Bought a new phone

Here is the galaxy note shipping from amazon prime for $636 shipping included...641 with next day air delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Unlocked-Android-Smartphone/dp/B0061YRDX6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1324352084&sr=1-1

I bought mine from amazon and converted my existing iphone unlimited data contract to the note. Amazingly the at@t store did the conversion for me and swapped out the data card for free.

Green Machine said:
Here is the galaxy note shipping from amazon prime for $636 shipping included...641 with next day air delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Unlocked-Android-Smartphone/dp/B0061YRDX6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1324352084&sr=1-1

I bought mine from amazon and converted my existing iphone unlimited data contract to the note. Amazingly the at@t store did the conversion for me and swapped out the data card for free.

Right on! That's a fantastic price on this amazing device.

Luke,

I have the Dell Streak. It's pretty similar to the note in terms of size. I love it. Yes, it's big and everyone makes fun of me and random people say "is that a PHONE?" but it's perfect and it fits right in my pocket.

My next phone is probably going to be the Note.

RVD said:
Luke,

I have the Dell Streak. It's pretty similar to the note in terms of size. I love it. Yes, it's big and everyone makes fun of me and random people say "is that a PHONE?" but it's perfect and it fits right in my pocket.

My next phone is probably going to be the Note.

Right on, I had often considered the streak when it released.

I couldn't be happier with the Note, it's absolutely everything I had hoped it could be and more. Perfectly suits me as a phone, the size has never been a bit of an issue yet, I hardly notice it in my pocket. If I wasn't a huge guy with huge hands I could see where it could potentially become an issue though.

no, the 5" streak was discontinued. i bought it last year (almost exactly 1 year ago). it's still a nice phone and i'll probably keep it for at least another 6 months.

roms are getting updated regularly but you have to download them off the internet, etc.

Hey.... any droid users here experiene an occasiional ( like once every few months) .. when you unplug the charger in the morning and unlock the ph, very slugish like 100 amps were running at once... try to power off and reboot but it just locks up on " shutting down " .. until you pull the battery ?

I've had this happen like 4 times since having my motorola Atrix.. not rooted..

Xperia X10 Mini, miniCM7 - 2.1.6. Unofficial port of 2.3.7, nAa-08 kernel running at stock speed (600mhz single core). Can run it at 749mhz but gets a little unstable.
Previously on my desk has been:
Samsung Galaxy S (lost count at how many different roms/kernels got flashed on it)
Samsung Wave 8500T (flashed to 8500B due to not having a single update here in Oz for Telstra)
Nokia N8 (flashed to Symbian Anna, will update to it Belle when i can get the chance)
iPhone 4 (sold for $550 AU unlocked, three weeks after their release)
iPhone 3GS
Nokia N97 and N95 8gb just to list a few :)
All of these previous handsets have gone to friends when i wanted to update to something else. Next on the cards WILL be a Galaxy Note.

IT turns out one of my favorite things about this phone is cheap interchangeable lithium batteries. Reminds me sort of electric bikes.

I keep a charging station with extra batteries...keep a soft cover on the phone and no longer keep the back of the phone on the phone. I simply slide the phone out of the soft case and then change the battery. The most convenient charge solution on a phone ever. I keep an emergency battery in the glove box of my car etc.

I get batteries for $5 each straight from china on ebay.

Here is an example...3 batteries and wall charger including shipping from china $15.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-2500mAh-Battery-US-Dock-Charger-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-i9220-N7000-LTE-i717-/110837928912?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item19ce7493d0

Go android die Apple.

I have an android phone. (open source) There was a time long ago when IBM was looked at like the status quo and Apple was the rebel way. Now Apple is worth more than Greece.

Its been 6months of bliss now with my Note.

Really really happy with it, and always actively looking for anything better. Nothing is out that comes close.

I'm still on my Nexus one and have no need to replace it. Some of the newer bigger screens are nice, but also take up more pocket space which is annoying.

zombiess said:
I'm still on my Nexus one and have no need to replace it. Some of the newer bigger screens are nice, but also take up more pocket space which is annoying.

The Note just slips in my pocket and fits perfectly.
Most important,it feels like its sized properly for use with my giant paws. If I was a tiny guy I might not like it. As a big guy, it feels like it was made for me. :)

Guy at work got a note a few weeks ago.. seems HUGE compared to my Atrix.. but it's slim, and light.

he likes it so far.. but damn it's big for a " phone " ... small for a tablet.

speaking of tablets.....

anyone have opinion on getting a playbook for 200$ vs a ship from china for 150 ish with droid ?

liveforphysics said:
Its been 6months of bliss now with my Note.

Really really happy with it, and always actively looking for anything better. Nothing is out that comes close.

