily to get to and from work, he definitely
doesn't need to be taking crap from a prick like you, I know he wouldn't say
a thing he's too nice of a fella but i'm sure it hurt him a little reading
posts like that, nice form asshole :roll: 200 hours organizing an event, all
i can say is you have the worlds worst organization skills.
How does it take 200 hours to ring a Kart Track book a date to rent the track and
post two announcements in two different forums?

BiMoPed said:
I am seriously considering cancelling all the eBike heats, race and class due to
lack of interest, participation and support. Will leave more time for everyone
that isn't racing and just wants to cruise on the track.

Again...don't see why there needs to be separate heats, Death Race worked fine with
e-bikes mixed in...oh wait, they embarrassed the stink biker's, can't have that
happening at your event yup yup i get it now soz...

BiMoPed said:
I really got better ways to spend my time than chase you guys to support the
event/

Then don't, There was only a handful of members here interested in competing in the Death Race.
Racing e-bikes in case you haven't cottoned on yet isn't of interest to 99% of the people
here, obvious i would have thought by the number of individuals that have actually posted here
expressing interest, was the same in the Death Race thread, there was only ever a handful of people expressing interest and actually consistently posting in the thread.

nicobie said:
You're going to take your ball and bat and go home? :roll:

ROFL... the way he's hounding for money he might need the $$$ to actually pay for the track
rental seeing he has only put a deposit down, which i gather is non-refundable..ouch.

KiM

Wow!

A lot of stuff going down in the last few posts.
KIiM and you must have some history together I take it?

Bimoped- I really like that you're taking the effort to make an event, and I bet its going to be great.

I will make sure we have the radar equipment with my team when we come.

Also, I'm with KiM on the idea of just running the ebikes with the gas bikes. Recharge time isn't a big deal. I will be bringing a Gen and charger that can do <10min recharges, and is adjustable so any Ebike that needs it can use it.

ZOMGVTEK said:
I'm confused as to what the problem is here.
+1
Atleast let Luke race, he was being quite reasonable and you know it'll be a better race with the big fella in it :wink:

Paul :shock:

BiMoPed said:
nah you said it was no big deal to put on a race along with your buddy Aussie.
I am having Piston Bikes process you a $25 refund on Monday
or I can mail you a money order?

You go put on your own race on your own time and make your own rules.
Hope you didn't put too much effort into your bike yet.
You are welcome to come to Willow Springs and buy a $10 general admission ticket,
but I don't want you on the track.

Luke has spent large amounts of cash to buy the components for an e-bike
to race at this event and now you decide to turn around and ban him from
entering going to refund him all the money he's spent on the bike
along with his 25bucks? I read back through the thread, i can't see anything
Luke has said on this forum that deserves such treatment, other than building a bike that would
own your beloved stink bikes, something that would sting like acid, it's
common knowledge you don't like electrics why did you even bother making
a post here in the firstly place if you didn't want the ones that would embarrass
your stink bikes competing? hrmz?

BiMoPed said:
I talked to etard and he is a good guy so I am thinking
about putting the eBikes that have signed up in with the unlimited class.
Life is too short to deal with aholes like you and your Aussie buddy. Maybe you can plan
a race together.

Yes we are the bad guys in all this, you come here insult a well known and loved member
talk up your stink bikes then spit the dumby like a 10 year old bitch soon
as others bite back, yeah we are the 'aholes' Real fine form all round from
you what a disgrace though, i wouldn't expect anything less from a member
from motorbicyling, a forum rife with degenerate redneck insestual assholes

Rock up there anywayz Luke, BiMoped will shit his pants soon as
you walked through the gates and beg you to race.

KiM

Oh, GREAT!

Been spending stoopid $$$ and time working on my machine -between the times I actually need to be at work- to have the last bits in order for my new eRacer to be worthy by race day -- take 10 minutes to inhale dinner and log in to E-S to find how/whom to register with and send $$ ...and find THIS?!?

My initial feeling was that electrics were not really welcome, but thought I was just being paranoid :?
When will I ever learn? Optimism dulls intuition :evil:

..or is it just that the vast majority in SoCal are total wankers..

BiMoPed, don't get sucked into this pre-race agro, rise above it, organize a great race, and be the man.

If people have fairly paid, then they should be in at this stage.

This is a bit like 2 boxers at a pre-fight promo at the moment, all talk and not serious enough.

Wish I could be there and enter, but I'm on the wrong half of the globe unfortunately. Spewin' :(

Matt.

thewmatusmoloki said:
BiMoPed, don't get sucked into this pre-race agro, rise above it, organize a great race, and be the man.

If people have fairly paid, then they should be in at this stage.

This is a bit like 2 boxers at a pre-fight promo at the moment, all talk and not serious enough.

Wish I could be there and enter, but I'm on the wrong half of the globe unfortunately. Spewin' :(

Matt.

I just can't see what Luke has done to be banned from racing, seems exactly like pre fight garb but nothing to get upset about, just let it all out on the track

Yeah gotta have a go on a cart track, there is a good one in Cockburn but you eastern staters should have a crack at organizing, a lot more options there

Nothing to do with 'pre- race agro' on my behalf i can assure you fellas, i'm
just doing the Aussie thing and standing up for a mate. BiMoped thought attacking
Amberwolf was a good move, WRONG. AW has helped dozens of people on this
site, and now takes time to moderate the forum which having done this on 2 forums myself
can assure you its very time consuming and unrewarding....He has now
decided to ban Luke for no apparent reason other than his e-bike will be unbeatable
by the stink bikes... How would you like to have out layed two grand for parts to
build a race bike specifically to for this event only to be told you can have a refund a
week out from the race? Well thats EXACTLY what Luke has done. I just spoke with
Luke, he ain't to impressed i can assure, those that know Luke will also know he won't let this
one 'slide'

KiM

AussieJester said:
Nothing to do with 'pre- race agro' on my behalf i can assure you fellas, i'm
just doing the Aussie thing and standing up for a mate. BiMoped thought attacking
Amberwolf was a good move, WRONG. AW has helped dozens of people on this
site, and now takes time to moderate the forum which having done this on 2 forums myself
can assure you its very time consuming and unrewarding....He has now
decided to ban Luke for no apparent reason other than his e-bike will be unbeatable
by the stink bikes... How would you like to have out layed two grand for parts to
build a race bike specifically to for this event only to be told you can have a refund a
week out from the race? Well thats EXACTLY what Luke has done. I just spoke with
Luke, he ain't to impressed i can assure, those that know Luke will also know he won't let this
one 'slide'

KiM

Yeah Bimo did even say he is not a nice guy and is proving that, personally if I lived nearby I probably wouldn't go because of his attitude

Back