Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate the enthusiasm.
Top Speed on my way to work today....50mph!!!!! I'm gonna start wearing my MX kit for riding this thing.
The battery boxes are made from some tough plastic air con ducting i found at the local DIY shop, I wrapped the batteries in about an inch of foam and they are a nice snug fit. I could fit another two packs in there, but for safety i'll stick with the foam for now.
Dennyt - Good thinkiing about the battery boxes rubbing - I did a a fair bit of testing during the build to make sure the battery boxes cleared the front wheel. It involved dropping off the biggest stuff i could find with the boxes gaffa taped in place and then chopping them back to avoid any rub. I've not had any issues so far. Next tweak is to fit a proper hinged door to the top of the box - ATM its just got some foam taped in there - not great if it rains.
The Crystalyte analyst is pretty decent. Gives you speed, trip, watts, amps etc; also lets you program the volts, amps and cut off of the controller, so really usefull bit of kit. £100 isnt bad considering the cost of a cycle analyst. I must admit that the whole crystalyte motor, controller and analyst system seems quite robust, the controller runs cool and the motor doesnt seem to heat up too much, only slightly gash bit is the throttle, which is basically on or off.
Im toying with moving the controller as its catching lots of crap from the front wheel and the switch isnt environmentally sealed, or maybe i'll just fit a decent mudguard.
More piccies and range update soon.