Regen On Infineon

Ouch. Not a simple conection then. Beyond what I can knock up in the shed

Cheers

Well my board is different, but both the IC and crystal appear to be the same..so it could well be the same.

What software are you using? the version from cell-man? I have XPD, Keywin and Lyen apps

o00scorpion00o said:
That's a beefed up controller if ever I saw one! :mrgreen:

I assume you are referring to my pic...well beefed up...not by me...that is as it came from Electric Rider a standard Xlyte one. Even the other Xlyte controller that i have...direct from xlyte (18 FET one) has thick traces beefed up like that

o00scorpion00o said:
I just tried flashing new settings into the controller and the motor won't turn, It flashed fine, so whatever is different with this controller I don't know. I sent Lyen a message hopefully he can set me straight!

what software did you use when you flashed the controller that no longer works? the Lyen software or the one from cell man? Earlier you said you have the software from cell man, yet you talk of contacting Lyen ...so i assume you have a Lyen controller? Maybe try with Lyens software or XPD

this cable, it seems to have a PL2303 chip in it. This is a bog-standard USB to RS232 converter IC which you can find in
many usb-rs232 cables. It even shows RxD and TxD in your picture so it's easy to wire up something yourself

NeilP said:
o00scorpion00o said:
I just tried flashing new settings into the controller and the motor won't turn, It flashed fine, so whatever is different with this controller I don't know. I sent Lyen a message hopefully he can set me straight!

what software did you use when you flashed the controller that no longer works? the Lyen software or the one from cell man? Earlier you said you have the software from cell man, yet you talk of contacting Lyen ...so i assume you have a Lyen controller? Maybe try with Lyens software or XPD

Yes I have the Lyen controller using cell-mans software.

I got it working again, turns out the lvc was too low, there is a strange formula for putting in the correct voltage to the controller, which didn't need to be done for cell-mans controller, so that tells me there are different software versions for different EB3xx controllers!

Now I can't set the 120% throttle, maybe the software or it doesn't work on sensorless controllers ?

Hi Sorry to bug you again...but could do with one more pic if you have a moment. Pictures helping, yes, but one issue..
What happens to the black ground wire at the USB plug end? It comes off the controller board header, via the black plugs at controller and programming lead then disappears when it gets to the red board on the USB plug...

On the USB plug, I see the red goes to one side of the board and yellow to the other. is that two separate connections? It looks like one side (rd is 5v (Vcc) and the other is gnd (yellow) ?

I guess the section of heat shrink just out of shot in this pic, holds the key. does yellow change to black in the heat shrink..perhaps via a push button switch?

2011-11-30214515.jpg

Cheers and Happy Christmas

Neil

o00scorpion00o said:
Here you go, hope this helps!

2011-11-30193703.jpg

2011-11-30193501.jpg

2011-11-30200938.jpg

NeilP said:
Hi Sorry to bug you again...but could do with one more pic if you have a moment. Pictures helping, yes, but one issue..
What happens to the black ground wire at the USB plug end? It comes off the controller board header, via the black plugs at controller and programming lead then disappears when it gets to the red board on the USB plug...

On the USB plug, I see the red goes to one side of the board and yellow to the other. is that two separate connections? It looks like one side (rd is 5v (Vcc) and the other is gnd (yellow) ?

I guess the section of heat shrink just out of shot in this pic, holds the key. does yellow change to black in the heat shrink..perhaps via a push button switch?

Cheers and Happy Christmas

Neil

Hi Neil,

Happy xmas to yo too!

The yellow wire from the usb plug goes to the black wire from the 5 pin jst connector and the switch is in between the 2,

Yellow is connected to gnd on the opposite side of the pcb

Hope this helps ?

Yes, it helps..i took the chance that that was what it was, and tried it this afternoon.
But no joy, it would just not program.

tried various options, with power off the controller, power on the controller. swapping TX and RX lines

I guess this is just another Xlyte board that can't be programmed..or it can but only by the Xlyte APM.

