Peak watts today was 1400, but that's more than I had planed. The controller is pulling 40 amps and I had ordered a 30 amp controller. 40 amps is fun, and it will climb a wall, but that's not going to give me much range with my 10ah battery unless I can stay out of the throttle.
I had it up to 27 on flat level ground no pedal assist and I wasn't in top gear yet. I had planned for no faster than 30mph, so it looks like I got that pretty close.
It was a very warm day today and the motor got quite warm, but never so hot that I couldn't hold my hand on it. The controller got warm too, but not very.
As far as noise, the planetary makes the most noise I think. It's pretty loud, but not uncomfortably so.
There is an intermittent squealing sound that I'm not sure if it is coming from the planetary or a bearing. After it had been doing it for a little while I took the motor off the planetary. I have read there is an issue with the planetary rubbing the motor.
I had put a spacer, but I was concerned the spacer had not been thick enough and the squealing sound was the planetary rubbing the motor. After opening it up, it didn't look like it had been rubbing.
I decided to put some more grease in the planetary in case I hadn't put enough in the first attempt. Back out for a ride, the squeal was still there, but after riding for a little while longer it seemed to go away, so hopefully that was the issue.
Overall, I am extremely happy with the way it rides. I could use a larger front chainring to keep up with the jackshaft RPMs, but that is somewhat typical for builds like this I think.
I took it over one of the overpasses that I regularly cross. Unassisted, the TidalForce bike will do it at 14mph. Today I did it on the Bike E unassisted at 20mph.