Aussie Role Call

Sico you should have no problems with a 15ah pack.
I do this ride with 10 to 12ah of my 15ah pack.

AussieJester said:
Tony (owner of Rat Fink) did the trip on 15ah pack, he did hit the LVC on our ride up her in the hills Sunday though, that was only 23km shows how much the hills zap the batteries compared to riding down where you flat land dwellers live
His pack cut out after 9ah as there is one bad cell in it atm.

Cool. 10 or 12 aH is fine, but that's as far as I like to go with my lipos (I bulk charge and can't really be bothered with balancing if I can get away with it).

Cheers,

Simon.

Apologies Matt, I did forget about that, meant no disrespect whatsoever, just attempting to show the difference flat and hill riding has on the e-bikes, Tonys
Bike, was made to cruise, frock and all, I think its its outstanding, but mention it in public I will deny it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sico, you will make it easy i'm sure...

KiM

P.s 1pm is looking like the time, wrtten in pencil unless we get Another 6 .people agreeing to another time...anyone? Anyone?

AussieJester said:
Apologies Matt, I did forget about that, meant no disrespect whatsoever, just attempting to show the difference flat and hill riding has on the e-bikes, Tonys
Bike, was made to cruise, frock and all, I think its its outstanding, but mention it in public I will deny it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sico, you will make it easy i'm sure...

I'll be taking a tow rope along, and a camera, so AJ cant deny being towed by a frock when his RC dies :twisted:
Should that, through some miracle not happen, you can get a tow if you run out a juce :mrgreen:
Sounds like a nice route, looking forward to it.
Richard

Haha....yeeees, in t the meantime though Richard, we can use that tow rope to tow you along so you can keep up, as it is I'll be religated to using only first gear if I pop it into second you won't see which way I went :mrgreen: :p remember our last ride Richard, I have upped the gear ratio since then :p first gear is now quicker than your top speed with the frock, time to up the voltage buddy, or, find a 16in rim to lace the lady frock motor into so it has some sort of speed to talk about :p (Crosses fingers my bike doesn't break down again, ill never hear the end of it if it does ROFL..)

KiM

AussieJester said:
or, find a 16in rim to lace the lady frock motor into so it has some sort of speed to talk about
Hey Kim, I guess you're not very "frock wise" sweetie!
Bigger wheel for more speed at the same voltage.

1000w said:
AussieJester said:
or, find a 16in rim to lace the lady frock motor into so it has some sort of speed to talk about
Hey Kim, I guess you're not very "frock wise" sweetie!
Bigger wheel for more speed.

erm...then why do all these high powered "lady bikes" setups use 20in wheels Matt? (e.g JohninCR, Steveo, YPEdal.etc etc) coz they spin around quicker on high voltage was my thinking, sheesh AND your a frock lover being schooled by a M.E.N.S member :: shakes head :: :p better hurry up and get that non frock setup going buddy, we still have room for you back in the M.E.N.S club, just lose the skirt and heels first won't ya :mrgreen: :p :lol: :: wink ::

KiM

Hi guys.

Another Aussie here. I am currently living in Toowoomba QLD. I have one ebike at the moment. A geared MAC rear hub in a Giant Talon, I have 3 x 14s 5Ah packs for my bike. It is running a 12 MOSFET Lyen controller which I am very happy with. A top speed of about 57km/h fresh off the charger. I haven't clocked too many km's on it just yet. At the moment I am waiting on some Telflon coated wire to replace my melted phase wires. I have upgraded the brakes to 203mm, I use a Falcon EV triangle bag and some torque plates which I got laser cut at a local business. No physical modifications to the bike, I could revert it back in about 10 mins if need be. Ill have to shoot some photos and post them.

I am also working on converting my little Haase go kart to electric. I am just waiting on the motor mount to be built and shipped. It will have a Mars 907 Brushless motor. I will probably just use my ebike batteries to start with. I have built a 24 MOSFET controller just to start also (might look to upgrade later on). I have tested the motor with the controller (and tested the controller with my MAC hub also.... hence the melted phase wires lol) Anyway I should have this going in mid November. I should be able to swap out the 2 stroke for electric and back in not too long either, they will have separate mounting plates.