Either that or the Lyen USB adapter is different to the Cell_Man one...will have to message paul again to find out

I think the usb adaptors are the same for the EB312 infineons.

If it's the current you want to turn up, then maybe solder the shunt a little ?

Completely different wiring scheme for the USB adapters. You also need the right software. Kinda unfortunate that it's proprietary.

I couldn't figure out how to get my lyen cable workin' on the new cell_man controllers.. so i ordered one from him -_-

Yes, I have the different wiring scheme, and have made up an adapter to swap the wiring between the Lyen cable and what is required for the Cell man adapter.

Tx, Rx Gnd and 5v are all as per Cell_Mans wiring.

I also have software from him.

When I first contacted him, i did ask if I needed one of his adapters, and this was not answered, so I assumed that I did not need one.

I have sent him another message this evening

neptronix said:
Completely different wiring scheme for the USB adapters. You also need the right software. Kinda unfortunate that it's proprietary.

I couldn't figure out how to get my lyen cable workin' on the new cell_man controllers.. so i ordered one from him -_-

You serious, the cell-man 312 is different to Lyen's 312 ? I didn't know that, the wiring looks the same ?

Cell-man's software programs the Lyen for me ?

DAND214 said:
Mac 500, 12 fet Infineon, 16S Zippy LiPo

Are you running a MAC?

No REGEN on gear hubs, if that's the case.

Brake switch cuts power to motor and clutch comes in and coasts.

If you are running a DD then the voltage is still too low as on 15s I see regen below 59v. No res mod.

On my MAC I don't get any.

Dan

Not at the moment, I'm waiting on a new clutch, keyway and axle.

I'm using the trusty pie motor for the moment, not as much fun as the pie!

o00scorpion00o said:
neptronix said:

You serious, the cell-man 312 is different to Lyen's 312 ? I didn't know that, the wiring looks the same ?

Cell-man's software programs the Lyen for me ?

Oh, i didn't know that lyen sold 3xx infineons. My bad if so. I thought his were all 2xx.

I have an Xlyte EB312 from ElectricRider..possibly different again

Lyen can't help, he told me so, so it will be just a matter of waiting on Paul to see what he comes up with

Ah no problem Dave, you had me wondering lol

By the way, when do you expect to have the pie ? I can't wait to see how you get on with it!

NeilP said:
I have an Xlyte EB312 from ElectricRider..possibly different again

Lyen can't help, he told me so, so it will be just a matter of waiting on Paul to see what he comes up with

I long for the day these controllers come with their own displays, and make it so they can program the controller without cables or laptops!

o00scorpion00o said:
Ah no problem Dave, you had me wondering lol
By the way, when do you expect to have the pie ? I can't wait to see how you get on with it!

It should be here next week. North America is very icy right now :|
First order of business will be drillin' those covers... :)

I can't believe how mild it is this year compared to last year. No problem e-biking this winter so far!

The last 3 winters were un Irish like cold, now we are back to Atlantic weather.

I was thinking of drilling the covers but the pie doesn't get hot on anything only the 16% I went up. And it's much too wet here for it to be reliable, unless I tried spraying it with the protective paint.

If you wire it up with 12G alpha eco wire you should have enough room for temp sensor wires. You should really do that because I have a feeling your climb will be longer than mine. The alpha insulation is really thin!

Bogging down is the problem and on 16S (controller set to 120%) max speed on level ground about 35 mph, at 16% 13 mph so a hell of a lot of power was being converted to heat!

I wonder if you ran 80 volts through it ? I know it's more watts but the higher voltage makes it spin faster keeping it more in the efficiency zone, Other thing is back off the current if increasing the voltage ?

But currently My controller settings are 60 battery and 140 amp phase, I don't know how high you can turn up the phase on the 12 fet? I know I'm maxed out at 60 battery unless I beef it up! But it accelerates very fast. I will fix the halls eventually to give it the extra speed.

Back