Everything I need is on the way, I should have everything I need to finish off my bike by the end of the week..
We decided to switch it up from 44.4V @ 20AH to 88.8v @ 10AH. This makes some minor changes in how the battery is set up, and we need more balance extensions and BM-6's to monitor the cells. I finished the pack harness, but don't have pictures of it just yet. This new config means we need new controllers, Lyen 12 FET's should be here in a few days. Got the 3 position switch, probably a 'kiddie' mode that limits speed to something like 25MPH, and only 2KW. Then the high power mode, 65A @ 120% throttle, should be close to 6KW with a fresh pack.
This is how im dealing with combing the 8 packs to make 4 Anderson's at 22.2V 10AH. The bike will have 4 Anderson's that connect to the pack, all in series, for 88.8V 10AH. The chargers will have 2 Anderson's each, charging 20AH @ 22.2V, 200W each. 400W total charging power, which I probably can handle for now. The bottom wire is continuous in the image, and is significantly longer than the top one. It was not tinned prior to wrapping with copper wire, crushing with pliers, and soldering in the later connections. Looks to be a very solid connection. I intentionally wicked as much solder into the finely stranded wire as possible, to solidify the connection, and help dissipate any possible heat generated into the length of the wire. I highly doubt the connection would ever get warm, let alone hot enough to melt the solder and rely on the copper wrap to hold things together. I'm actually anticipating the top wire has a bit more resistance at the junction to make up for the added 6" of wire the bottom lead has, to ensure even discharge. The balance wires are connected anyways to help balance cell voltages between the 2 packs. This will be covered with a hard heat shrink, and the entire 4 pack string will be covered with 5 mil shrink wrap, only 2 Anderson's and 2 6S balance extensions exposed.
I will take some pictures of the final harness as soon as I get more Anderson's in, right now one end has just bare wire. All of the 4MM HXT's are soldered. They're not that bad to deal with now that I did a dozen of them. This 200Âº silicone insulation on the Turnigy 10GA is great. It wont shrink back or melt as I pump solder into it.