I know of one other guy on E-S from Toowoomba, we will have to meet up one day. I know there are a few from Brisbane aswell.

Welcome jamo96,
Wonder how many ebikes could make it up the hill to Toowoomba?

Alex

haha, the Great Divide would be stern test. Not sure whether I'd be willing to risk melting my ebike into a puddle trying it just yet

Where are you from Alex?

Hello fellow Aussies. I'm from Thornlands just south of Brisbane. My e-bike is a dual suspension Huffy from the dump recycle market ($10) with a rear hub motor 48V and a 36V LiFePO and a 12V LiFePO pack on top. This setup came about from migrating from previous e-bikes of 36V system.

Welcoma jamo96 good to have you abord ;)

While i am posting i'll just give another shout out about the upcoming group ride this weekend
for anyone that hasn't seen it...

Group Ride Time 30th October 1PM Garrat Rd Bridge Carpark

The ride will be 32km, predominately flat ground and 99%
On the cities cycle way. Meeting point will be same as last ride days
I.e. carpark next to the Garrat rd bridge Bayswater? Behind the Bayswater Rowing Centre building
All electrics capable of making the distance please come along...Members needing any more
info or directions feel free to pm me or email me at aussiejester@hotmail.com

cyaz there...

KiM

Iam at Brighton on Brisbanes northern bayside

Todays the day for those wishing to attend
Well be starting ride 1.30pm sharp!

Looks to be about half a dozen people coming, bit disappointing
Fellas, shall catch those that are coming behind
the building in the carpark, Jehu, timma and myself
Will be riding down from Matt.Ps house between 1-1.30pm

Cyas there people..

KiM

Hi Kim! Looks like thanks to Qantas I will be able to make it. Kat's folks are stuck in Sydney till Thursday.

See you there!

jonescg said:
Hi Kim! Looks like thanks to Qantas I will be able to make it. Kat's folks are stuck in Sydney till Thursday.

See you there!

BooYaaaaaah Good ol Qantarse hehe... Look forward to catching up buddy...cya soonz..

Now...what about this DingoMaN hrmzzz...what feeble excuse do you have? you better be in hospital or visiting someone
that is dying in one! :p 1.30PM DingoDuDE...BE THERE!!! :p

KiM

AussieJester said:
Jehu, timma and myself Will be riding
Tell timma to get off his bike and into the workshop :p

He starts a new welding job Monday will have his skillz fine tuned
by ends of the week, i think he requires a new gas bottle and some gas
also Jay, shall remind him for you though, he will be at my place midday ;)

Your missing a good ride today mate, forecast 27C not a cloud in the sky
and we iz doing an extra 12km on top of what we did on the ride came on!
aaaaand yeeess..I Will get you some footage to be jealous of don't worry :p :mrgreen:

KiM

Sounds like a good ride, pity you're on the opposite side of the country! Ah well, I'll get back over there one day for another ride :)
It's overcast and looks set to rain later but I might sneak out for a quick low key ride myself. For rehab purposes, of course :p

Back from the group ride was excellent afternoon, got heaps of bumpy noisey footage
some upskirt shots for Jay :mrgreen: Sico chased some seagulls on Hyena's behalf also and Matt.P
"took one for the team" and had an AWSOME jumping stack!!! which i DID catch on video!! We stopped at the Golf Club again on
the way back for a beer and Jonescg (ChRIS) who missed the 1.30PM start time, was waiting there for us :mrgreen: :p
How did he jnow LoL...

Shall get Matts footage and combine it with my own and edit it
during the week some time...

Cheers all who made it, those who didn't missed out on a great afternoon...

KiM

Just got back from the Perth Aussie Group ride and had great time. My bike is on charge now for tomorrows travel.

I met with Kim (AJ), Matt (1000W), Paul (Timma), Tony (rider of the green 1000w creation) and Richard (Jehu) and later met Chris (jonescg) and his mate for a beer at the Maylands golf club.

