Bought a new phone

I bought a new phone. I was deciding between the galaxy nexus and the galaxy note, and after making a little dummy model of the phone's dimensions to try out in my pocket, I finally rested my concerns about the size and bought the Note. I'm pretty excited for it to arrive in 2 days. :)

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note/index.html?type=find

What are you guys running for smart phones these days?

looks like a nice phone. I was never into mobile phone's until this year when I was offered a new iphone 4 at 1/2 rrp outright. I was a little sceptical at first if I would even use it as I was trying to boycott apple products. but I have to be honest and say I actually use it a lot .

Mind you i would prefer something like that galaxy note just to have something a little more flexible and usually better features for the price than a apple product.

Progress hey who would have guessed 10 years ago we could expect so much from our mobile phones.

Just need a hd micro led projector built in to save straining your eyes. Something that can project say 20 - 40" from 5 feet. Actually i think they already do have them but not in the phone?

Kurt

I've never had a cellphone and I'm going to try and go my whole life w/o getting one though at times I've thought about it :oops:

Until recently the HTC HD2 but i broke the LCD ;-( ... now stuck with my poxy backup phone a HTC WildFiRE
till i can score another HD2 cheap, freakin love the HD2's run Windows and Android on it...
... Looks about the same size as the Note too?... Big screen phones rock :wink: ... Funnily enough
i have made about dozen (mobile) calls on it in the 6 months i have had it HAHAA Use it 99% for interwebs...Mobiles
dont work where i live, i have it hooked up with the home WiFi so can use it on the web and as a VOiP phone.

Hope you enjoy the new phone Luke, what custom ROM will you use on it?

KiM

Damn that is sharp. I have a Bionic Droid and I absolutely LOVE the thing. Glad I got rid of my age old BB.

Go android die Apple.

Still got the DROID X but its a great phone!

My job is to build the electronics in a smartphone (we work on the IC's that go into 'm here).
I have no interest in smart phones in my private life :D got a new nintendo 3DS though :mrgreen:

Kim- This phone has a screen so big its silly. Almost comical.

liveforphysics said:

First world problems :lol:

The galaxy nexus is on my shopping list. I already have tablet so I relly dont want a crazy big display. Also the nexus will be pure android and fastest possible updates.

liveforphysics said:

Yeah its 5.3 the HD2 is 4.3 and that was really on the large side for a phone, hell i watched movies on the thing
some nights in bed :-| i found it difficult to carry on me, i kept it in my back pack most times i was out, but as i mentioned, rarely used it for its phone abilities so ease of access was mute point, if the phone hadn't worked it wouldn't have been much of a loss, i actually used it more than my PC when it was going, for surfing and emailing..... Actually a bit of a blessing in disguise it broke, i was laying in bed on the thing till 9-10am most mornings catching up on forum gossip rather than getting up and creating stuff to gossip about HAHA...hope you enjoy your new toy anywayz Luke
ma man ;)

KiM

Hi Luke,

I have a Galaxy IIS and I love my smart phone, nice smart phone i'm a bit jealous :lol: for the bigger screen of course and other goodies :wink:

Good day!
Black Arrow

When i first switched from my Krzr the biggest concern was the HUGE Size of these smartphones.. figured it would be a huge hassle to carry around, almost got the samsung with BATA, glad i sticked with my moto.. incredible what you can do while on the move....

sitting in a restaurant having a conversation, someone asks a question that nobody knows how to answer, flip the phone, fire up google and BAM. " that's what's in tartar sauce ! ! "

I have not had a home phone in 12 years.

Ypedal said:
sitting in a restaurant having a conversation, someone asks a question that nobody knows how to answer, flip the phone, fire up google and BAM. " that's what's in tartar sauce ! ! "

And if your like me :p you do this rather 'discretely' under the table
a lil, so its out of view of others, so it looks like your one clever mother fucker :mrgreen:

KiM

I dunno Luke, I kinda like the larger screen.

I just up---err downgraded. I had a BB curve, but it freaking just up and died on me one day. No not the battery, the phone had some weird software glitch, but anyways, I went with a non smart phone, a pantech lazer. I like how thin it is and it's still a fully functional slider. I really only need a phone for 3 things, talking, texting, and the occasional internet. The picture on their site doesn't do it justice to just how thin it really is. http://www.pantechusa.com/phones/laser

On a side note, I've had an iphone in the past, and hated not having actual keys to type on. So the fact that this phone has real keys in combo with a touch screen is a bonus.

I'm still rocking an EVO but this Note looks awesome. Just got a asus transformer 10" tablet. Amazing little computer.

Luke, I knew you were holding out for a great phone :)

I have the Samsung Droid Charge. <yawn> Last week the system finally upgraded to Version 2.6.35.7; no Ice Cream for me :x

I have not been terribly impressed with the technology; these are still toys afaic.

I hope your phone exceeds your expectations though :)
Happy for you, KF

grindz145 said:
I'm still rocking an EVO but this Note looks awesome. Just got a asus transformer 10" tablet. Amazing little computer.

We bought my oldest son one of those for his bday few months back.. he used his extra bday money to get the keyboard attachment..

Man that thing is pretty awesome.. I also know that our local cable co is about to offer TV programming on android without the cable box so that
is going to be another bonus. Yea i love the transformer nice piece of hw.

I'm a bit weird when it comes to gadgets. Although I am a confirmed geek and early adopter, I'm not a huge fan of multi function devices. If I want a phone, I want just a phone. I don't want something I can watch videos on or browse the Internet. I have a tablet to do all my media viewing and ebook reading. Phones should be getting smaller, not bigger!

I just want a small phone that does nothing but be a phone, and that's the size of a cigarette lighter to fit nicely in my pocket. I'd get a watch phone, but they look so dorky. I want a fricking Zoolander cell phone, dammit! :mrgreen:

ohzee said:
Go android die Apple.

Hater! :roll: :lol:

While android doesn't work for me personally, I can see it is a cool phone with a great screen for those who prefer that flavor. Luke congrats on your purchase, have fun with it!

-JD

I used a few of my friends iphone's on occasion, it does everything i need a phone to do, and everything a gadget does, i prefer my droid for one main reason, the marketplace is HUGE and most of it is free. other than that.. i'd make due with either one.

Am about to sell my laptop and get a tablet instead.

Back