E.S. Quotable Quotes !

Ypedal said:
you wanna start a new thread for this stuff instead. ?... not ES quotes.. :lol:

What a great idea...

Ypedal i am jacking your thread one last time to introduce the ES classic video thread :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Has anyone else done one yet? I am jumping on it.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31891

Amberwolf >>...when you make a tie rod out of two old eyehooks that used to hold up a swing-bench-seat on a porch, plus a bit of tubing from the handle of an old weedeater, and a couple of nuts and washers, and some rollerskate bearings, you can't have perfection forever.

He never ceases to amaze me! American ingenuity at it's finest! This is the guy the front line troops would have given their right arm for in the motor pool during WWII.

famouse 1st words...

Scob89 said:
I know this is my first post, but I just came up with a idea a couple days ago on making a FAST and long range E Bike.

how many times have we heard this? :p
here's to the dreamers & doer's!

texaspyro explaining to us how to depuff a LiPo cell:

... prick the pouch (which has some squeeze on it) with a needle through the RTV. DONT hit the magic stuff in the pouch. It gets VERY angry when you do and tries to kill you.

oldie but goodie:
methods said:
I just bought 4 more of the 6S 5000mah 20C packs
They are only $60 !!!!!!!!!!! WTF?

I did it completely on the whim... One minute I was downloading wedding songs and the next minute I was entering my PayPal info on Hobby City :oops:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=472796#p472796

liveforphysics said:
Ebikes are just fun for some reason, even without intensity or that wave of life/death adrenaline you get from absurdly powerful things. It's really nice, because guys like you and me can get some jollies without needing to constantly be knocking on the grim reapers front door, setting a bag of flaming poo on it, and running away before he answers.

quote-REdiculous.I was expecting the forks to fail because I know they're made of suck. :lol:

Liveforphysics over in this thread:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=486311#p486311

liveforphysics said:
Lock said:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/17/idUS129554523420110617
...New York City councilman Dan Garodnick wants to "pull the plug" on e-bikes because such bicycles create "creates a dangerous situation for a lot of pedestrians, kids, elderly people, anybody who's walking down the street and doesn't realize what looks like a bicycle actually has a motor."

OMG!!! I didn't even notice it has a motor!!! Ahhhhh!!!!! I'm in danger!!!! Help me!!! That bike has a motor!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

auraslip, "Oh, and if you put the battery on a rear rack, I will KILL YOU."

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34676&view=unread#p504695

Ypedal said:
Philistine " I have had people say to me "I don't think I want to retire, I won't know what to do with my time", and I want to punch them in the face. "

:lol:

true..

+100. :roll:

Beachcruzer said:
Nice work Gestalt. Damn, that must have felt good.

In general, I don't hold cops in high regard. But I do have to share a happy tale about one of Delano, California's finest. Delano is a sh_thole little town in the Central Valley. No offense to anybody who lives or grew up (like me) in such a place. It's just a sh_thole, that's all. Anyway, my mom was driving through Delano last summer after a tough couple of weeks. She had her Trek touring bike on the rear rack, and I was helping her by remote control with directions and places to stay. Like I said, she'd had a tough couple of weeks. Also, my mom is cheap. Hates to spend money. So I plugged "Delano" and "Roach Hotel" into the Google and called her with directions to the nicest-looking hotel in her price range.

She checks in, goes to sleep. In the morning I get a call. "My bike was stolen last night." She sounds anguished. Totally deflated.

First of all, I feel awful, 'cause I told her where to go. Next, I'm thinking, why in the hell did you leave your bike outside a cheap hotel in a sh_thole town in the central valley? But I don't say anything, 'cause, like I said, she'd had a hard couple of weeks. So I tell her maybe she should file a police report.

"No I just want to get out of this place."

Okay, I say, but don't get on the highway without getting breakfast first. I do some stuff with the Google, and find a cool sounding restaurant, Perko's cafe. I tell her to go there and eat. I mean, she was in bad shape before and now some lowlife had stolen her bike. She really loved that bike. It almost killed her to buy it, because as I mentioned she's a cheapskate.

She goes to Perko's and I call the cops in Delano, tell them what's up. I figure, a little crapbox town like that can't have more than two or three bike thieves, and the cops probably know who they are. The dispatcher says my mom can make a statement.

I say, "Great, she's at Perko's. You know where that is?"

"Oh, yeah," she says. "The officer will meet her there."

So now I figure I've done all I can, so I go out surfing. I'm sitting in the lineup thinking about how bad my mom must feel right now, and I decide what the hell. I'm gonna buy her a new Trek. $1,400 bucks I don't have but she's my mom for Chrissakes, and she loved that bike and can't afford a new one.

I get out of the water, and my mom calls right then. "I got my bike back!" she says.

A Delano police officer, bless his heart, went up to Perko's, took my mom's statement and had a cuppa joe, then went and pulled the security tape from the the lot next to the hotel. The thief was on the tape, and the cop knew who he was. Delano only has two or three bike thieves. The cop went straight to the lowlife and got the bike back.

So, the moral of the story is that yeah, most cops don't give two sh_ts about you and your stolen bike. But there's at least one cop in Delano California who helped an old lady out when she was down. And that makes me feel pretty good about people out in Delano paying their taxes. And if your bike gets jacked, what the hell. Report it. Because we can't all count on getting the chance to steal our bike back at a burger joint a year after it was stolen.

More choice stuff in the thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34843

JustinLE, in his motor video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwlbAJLzI_w
I've amassed an enormous amount of experience, most of it unwanted, some of it enlightening

:lol:

Ypedal said:
Philistine " Android lets you get down with the brown, hell, Android will let you call it by its sister's name, god bless Android.... "

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You beat me to it! :lol: Here's the full quote:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35070#p510891

Philistine said:
So the moral of the story is that if you have a jailbreak'd iPhone you shouldn't expect Apple to support it?

I think the moral of the story is that you shouldn't have to jail break your phone to be able to run third party software on your device, and that OS upgrades shouldn't actively go out of their way to identify whether software has been signed. Don't get me wrong, I too get sick of people complaining about Apple's fascistic, anally retentive, closed shop mentality on software control, it is like a guy marrying Miss Christian Universe 2012 and then complaining with shock at what a frigid bitch she is, and how she doesn't like a finger up her arse when they root....

Android lets you get down with the brown, hell, Android will let you call it by its sister's name, god bless Android....
Enjoying the irreverence, KF 8)

ViBiker - "On the bright side ... most of our (USA) oil money is now going to Canada & Mexico ...
How is that good?
Soon, the poorest people will be sneaking across the borders into Canada and Mexico.
Getting higher paying jobs, and sending money back to their starving families in the US.
Getting some of our money back!"

Back