72v 1500W 40A Hua Tong CA08 XM06AD_P04.1 controller

auraslip said:
Well... we spent awhile trying to get the LVC down so we could run them at lower voltages.
They're not infenion, and I can't find a pin out for the MCU anywhere. It'd be nice to know how to do all the fun stuff ya know?
Why would you want to run them at a lower voltage? if you want a lower voltage controller buy a lower voltage controller. I'll trade you a 48V controller for yours if you haven't screwed it up already.

Why would you want to run them at a lower voltage? if you want a lower voltage controller buy a lower voltage controller. I'll trade you a 48V controller for yours if you haven't screwed it up already.

I'd gladly. I haven't done anything to it but chop off some of the connectors. I could solder on 4mm bullets and give you the opposites if you'd like.

What controller is yours?

I've got a basic 48V 30A controller that came with a 48V 500W motor kit. I've modified the shunt to about 42A max. What connectors did you cut off? Here's a picture before the shunt mod of the one I have.
http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/controller1.JPG

AFAIK it has no special features. Just a basic 48V controller with ebrake cutoff.

From the ebay/ yesocoma kit? Darn... I was hoping for an infenion that I could add CA connectors and programming capabilities.

Still might be interested. Give me a few days to take a look at the other controller.

I have the same controller but i cant get mine to even work is there any way u can tell wut goes to wut plz

(moderator edit: Moved your other post from unrelated thread to it's own:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29970
also warning user not to PM-spam other users multiple times with the same message. If you need help, find a thread that describes the same problem and try those solutions first, if any are there, then post in that thread what you *have* tried and what happened or didnt' happen. If no existing thread matches your problem and hardware, start your own thread about it with as much detail as you can give.

DON'T PM MEMBERS MULTIPLE TIMES WITHIN TWO MINUTES ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM. :evil: )

Artman - this isn't youtube. Keep it in the post, and help us help you with more information.

What blink codes are going off? There should be X number of blinks followed by a short pause and then it repeats.
What battery pack are you using?

I just ordered one of these....came back from seeing Harry Potter 3D and this cost less that the movie did lol....

I still will probably order a Lyen at some point....

Wes, you said you found some bits of info around on the web? whatcha got?

For anyone with the subject controller; I think this thread explains exactly how I got mine to work on a GM motor. With the exception of the phase and sensor wires, it should be the same for any motor. It appears it uses the same phase and hall wiring as Lyens controllers, as I used the one in this list for the GM Magic Pie for the GM motor and it worked. I'd start with the one listed here for your motor brand. If it doesn't work, there's only 64 combinations.:) I used a small jewelers screwdriver to extract the pins from the hall sensor connector (controller side) in case you're wondering how to get the pins out without cuting them off.
http://www24.brinkster.com/lyen/product/controller/Color_Linings.htm
If you want an ignition switch, then wire the small red wire thru the switch back to battery +.

Please don't PM me with questions. Ask here, so everyone can see the answers. If you need more help, pm me your phone number, and I will call if you're in the US, Canada, or PR, where I can call for free.

Here's where I got mine.
http://www.dhgate.com/72v-1500w-brushless-speed-controller-for/p-ff808081283845f5012848d41bf455fb.html

wesnewell said:
Here's where I got mine.
http://www.dhgate.com/72v-1500w-brushless-speed-controller-for/p-ff808081283845f5012848d41bf455fb.html

Thanks for the link Wes! :mrgreen:

I've got a question about changing the phase angle on these controllers. I posted on the other thread discussing the LVC http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26306 and thought I'd put my question here too for good coverage.

Wesnewell wrote this on the first page of this thread about his controller, the same one that I have: "It's just wired a little different and doesn't have the phase change wires (H in your picture) coming out. And I can't tell which pads they are going to on your board. I know they are both yellow wires and I suspect one is going to ground and the other to M3 on the board by looking at your picture of the board, but would like to confirm it."

My controller also lacks the switch between 60 and 120 degree phase angle (two yellow wires) and is a stock 120 degree unit. My motors work at 60 degrees. Does anyone know where on the board I could solder a wire to make this change?

