72v 1500W 40A Hua Tong CA08 XM06AD_P04.1 controller

there are few new function i saw is the speed limited, E-ABS brake.. regen braking (selected), Backward , and cruise. As for the Backward function is good, is good for e - kart. . i will really like to know what is the Green and black, the new plug. i think it could be E- ABS. my ebike boss ever told me, E-ABS is very effective for braking for high speed.i could be wrong, pls correct me.

Again, to preface what i'm about to say, when dealing with the chinese, stickers mean nothing.
But based of off the lvc which is set for a 48v sla pack @ 10V per battery, the stickers i see, and the types of controllers this company makes its more likely that its a 75V fet controller.

I hope, just as much as the rest of you, that this is a 18 mosfet 100V capable controller.

stewrobb, you've been in communication with the seller right?
is it confirmed that the caps and fets are rated at 100V?

Good point you make, I have contacted the manufacturer regarding the ratings of the FET's, hopefully I'll hear back soon. It would be really upsetting if I had to replace em. I'll let you know.

kentlim26 said:
i will really like to know what is the Green and black, the new plug. i think it could be E- ABS. my ebike boss ever told me, E-ABS is very effective for braking for high speed.

please let it be the return of true regen :shock:
I'm still puzzled about the 3 wire red connector. Other than throttle (hall effect sense, 5V, GND) does anything else use 3 pins? Maybe for a PAS?

stewrobb said:
Good point you make, I have contacted the manufacturer regarding the ratings of the FET's, hopefully I'll hear back soon. It would be really upsetting if I had to replace em. I'll let you know.

We'll here is to hoping for the 100V fets and caps :D

Hey guys, we really need to create different threads for these different models of controllers. So unless you have the one in the subject line please create a new thread with the board model number in the subject line and move your post to it and delete it from this thread.

cohberg said:
I'm still puzzled about the 3 wire red connector. Other than throttle (hall effect sense, 5V, GND) does anything else use 3 pins? Maybe for a PAS?

We'll here is to hoping for the 100V fets and caps :D

Pedal assist, 3 speed switches, and some ebrake switches use 3 wire connectors. As far as voltage limits, just open up the controller and check yourself.

John in CR said:
Pedal assist, 3 speed switches, and some ebrake switches use 3 wire connectors.

3 speed switch sounds right and usually is red

John in CR said:
As far as voltage limits, just open up the controller and check yourself.

stewrobb is still waiting on it to ship so that's why we are doing all this guessing.

bobale said:
bike ... at 50A

Finally got my wattmeter and installed it. So bobale, it wasn't 50A its actually 48.8A peak (not bad for a free multimeter + pen and paper calulations :wink: ). The peak temperature of the fet was 98F so i think i'm going to increase it to 60A and try knee dragging this weekend. :mrgreen:

cohberg said:
Finally got my wattmeter and installed it. So bobale, it wasn't 50A its actually 48.8A peak
Close enough :D. Cerainly you should give it a shot at 60 amps, just take a close look at temperatures, so you don't smoke it.

Looks like the 72V 18 FETs greentime controller is 100V capable. Does anyone know what is the difference between eABS and regen ? Also, what do they mean by the "Super low noise when start up" function ?

PeeHell said:
Looks like the 72V 18 FETs greentime controller is 100V capable. Does anyone know what is the difference between eABS and regen ? Also, what do they mean by the "Super low noise when start up" function ?
Leo Lui is a knowledgeable sales person at greentime and if he can't answer your question immediately, he gets the answer from the engineering dept and forwards it. Fair English comprehension and quick to respond;
Leo Liu <chinagreentime@gmail.com>

Broken Controller = Picture time

What are YBS, B+/B- ans XS?

• IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

Is it just me or are there 4 different versions of the "same fet" on this board?

View attachment 7

IMG_1836.JPG

Wtf special character on the silkscreen?

IMG_1844.JPG

Shunt mod

IMG_1841.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1835.JPG
    IMG_1835.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 2,372
  • IMG_1838.JPG
    IMG_1838.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,238
PeeHell said:

What kind of fets are inside?

bobale said:
Close enough :D. Cerainly you should give it a shot at 60 amps, just take a close look at temperatures, so you don't smoke it.