We rode a loop through the city foreshore some awesome bike paths and saw plenty of wildlife on the way :shock: 8)

I didn't capture any photos on this occasion, so I'm looking forward to checking out the vids :)

Some highlights included a full throttle blat through south perth foreshore and AJs reckless and blatant pursuit of the ultimate frock shot. :eek: :lol:

Everyone's bikes were neat and tidy and performed flawlessly so e-bikes were the true winners! We drove safely past several police persons no questions asked :wink:

I didn't have to worry about my batts in the end, my final trip statistics were 36.4km travelled (I reckon 28km of group ride) using 10.5Ah (488Wh). My CA said 1 hour 34 minutes of travel at an average speed of 23.1kmh. I would be interested to hear other peoples stats too :!:

It was great to catch up with everyone and meet some new riders. Looking forward to the next one. :)

Simon

PS The seagulls were never in danger, in fact they seemed pretty much unimpressed by me :x :)

I was quite amazed at how many people were out bar-b-qinging and picnicking :shock: I have
never seen nearly so many people around the foreshore, ever... Was fun though thats for sure
always great getting out with others on the e-bikes, and of course having an Ale or two..or three :oops:

sico said:
Some highlights included a full throttle blat through south perth foreshore and AJs reckless
and blatant pursuit of the ultimate frock shot. :eek: :lol:

HAHA..i thought i was being "stealth" :shock: :p ... i did roll up behind the "wildlife" off the
power, i did it for Jay! only for Jay...:p :mrgreen:

I have your chase of the seagulls nicely filmed to Simon, i'm sure HiGHSiDE will be proud haha...

sico said:
I didn't have to worry about my batts in the end, my final trip statistics were 36.4km travelled
(I reckon 28km of group ride) using 10.5Ah (488Wh). My CA said 1 hour 34 minutes of travel at
an average speed of 23.1kmh. I would be interested to hear other peoples stats too :!:

Mine obviously is a little hiogher as i didn't pedal :lol: My CA readings are as follows...32km used 14.6ah
of the pack or....688.81Wh at 21.8Wh/Km Averaged 25km/hr with a top speed 66km/hr ride time 1hr 16min
53sec ... uhm...how much of the 1hr 16mins was at the Golf Club i wonder? I think i turned the CA off...?

The average speed is low as we rode the cycleway right in front of the city with hundreds of people
walking about as such it was walking pace speed for lengthy sections of the path, good to take in the "sights"...
god bless g-strings and shortie shorts...oh and the wiminez wearing them of course...

Look forward to catching ya'll for the next one... anyone have suggestions for a route feel free to chime in! ...

KiM

p.s FYi:- forgot to mention Matt.P (1000w) didn't hurt himself badly, few grazes and a lil scuffed pride tiz all
he shook it off like a champ and we carried on, his bike came "frock-tastically" well but he broke his mount on his camera
unfortunately. Thanks for the hospitality to Matt much appreciated, shall give you a buzz tomorrow morning
after i speak with my mate re: the bending of
the ali plate for you ;)...

Glad yous all had a ball, it must be near on a year since another river ride I went on where Lawrie and his recumbent had a mishap, has anyone heard from him, how he is etc. and his bent?

Mark, the topic of Laurie came up when we went past that same spot and wandered how he was. Hopefully he's back up and about and ok, the trench looks like a really nasty thing to run in to. :|

I reckon it was about 4km each way (maybe a bit more) from my house to the meeting spot and so 28-29km for the ride. KiM, your time sounds right, not including my trip from home (the CA only counts time when you are actually moving so the golf club shouldn't count regardless). Do you reckon you had about 3km to and from Matt's place?

My previous estimate of power usage was based on a WOT (where poss) run from Cloverdale to Floreat, 17km total, averaging 32kph, so the amp hours were lower purely on speed. Add to that the slower pace meant that my (usually asthetic only) pedalling was much more effective. I think the lower speed power requirement was the dominant factor though as my pedalling ain't too hot.

Glad to hear you got video of me chasing the birds, and hopefully the squawky little f*ckers will think twice before they land near any ebike paths in the future. :x :x :wink:
Cheers,

Simon

Back