A few more piccies i've taken so far.
So far she is holding up reasonably well, a few niggles needed sorting, nothing horrendous though.
The on / off switch on the controller is really cheap and nasty, add to that the fact that i've put it in probably the worst place for catching crap and it didn't take long to pack up. Now replaced with a nice IP67 jobbie. I've added some ALI plate over the controller as well to protect it from stones and such.
The anderson connectors are proving to be a bit crap - getting harder and harder to connect / disconnect. I want a nice big connector with all the balance leads and everything in so its super easy to charge.....not having much luck finding a connector with 24 pins for balancing + 8 pins in 10 gauge for the power. Maybe i need to sort myself out with a decent bulk charger.
The battery boxes are bolted to a formed aluminium top hat section i poached from the skip at work - aerospace grade 2024....nice. Had to replace the original zip ties with some mac daddy size ones as routing them through the rather sharp holes in the tinwork isnt great, but so far i've hammered it as hard as i can and its been fine. Added some kevlar frame protection so i dont rub the paint as well.
Overtook a mate in his car on the way to work the other day - the look of his face was priceless. Funny thing is im pedaling more and more as well though. Partly to keep the range up which is about 25 pedaling, 15 if i ride it like a motorbike, but also as i kinda enjoy the workout of hacking 32KG of iron around....must be mad.
Top speed so far 54. Down a big hill mind, and the Sat nav said it was actually 51.
Bring the Hoon!