Picked up the HTC Sensation 2 months ago, couldnt be happier with it, not the screen size of the Note but suitable for my needs...Was a toss up between the Samsung Galaxy 2 the build quality IMO lacked in the Samsung, screen was nicer granted but had a toy plastic feel to it, both run the dual core CPU performance wise they are on a par, the HTC is metal case feels alot more solid to me though so .....either way Gotta love Android.... 8)

KiM

I need a new phone as you guys have proly seen my blury pics lately from my 2.5 year old ipone. But Im in a contract with telus and they say I can outright buy a phone or wait till the end of my 3 year term to make a new contract for a new free phone. Little do they know I am dropping them soon as its up for someone with cheaper rates. We have wind mobile on the main land that will set you up with a 29.99 Anywhere in Canada incoming and out going calls unlimited (8000 miutes) and unlimited txt and data!!! But they will end up charging roaming fees if I got one for the island! :( I have herd there is others that work around here though. My current contract is 78 a mo for unlimited txt and incoming calls and free local calls after 6 and on weekends and 500mb data! I usaly end up over on a couple and pay 100-120 a mo! I herd we have the highest Cell phone rates in the world.

I'm sticking with Apple for now and the near future.

While my personal computers (one desktop and one laptop) are IBM clones (the true term, as the term PC can be applied to a Mac), and my work computer is a clone as well.

But the rocket in my pocket is the Iphone 4. I enjoy it quite a bit.

First, I had a ton of music on Itunes already, so that made the transition easier (I realize all that can be done on a droid), but I'm having really good luck with this phone so far. I've had it since early September and it's still running great, doesn't have a single scratch on it (thanks Otterbox) and is quite enjoyable. I'm on Verizon and, when not surrounded by a ton of steel (such as large buildings with brick and girders) I get fast 3g internet service, have never hit my data limit, and use it constantly.

I like the recording most of all. I use garage band and a few other apps, and with the Iphone connected to our Ipad I have a 64-track studio without the crackle, hiss and pop I used to get when I connected guitars and mics to my laptop.

I can, on the Iphone only, plug in headphones and make a drum track with eight separate tracks. The whole drum set is in stereo and it sounds real (because it is real. Each strike is a recorded digital sample). Then, once I have eight tracks I can feed them into the Ipad and it comes out as one stereo track.

Then, on the Iphone I can go back and make eight guitar tracks. When finished, feed it into track two on the Ipad.

Then bass guitar (I usually use a muted bass and then duplicate that track and use the upright bass to give it more punch). Two to three bass guitars blended. Feed that into track three on the Ipad.

I do the same with the pianos, organs and now they have strings (and the strings sound amazing).

If you put enough time into it you can make incredible music.

Plus, you can plug your guitar directly into the Iphone, Ipod, etc. and just jam away with all the effects, etc., or make a recording. I like using a real guitar because I can play it better than I can on the Iphone or Ipad. Bass guitar is easier.

I suppose I drifted form the main topic, and I suppose there are tons of musicians doing the same stuff I do, but on an android.

All I know is that I've been using Apple products (and I find Apple Corp to be horribly arrogant and annoying) since 1992, which is also the same year I started using email and the internet. So I'm kind of stuck on their format.

I think Microsoft, for all its good qualities, is nothing more than a money-making operation. Even though Apple's bottom line is its priority, at least they are trying to be creative. Microsoft is a butthole, in my opinion. They are about to release a license that you have to purchase if you want to use a non-windows based device to remotely access a windows desktop.

In other words, if your computer at work uses Windows, and you're in Vegas having fun and your boss calls: "Hey, Jim. I need you to work on the McGorsky account and have it finished by tomorrow," well, you're in a bit of a pickle, aren't you?

So you have to tell the ladies goodnight, get to your room and access your work computer from your not-windows-based phone.

Well, Microsoft doesn't want you using your android or Iphone to access Windows anymore unless you first buy a license.

That's the kind of crap I'm talking about, and I hope it comes back to bite them on the butt. I hope people say, "well, screw it. I'll just get a Mac at work and access it from my Iphone. So there."

But it also shows how far behind Microsoft is in its thinking. Computing is going to become more and more cloud-based, including all apps. The CD is going the way of the Dodo soon, and so is the hard drive. Flash and Cloud. That's the future (and for many the present).

So Microsoft can kiss my bass.

Oh, and you can take some pretty decent pics with the Iphone (or android) these days. They aren't good for action, but if you have the time to sit and compose a shot, or have a subject that can hold still for a few seconds, you can do quite well. I use HDR pro as my camera app. It's pretty freaking awesome.

CA04051219265269-M.jpg

CA04051219382531-M.jpg

And super cool Superhero pics like this:

ca04011217340078-copy-L.jpg

And then family stuff:

CA04051219181929-S.jpg

Back