JUst did another shunt mod. 60 is better for getting the front wheel up just by snapping the throttle, but i think that i'm saturating my poor HSB36V800W golden motor.
Also my 5000mAh pack is the temperature safeguard. lol at WOT i'm out in 3-4 min.

cohberg said:
60 is better for getting the front wheel up just by snapping the throttle
That's a hell lot of power :D. Did insane shunt mod to stock 9FET once, and it could lift the front wheel of the ground just by oppening the throttle. Damn, that was very exhilarating :D

eABS is function used to brake the hub motor, is very powerful in braking.. ABS braking is can be seen like cars doing braking , which is similar . All of these understanding came from a friend of my, who is ebike container importer. all of us will not know how the fets will be performing , so the test will have to carried out and run them., the result might be much better then review.

ken

Just got this controller working with my rewound Turnigy 80-100. It screams, at least under no load. More details at my build thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=29531&p=477507#p477507

[youtube]Tq_XNiS5vKc[/youtube]

mauimart said:
Just got this controller working

mauimart, please could you tell us what the green plug and extra red plug do? We were guessing 3 speed switch and regen/abs

I notice auraslip said he modded the LVC down on these hua tong controllers but i can't for the life of me find the details of how it was done ! was it this thread or another huatong thread as i have seen several threads recently on these controllers

jk1 said:
I notice auraslip said he modded the LVC down on these hua tong controllers but i can't for the life of me find the details of how it was done ! was it this thread or another huatong thread as i have seen several threads recently on these controllers

I put "hua tong auraslip" in the search box and this is what came up. Hua Tong is 2 words, like John Smith. I too find this search engine very lame and spend hours trying to find things.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26306&p=464973&hilit=hua+tong+auraslip#p464973

Changing the LVC in a 72v generic controller
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26306&hilit=changing+lvc#p376677

Okay, so I just received the Greentime controller, and I must say am very impressed (although it took like 40 days). The jittery behaviour I felt from starts and at certain throttle ranges with the hua tong are non existant with this controller, very deliberate. The current seems a lot higher, but I don't have a wattmeter to give an exact figure, they say 45 or 50A, depending where you look, I suspect it's closer to the 50 range.

What was extremely interesting to me is the connections used for regen braking, If you look at my earlier post, with my Hua Tong, I used X and got reverse current, albeit for a short moment until the phase wires were shorted out, which told me that it was capable of regen, although I couldn't figure it out. On this Greentime, the regen is activated by connecting DS and X. I am super busy with midterms and such, so I won't have the chance to try this out on my Hua Tong (x may have to be connected to something other than DS), but if any of you folks want regen(very redundant), my suggestion would be to try connecting x to something other than GND, I would bet money that this is the ticket. It is activated when a brake signal is present.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104673449835553898679/Dump?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Good luck, hopefully someone else will carry on the regen flame and finish the race for everyone still using a Hua Tong!

Thanks, I made a mistake with the connections, they have been fixed

I spoke to the seller, and he actually gave me a list of all the pads and what they do. Great guy. I have put them on my picasa as well. The seller clarified "K1 K2 dial gear", you connect them together to advance timing for a slight speed boost. This is seriously the best china controller I have ever used, It has all the function you see in the image, plus 3 speed, and cruise. Everything is as it should be, regen is powerful yet smooth (running on 72v SLA's). The MOSFETS are 4410's rated to 100v. The seller was absolutely wonderful, and answered all of my questions within minutes. Shipping took a long time, but it was because it was held up at customs, so I guess I got unlucky. For $50, it is 100% the best bang for you buck.

It's great that you like your greentime controller, but why is it in this thread? For this controller, X connected to ground IS rengen braking. Posting info on your conbtroller in this thread just confuses things. Please start you own thread to discuss your controller.

well because I have previous history with my other Hua Tong posts, didn't realize it had been split up. people were awaiting my response here. fair enough. So what I am wondering is are all Hua Tong's without regen after a certain date, or do some sellers on dhgate sell this one, and if so who? thanks,

Stew

Back