Death Race Oct. 29

Fr31

100 mW
Death Race Saturday October 29, 2011 start time 5pm

Musselman Honda circuit 11800 S. Harrison Rd. Tucson,AZ 85747 (520) 245-5278

Crraaapp... i won't have my bike ready then.... :(

Next year..

When it rains it pours! You bois are being spoilt with race events lol..

Good luck with it Dave

KiM

What???? I thought the death race already happened this year. Dammnnn. If I would have heard of this earlier, I could just have stayed out on the West coast for an extra 4 days. I've already booked a flight on the 25th though.

Death race is held twice a year in April and October, been doing it for 8 years now. 3 Years on the track and before that we raced outlaw on city streets.

April is the official motored bike world champion ships....clearing the calander for the next attemp LOL!

I won't make this one Dave.
Good luck & I hope you have a good turn out.
T

So there is one in April. I didn't know the exact month, but I had thought it was sometime earlier in the year. So the one in April is considered the BIG ONE?

I just checked my flight and I can't change, cancel, or transfer it. I'm committed to leaving Cali on the 25th. :evil: That sucks. I also gotta check the AMA 2012 race schedule to see if I have a race during the April event weekend. But if not, I definitely want to try to make this race. Are both the death races in AZ? Usually the AMA April race is in Sonoma, CA, so it would be relatively easy to make an AZ race as long as it isn't the same weekend.

edit: hmm, I just had a thought.....My bike is still going to be in cali, I should see if maybe one of my racer friends want to race it for me in the death race.......

Thud said:
April is the official motored bike world champion ships....clearing the calander for the next attemp LOL!

I won't make this one Dave.
Good luck & I hope you have a good turn out.
T
There is going to be another Socal Motor Bicycle Race in April or May too at
the same location Grange Race track.

The first Socal Motor Bicycle race was last June 18th at Willow Springs Raceway.

Got to check the weather report history before i can pick a date. June is too hot
and I was thinking about putting on a mid year race under lights in the middle of
the summer as well making it 3 events in the year.

Any input on the date?

I Had already made an attempt to not have these races run during the same months but it fell on deaf ears I guess. I had specifically asked the organizer of the race in Cali to not hold a race in Oct because of the Undead Race in Oct. Now I hear a competing schedule race will be in April too? As a racer, I don't want it this way for all of the obvious reasons.

I wonders if 'Motorbicycleracing' being banned from the motorcycling.com forum
Plays a part in when he schedules races, bit of 'payback' (in his mind anyways)
For the forum that gave him the boot? ...just curious..

KiM

AussieJester said:

KiM
Motorbicycleracing is not banned :D

MotorBicycleRacing said:
AussieJester said:

KiM

Well, I believe you are, whatever the name was, point being
What other reason would you have for running in the same time frame?
Please do tell...

KiM

AussieJester said:
MotorBicycleRacing said:
AussieJester said:

KiM

Well, I believe you are, whatever the name was,
KiM
Your belief is incorrect.......
http://motorbicycling.com/members/motorbicycleracing/

So your saying you were never banned from that site? Under any name...Bimoped? oops... I mean Motorbicycleracing...

And you still haven't answered the question, why are you planning on running the events at the same time? People wishing to attend require the dates a long time in advance, are you planning on letting everyone know or you waiting for a few Weeks before the event...

.I shall check when on PC regarding the name that I saw banned too, i'm sure it was you, i'm guessing a name change..I have the link to thread you made on the other forum bookmarked on my PC.

KiM

AussieJester said:
So your saying you were never banned from that site? Under any name...Bimoped? oops... I mean Motorbicycleracing...

KiM
I had Paul the site owner change my name from BiMoPed to MotorBicycleRacing.
It is no secret and no conspiracy :D
Just about everyone but you knows who I am :) including the 9 ebike guys that
showed up at the Willow Springs race in June.

I didn't like the Bi name and the main reason for being on the forum is promoting
motorized bicycle racing in Southern California hence the name change.

When I get some time I would be happy to explain how the SoCal race dates are
being picked.

It mainly comes down to the weather, daylight hours and being able to space out
three races in a year with enough time in between them.
Also avoid holidays and other undesirable dates.
When you consider all the above there really isn't a lot of room to move the 3 dates.

Dave was at the Willow Springs race in June and told me that there wasn't going to be a
Death race this October.
I announced the Oct 22nd race right after Willow Springs as Sept 24th but after looking
at the weather reports for the last 10 years moved it to Oct 22nd because the average
temp goes down 10' from over 90' to about 80'

http://www.grangeracetrack.com/calendar.htm

If you look at the Grange Race Track calendar there are no races in September and
October is booked solid for every weekend except for the last one.
Why? because it's too hot in September!
On November 6th daylight savings kicks in and it gets dark at 5 pm which is really
miserable as the days are really short and winter weather is starting.
There are no permanent lights at the track.

Never going to do a race in November or December.
Never going to do a race in August or September as it's way too hot.

That leaves October as the only choice.
I am paying attention to the weather this month and the race may be moved
by a week or two in October 2012.

I can give you the same reasoning for a race date in late March or April but
am still not 100% decided on the exact date.

The 3rd race will probably split the time between April? and Oct and will deal
with the heat by being a night race under lights.

Anything else you want to know?

Evoforce said:
I Had already made an attempt to not have these races run during the same months but it fell on deaf ears I guess. I had specifically asked the organizer of the race in Cali to not hold a race in Oct because of the Undead Race in Oct. Now I hear a competing schedule race will be in April too? As a racer, I don't want it this way for all of the obvious reasons.
Hi Evo
I assure you that I have not turned a deaf ear to anyone.
The SoCal race dates have been chosen for the reasons in the post above.

If you can come up with a better schedule I would like to talk to you about it.

More than likely, racers from Arizona and maybe even those east of us, will ween off and do just one race in the same month and stick to the one closest to home. As well, I expect those in Cali will do the same respectively and stick to the race closest to them, if held within the same month as the Tucson race. There are so many more reasons why the Cali race schedule should figure a workaround to the well established Death Races. Money, time, equipment failure with specialty parts, etc... If we were all sponsored and our jobs were racing and we had 10 race bikes setting ready to roll maybe races could be a week apart as is happening this October. There is more to consider than just weather. Anyway, we have to wear full gear and clothing so a little cooler weather might be nice.

MotorBicycleRacing said:
I had Paul the site owner change my name from BiMoPed to MotorBicycleRacing.
It is no secret and no conspiracy :D

Well actually yes, i did know, i needed confirmation as this is not motorbicycling.com this is Endless Sphere and
IIRC Amberwolf, it is against forum rules to have multiple accounts...

KiM

Hey Dave31,

Sounds great. See you there, ToyRacer II should be ready as I am.

Will #55

This race is just a couple days away. Some of us e-bikers better show up for Dave. They have been really nice to us and made sure we have been well accommodated in the past. This race in October is equal to the race in April. I am scrambling to make a couple of changes to my bike since last weekends race in Cali. I hope to retain my e-bike 1st Place title from last Oct. I had also taken 4th overall and hope to improve upon that. Come-ooonnnn, get off the computer, get off the couch, get off the TV, and get yourself out to this racetrack...We are counting on you to help promote fun, e-bike included, events!

Back