Large Cells ?

Charles

1 µW
New to this forum and a question about purchasing large modules or cells . I was interested in finding high quality Saft ,Yausa type cells but seem not available to the public . The GS Yausa rep. said it would give the company a sore eye if any amateur hurt himself with that type of battery . regards Charles

That's a common response, when you can get one at all.

Basically if you want large-format LiFePO4 cells, you'd have to go to places that sell Thundersky, CALB, SkyEnergy, etc., or back-door places for stuff like A123; all of them in China AFAIK (or at least, sourced thru there).

If you're after large-format NiMH, you're gonna have to find them used, either from service centers or junkyards, etc., most likely.

Did come across this company, Belive they make the pouch cells being sold by bmsbattery for us ebikers & a lot of other stuff not stocked by bms as not applicable to ebikes, too heavy duty. I have some of these pouch cells on order to make a 9.5 Ah ebike batt, so am the guianea pig here. Have a look round the site. (bms - introduced smaller cheaper 8 Ah cell just after I placed order. Pity none of these people seem to offer sea rather than air shipping as this really ramps up the price

http://www.evpst.com/productshow.asp?id=99

Belive Chevron Texaco own the patent of A123 cells, bought either to give them a future once all oil is gone, &/or so they can control the applicaton of these cells into ev's - thus keeping us dependant on ever more expensive oil for as long as poss. This is why you can only buy A123's in silly little sizes & end up putting them in parallel groups

Pete1961 said:
Did come across this company, Belive they make the pouch cells being sold by bmsbattery for us ebikers & a lot of other stuff not stocked by bms as not applicable to ebikes, too heavy duty. I have some of these pouch cells on order to make a 9.5 Ah ebike batt, so am the guianea pig here. Have a look round the site. (bms - introduced smaller cheaper 8 Ah cell just after I placed order. Pity none of these people seem to offer sea rather than air shipping as this really ramps up the price

http://www.evpst.com/productshow.asp?id=99

Belive Chevron Texaco own the patent of A123 cells, bought either to give them a future once all oil is gone, &/or so they can control the applicaton of these cells into ev's - thus keeping us dependant on ever more expensive oil for as long as poss. This is why you can only buy A123's in silly little sizes & end up putting them in parallel groups

I have some samples of a cell that looks physically identical to that picture, and it's one of the all-time worst cells I've ever evaluated.

Back