72v 1500W 40A Hua Tong CA08 XM06AD_P04.1 controller

for conhismotor,48v 1000watts.

for hua tong, if the chm Motor phase wire come out from sporket gearing site, the phase wire will be .
i think Golden motor wiring is different. (that is where the different between golden motor and chm, is here)

<controller to motor>
green = green. (stay same)
yellow = Blue
BLue to yellow

halls sensor wires remain same. g = g, b = b, y = y.

kentlim.

DSX said:
I have been following this post and its associated posts with real interest also. I have a controller on the way and should be here this week.

I noticed at the moment on DH gate its US$33.00 delivered! Many things seem to be cheaper on a Tuesday!

Next on the shopping list will be lipo......

Yeah, I just picked one up for $33 shiped. Nice! I'll tear it down, take some pictures and mod it. It would be nice if we can figure a way to reprogram it...

Glad to see so many people are on the generic wagon Haha maybe more support will come out of this controller from so many people looking at it. Im gonna open it up myself to check it out and tidy up the unnecessary wires when it arrives.

kentlim26 said:
for conhismotor,48v 1000watts.

for hua tong, if the chm Motor phase wire come out from sporket gearing site, the phase wire will be .
i think Golden motor wiring is different. (that is where the different between golden motor and chm, is here)

<controller to motor>
green = green. (stay same)
yellow = Blue
BLue to yellow

halls sensor wires remain same. g = g, b = b, y = y.

kentlim.
This doesn't work with my HBS48V1000W motor. It works as I posted earlier.

Cruise control is already enabled. It is set/unset by momentarily shorting cruise wire to ground. Tapping throttle will also unset it. And I assume ebrake will also although I haven't wired mine yet.

Here is how my controller came wired from DHGate...

Here is the instruction sheet I got.
kentlim36....If you can't read it, click on the images to go to Picasa and see the full version.

That's the same as I got, minus the docs. I cut off all the ring terminals. used an XT60 for a power connector and also connected the small red ignition wire with the large red power wire. If I want to add an ignition later, I can just splice a switch into the ignition wire. Put bullet connectors on the phase wires. Cut the small red connector off and wired those wires (red/black) to my voltmeter to monitor battery voltage. Wired ground through a push button switch to the cruise lead. and then hooked up the phse and sensor wires as described earlier. Hooked up throttle as described earlier. I may hook up the ebrake later. I'd also advise a spark arrestor resistor for the battery cable. 100V gives a lot bigger spark than 48V.

to prevent the spark from coming out, it is easily to take away from it. adding a two way switch. A and B... The A will go to a resistor of 10 or 5watts, of 100ohm. Switch this one on first so the current abit will flow into the controller, and switch just seconds later,, There are no sparks. as for me, there are 2 red wires, to the power supply. I connect them together and solder them and connect them to the battery power supply. its seem all the controller really needs a two way switch.. A and B.. simple.

the two yellow if is short each other, = it is a 60degree. Open them will be a 120degree.

kentlim

Attachments

• IMG_8071.jpg
    IMG_8071.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 3,168
i made two copy, so i think is easier to see. no confuse about it. Really easy.. the 2nd photo is important about output wires red and black. cut off for safety reason., the two wires can goes to the volts meter so when you run, them you can see the volts is dropping by how far down.

anything miss out. The alarm i didn't high light.

kentlim

Wes, I thought you didn't get the yellow phase wires? (maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else)

I was clear on everything except the orange and the other red connector.

So the orange wire is cruise control and it just need a momentary switch to ground...

And what about the other red plug?

The other thing I was wondering was if there was anything on the sheet about the controller *other than* connector info. Like for exaple - Wes has figured out how the cruise control works, but is there any other little tricks documented on the sheet?

Hi
the red plug connector is output power, but it is not safe. it has to be cut the red plug away.. either you can add longer to the volt meter or tape them Up. both wires must be separated out, for safety. so that is why i took it out. the orange is a curise wire + ground = cruise function. however i also took the orange wire away !! infact i shouldn't. so i only discover from you, the orange wire + ground = cruise.. it is bit late.. ha ha. but okay.

kentlim

kentlim26 said:
Hi
the red plug connector is output power, but it is not safe.
kentlim

no not that one, the *other* red plug.

the one with black and red wires is obviously B+ and B- but what about the one with blue grey and yellow wires?

