You're sitting on your penis

Pics of some of the saddles mentioned:

slide_easyseat.jpg

slide_prohubx2.jpg

Touring%20top%20&%20angle.jpg

Podium%20top%20&%20profile%20blk.jpg

Totally agree!

I tend to perceive that my balls are punched alot when ebiking on hard rough pavement with putholes. :x

Curiously that was part of a discussion with my teamate during the lunch at my work today.

I agree.. the nose of the saddle is for what? :lol:

Doc

Ay.. just to further the TMI factor of this thread, i often find my prostate hurting when i pee right after i take a long ride. I know it is getting tortured by the seat.

I also wonder what the long nose of the seat is for.

Here's a couple more articles on the "problem":

http://www.livestrong.com/article/300786-bicycle-seats-as-a-cause-of-bladder-problems/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/310810-cycling-bladder-problems/

BTW, the "short nosed" woman's cruiser seat (that my wife uses) seems to be one of the more comfortable saddles that I've sat on lately.

As far as the snout of the standard slim bicycle saddle, I believe it may provides some side-to-side control. However, I think most riders could get along just fine with a snout-less/hollow-center saddle.

It also seems to me that many serious road cyclists (Lycraphiliacs? having a touch of Lycramania? suffering from Lycrosis?) stand on the pedals on a regular basis. For an Ebike commuter who sits the entire ride, I'd say theres no reason to use the conventional long-snout saddle.

I've found that when riding in a semi-recumbent posture, it takes a lot of the pressure off of my...penis root?...compared to the conventional leaning forward road-bike posture.

Theres an old guy at work who won't put on earphones when entering the loud pump-room. Inserting the company-provided foam earplugs is cumbersome and annoying, so I purchased some easy to slip-on/off earphones at my own cost. No matter how much hearing he has lost, he doesn't seem to care that he will lose more.

I just jumped on this deal: http://www.trisports.com/demo-ism-adamo-peak-mountain-bike-saddle.html
No affiliation with that site.

I've been really concerned about the pressure down there as I've been riding more and more. The seat nose has always been a weird thing to me and definitely never seemed ergonomic or useful in any way. I looked through a bunch of nose-less seats and the only one that looked like you could get around it for a good downhill tuck was the Adamo Peak. I'll post up results once I get to test it!

The snout helps you steer with your ass. Or in this case, the side of your thigh. Pedaling hard, you don't have that much weight there, but we pedal less, or not at all with our motors. I still pedal some, which I find greatly increases my comfort level.

I agree totally!
I started searching 3 yeras ago, I have the first two listed.
After a lot of looking I wound up with the Schwinn No Pressure seat. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...eld-keywords=Schwinn+No+Pressure+Bicycle+Seat
It's hard to get the right angle. Down in the front and you slide forward off the seat, if it's too high in the front it's cutting into your legs. Just right and it's comfortable.
Lots of seats I didn't like at all, I might try the other Schwinn seat soon.
Dan

45 years of horse riding make a plush seat on a FS bike feel like a cloud. The seat nose let me ride hands free, I would not want a noseless saddle.

Nose-less saddles means a loss of lateral control and hands free riding.

But what about a motorcycle saddle? Seems like you could use your legs and ass to steer it. Are they harmful? Would they work for us?

Maybe if you have a flat butt, or the seat is angled too high does the weiner start too hurt. I don't like cutouts, the stitching in the seams and overlapped material ruins the affect. Plus less foam area makes it compress more. Just doesn't work right.

I have one of these, they suck.... ( Ok.. no way to explain this but the brutal way... on a hot day with balls hanging, you get slap pain from a seat like this :lol: !! )

schwinn seat.jpg

noseless seats are ok on recumbents and such but on an upright bike it prevents your ass from sliding off the seat when you hit a bump if you are not standing on the pedals hard enough..

Finding the perfect seat is difficult, best one i've found so far is what i have on the BMX:

Yep look up bulbar urethral stricture to see what years of riding on poor bike seats results in! :|

heathyoung said:
Yep look up bulbar urethral stricture to see what years of riding on poor bike seats results in! :|

That "sounds" bad enough for me to look for another seat. I just rode my Giant today with the Specialized seat ( I stole the seat I had on the Giant for my Specialized ) It was brutal !! Time to buy another..

heathyoung said:

I'm google image searching that one right now! :shock: Just kidding.

"Hey this really stinks! Smell it!"

Note on the ISM Adamo Peak model - it looks like a great seat but the link you sent is just for buying a demo of the product, the retail price is around $150. I too am (now) in the market for one of these nose-less saddles but cannot seem to find a good one for a reasonable price :/

Back several years ago, when I first read about nerve damage from long term bike seat usage, I converted over to the seats with a cut out. Finding one that worked worth a damn, was a long and expensive ordeal. The ones I use now on both my bikes def work, but are still not perfect. I may look into some of these noseless sadles. The ones that look like a hybrid of both the cutout and the noseless seem like they are very promising.

You are correct, that link is for a demo. I figured it was worth it to try one out and if I like it, I'll buy it. $150 really isn't that much when you consider all the aspects of it. Quality stuff that's well designed and ergonomically correct is usually expensive.

My motorcycle seat for a saddle works fine. Note that I have a feet forward position to the cranks though. It's way too wide to be a normal upright crank position saddle without chaffing the thighs like mad. Another nice thing for long rides is that I can change position by sliding forward or back on the seat. Plus the long seat permits passengers.

I'm hedging my bets here that the previous posts were made by frock motor users! ya bunch of fairies with whimpy peeen'I' :mrgreen: :p when my saddle gets a lil hard on the butt i whip my shhhh-long between my legs, a little like Hyena does with his tuck-n-tape scenario when he's cross dressing, but without the duct tape holding my weapon of mass snatch destruction up instead, a couple of folds of man meat under my butt cheeks add that much needed extra inches of padding for on those bumpy trails ;-P :mrgreen:

KiM

I find paying close attention to the road ahead goes along way towards preventing busted balls with any sort of seat.
On my commute I know were every bump and ripple is in the road and when to lift my weight off the seat and let my "dual organic pivoting shock absorbers" do their job. Every now again I'll day dream or catch something unexpected riding elsewhere and get an unpleasant whack to my balls and spine.

Ypedal said:
on a hot day with balls hanging, you get slap pain from a seat like this :lol:
Firm undies are the key. Just like at the drop outs, loose nuts have no place on my ebike :lol:

AussieJester said:
a couple of folds of man meat under my butt cheeks add that much needed extra inches of padding
These guys were having a civilised discussion about bike seats and you go clogging the thread up with your homosexual desires... :roll:

:p :mrgreen:

Sorry, but the words recumbent and solution shouldn't be combined in the same sentence. :wink:

KiM!!! Your post made me bust out laughing and wake up my wife!

No frock motors here! It's really only when pedaling hard up hills that my junk gets worked with regular seats.

Seriously though, if you're leaning forward and up on the seat trying to get traction and just mashing away for a few miles, things start to hurt and get numb and tingly....in a bad way. I had some snowboarding boots that smashed one toe and I thought I was going to lose that thing a couple of times. It also distracted me and affected my performance on the hill. The bike seat thing is a similar situation. I had a hard ultralight carbon/ti saddle and it was really efficient but it hurt my bones so I got a cushier one instead. It's more comfortable for sure but I know for a fact that the padding in the wrong places is cutting blood flow to my legs....and other things. I'll post up a review on the freaky seat when it comes.

Back