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know for sure but if you look at all the pictures of the insides found here and elsewhere, I think you can narrow it down. IIRC, from the pictures there are only 4 yellow wires to the controller and 2 of them are obvious, the large yellow phase and the smaller yellow sense which is in line with the blue and green sense wires. By process of elimination...... Good luck.

Hey wesnewell, could you repost that link with the color linings for the lyen controllers? Link seems to not work.

I too bought one of these controllers, and it seems like they're a good controller if you don't need all the customizing and regen capabilities. I believe the kit I bought that is coming is also GM, so I should be switching the same stuff that you had to.

http://www24.brinkster.com/lyen/product/controller/Color_Linings_1.htm
Or you can get to it from here.
http://www24.brinkster.com/lyen/product/controller/

Thanks wes.

Something I'm not understanding though is how its a 72v 1500w 40a controller. 72v x 40a = 2880w and 1500w/72v=~21a

What's the ratings on the controller stand for? They just don't seem to add up

I suspect they are the same as motor ratings. Continuous use ratings. Meaning it should run forever at 1500W or less. I use 100V (charged) pack, so can draw up to ~4000W max out of it. In reality, I'll probably never draw more than 1000W for any period of time.

wow. You bought that price for USD37, ? Does it include shipping. I have ordered my hua tong, for 48v, I saw the cap is 63v in the controller. 18fets. The white wire is the e brake. To activative the braking and stop controller output power , the white wire has to connector with the RED power supply.. eg 48v or 72v, or 60v. i used that one, just incase i need to off power. i bought my is USD65 with shipping EMS. 4days i got it., it is also Hua tong factory made, 48v 2000watts controller. the other controller hua tong 60v run abit tooo fast for me. I think i don't dare to run this controller not becos im scare. The Traffic POlice is watching OVER speed ebike in every corner. so, i have to stay 48v 2000watts by no choice. the 60v 1800watts controller i got the speed is 63.4km/h , tested in my speedometer. 60v / 1800watts it should be 30amps only, but sticker put 45amps ?? if this is a 45amps controller it should be 2700watts out put !! I think the amps number will be accurate.

my throttle has a button switch. So i just switch ON... = white wire and the red power supply, my controller will be in stand by mode.

Yes, the rating is abit confusing. I have tested the peak watts, for 48v 2000watts. Tested peak is 2045watts. so this will really out put 42amps. what is more important is the test results, myself as rider on the road. the pick up is fast from 0km/h to 40km/h, if is the 60v is abit too scary fast,,, easily can get 50km/h in few seconds. my hub motor is from CHM

the extra wires like oRange, alarm wiring, red and black connectors, yellow wires, all those wires. I open up the controller and cut them away. Not in used. so i make my controller look tidy. I think i bought this controller is abit too expensive. I should have look into DHgate.com

cheers
kentlim

Yes, the $37.62 included shipping. I haven't wired up the ebrakes, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't need the full pack voltage to function, just a positive voltage. I've been meaning to take a meter to some of the other leads out of the controller and even open it up to see what else is in there that isn't enabled, but I haven't done it yet. All I really wanted was cruise control and I got that working. Been thinking about buying another one to test with and use for a spare. This one has 100V caps and with a 100V charge it has lots of power even hauling my 270lbs.

Watching this thread with interest......my Hua Tong has arrived now. Still waiting on batteries and a few other bits and bobs before I hook it up. Even though I ordered from the same place as Wes, I think I got a slightly different setup - I got the 60/120 wires for example... Also, I got a sheet of information about the connections etc. but all in chinese.....

Please post all your chinese words here. anything i have missed out,, White wire + the positive red Power supply = is a power cut. can show all of us and see ?
thank you
kentlim

You can read chinese? great....I will scan the page at a friends house tomorrow and post the image here........if you can translate it that would be much appreciated.....

I just ordered another one for $34.xx shipped. Some instructions would be nice to see if there's something I missed.

I have been following this post and its associated posts with real interest also. I have a controller on the way and should be here this week.

I noticed at the moment on DH gate its US$33.00 delivered! Many things seem to be cheaper on a Tuesday!

Next on the shopping list will be lipo......

Back