And is there any other factoids of useful info on the sheet apart from wiring instructions?

sorry, that one is use for alarm function. i suggest not to use it. becasue you got to on your power supply all the time to run the alarm function mode. i have cut and took out the wires completely out of the controller box. i cannot see anything special or extra from the paper.

kentlim

You're right, I didn't have the phase wires on mine.

Don't know what the other red connector is for but it has ground, +5V and +bat voltage on it. One of the voltages to ebrake lead should work for ebrakes. I'll trace all this out when I get the other controller I ordered in a few weeks.

i just came back from a Ride,
my hua tong 48v 2000watts controller runs 1.16amps for 4.86km, and i come back i used 1.12amps for 4.52km. total watts used 61.8wh + 55.4wh = 117wh, and per km is 12.71wh ~ 12.25wh . not bad. i got my troque is increased alot. total amps used is only 2.28 for a distance 9.38km. i have a believe, this controller will certainly last a long long time.

cheers,
kentlim

My controller came today.. made on 7/22/11 so its fresh and new. Will be cutting away the alarm function wires. I'd like to use the previously mentioned red and black wires for a voltmeter, but the voltmeters need to run off 5v DC power, which I have no clue where I'd get such power from. Once I get in my motor, I'll see if it runs in 60 or 120 phase then I'll know if I can just snip away the phase degree wires.

There's been a lot of clutter on this thread about which wire does what so I'll take jonathanm's picture and make a better diagram including all the uses of each wire.
xp4j6c.jpg

Notes
Cruise Control: Wire a momentary switch to it, and lead it to ground. When pressed, cruise control is enabled.
Voltmeter: This is simply wires that tell you how much battery voltage you have, so you can lead these to a voltmeter if you want, or snip them away, but make sure its neat since it carries all x amount of voltage that you have in the pack. You can use the alarm wires instead if your voltmeter requires 5v DC. Another use of the voltmeter wires is a DC-DC converter so you can run your aux lights/fans.
Alarm: One wire has 5v, another has your battery + voltage, and the third is ground. Use it for a voltmeter if you'd like, such as this
Hall and Sense: Depending on your motor, you may need to use the guide previously posted to figure out which wires you'll need to switch around.
Throttle: Same thing with throttle, sometimes they'll need switching around but try it first to see if it works without modding.
60/120 wires: Auto its 60, if your motor runs weird, try 120 by connecting the two wires together. If you don't need them connected, simply snip them away.
Ignition: This can either be wired to a switch, that goes to your power supply +, or you can connect it directly to power supply + if you wish to have no switch for ignition.

That connector you want to cut off has 5V on one of the leads and battery voltage on another.. Does that give you any ideas?

Wes, which wire has 5v coming out of it? I know the throttle does, wow can't believe I didn't think of that. Guess I can buy a voltmeter now and hook it up. Which color wires on the "alarm" wires in my picture have the battery + and 5v coming out? And is the third wire ground?

Also, is cruise to ground enabling cruise control or actually setting it? I read like 6 seconds on the same throttle setting gets cruise control, but then what's the momentary grounding of the cruise control actually do?

IIRC, the yellow was ground, gray was 5V and the other was battery voltage. But check for yourself. You do have a vom don't you.
Cruise to ground sets cruise. It's enable all the time. The 6 second thing is for another controller.

Awesome, I'll check into and verify all these things once my motor gets here and I can test all these functions. I'd hope I have a voltmeter being in this hobby lol

The blue/white wire from the alarm goes to VDD - the same pad as the "ignition" wire

The yellow/white wire goes to S+

The grey wire goes to A3

That's battery voltage. I think my blue wire had a yellow stripe. Since you have yours open can you verify where the others go.

Mine is also blue with a stripe. The solid blue one (theres a large for the phase and a small for the hall sensor) isn't part of the alarm harness.

Back