5403/5404 US/CANADA deadline! order is made!!!

Place for dealers to post items for sale.

Re: 5403/5404 US/CANADA deadline! order is made!!!

Postby sn0wchyld » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:52 pm

ninjamik wrote:Cheers dude!,
Ive got my fingers crossed. I've contacted max to see if there's anything he can do..
I am quite impressed with Cromotors but was a little disappointed when the new one only tested out at 9k not 13.
it looks like the 5403 is the baby to have, i mean if a stealth has one then thats the standard really ;)

what speed are you looking to do? you can always use a higher voltage. im pretty sure the stealth ones are 5405's, so a lower kv than either of these... the 5403 is more suited to recumbent and trikes with small wheels. The 5404 (a bit faster than the cro i think) will do 80km/h on 72v in a normal 26inch rim.
My builds:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29373
Norko Aline Park DH - Clyte HT3525 - 24s lipo
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=33657&p=534823#p534823
'02ish Avanti D8 - 8085 170kv - 5s 40ah lipo - ple80 recution
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=43143
RC Electric mountainboard
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=57489
RC longboard with my own CNC routered parts!
sn0wchyld
100 kW
100 kW

Postby ninjamik » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:51 pm

ah well the answer to that is probably as fast as possible! ;) hehe
but yeah round the 80kmph mark would do. well im English so 50mph would be the target so 81kmph would be ideal.
I wouldn't be booting it round at that speed all the time but i live in the outskirts of Manchester so there are a few nice,
open speed limit (60mph U.K) winding country lanes that id like to open up on.
Thanks for the advice though, maybe a 5404 would be a better choice. my donor bike has 26" wheels but it was planning on dropping the back to 24" for a lil extra torque.
but maybe i could do both for super torque or the 5404 would let me keep the 26" n still stay torquey...as countryside also comes with hills.
anyway i've got to get hold of a motor first befor my mind runs away with its self..i've contacted max and also gonna try ilia at ebike sf as i think he may have bought spares.
if i manage to get hold of one i will post up the plans of my build.
I'm a graphic and C.A.D product design engineer (an ex IT engineer too) so i have some pretty special plans to advance ebiking a lil or at least make myself one coolass ebike to ride for free,
as i plan to charge it from the solar panels im having installed on my design studio roof...Ahh. no power bills for my business and no fuel bills for my travel....nice. and a lil screw you to the government and power companies that have us by the short and curlies......freedom! haha

peace,
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby sn0wchyld » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:41 pm

ninjamik wrote:ah well the answer to that is probably as fast as possible! ;) hehe
but yeah round the 80kmph mark would do. well im English so 50mph would be the target so 81kmph would be ideal.
I wouldn't be booting it round at that speed all the time but i live in the outskirts of Manchester so there are a few nice,
open speed limit (60mph U.K) winding country lanes that id like to open up on.
Thanks for the advice though, maybe a 5404 would be a better choice. my donor bike has 26" wheels but it was planning on dropping the back to 24" for a lil extra torque.
but maybe i could do both for super torque or the 5404 would let me keep the 26" n still stay torquey...as countryside also comes with hills.
anyway i've got to get hold of a motor first befor my mind runs away with its self..i've contacted max and also gonna try ilia at ebike sf as i think he may have bought spares.
if i manage to get hold of one i will post up the plans of my build.
I'm a graphic and C.A.D product design engineer (an ex IT engineer too) so i have some pretty special plans to advance ebiking a lil or at least make myself one coolass ebike to ride for free,
as i plan to charge it from the solar panels im having installed on my design studio roof...Ahh. no power bills for my business and no fuel bills for my travel....nice. and a lil screw you to the government and power companies that have us by the short and curlies......freedom! haha

peace,

Ha! exactly how im powering my own bike right now!! pannels on the roof = income + free transport! Well, after paying the somewhat huge capital costs!

IF you are useing a 24 or 26 I'd recommend the '04 or the cro... I was planning on using it in a 26 at 24s lipo initially, but that'd put me at over 100km'h!! I'd even consider a 05 if they'd been on offer. the other thing to consider is the 03 would be very hard on controllers, particularly in larger wheels. lower speed motors are kinder on controllers, and you can just volt it up to get the speed you desire. less heating issues too. but enough of 03bashing... if you cant get one of these try a cromotor, alternatively contact 'hyena' and ask how/where he got his latest motor, he just got himself a 'ht40' witch is like a lightweight version of the 54xx, lower heat handling ability, but at the same time about 3kg lighter. that one on 20 or 24s i think will get you to 50mph with ease
My builds:
sn0wchyld
100 kW
100 kW

Postby Evoforce » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:10 pm

My vote is for a 5403 on a 26" rim. I will have one in a 20" rim though for a Puch moped build that is planned. Might even go hybred with it.
"Energy is all consuming and it is never ending. It just changes form as it morphs through time and space... " Evoforce
                                                                                   Several 5403 motors,  no time to build projects! Phoenix Racer(5303) crystalyte suspension mtn bike LiFepo4 72/20.  (409) crystalyte 48 volt hardtail.  In process... Phoenix Cruiser(5304)  LiFePo4 48/20.  First electric bike a 2009 XB 502-700 style, 36/20 sla scooter bike.  All charged by solar!
Evoforce
10 kW
10 kW

Postby ninjamik » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 pm

woah so if I ran the 5404 on 26" i could get 100kph, that sounds Nice!...think the desired speed just went up to that. haha.
yea cant wait to get my panels up...Im not feeding back though Im setting up totally independent of the grid/government:)
I gotta finance the glass matt batts for that yet too, this year is becoming expensive already! but it did mean I could do a smaller setup to add to gradually.
where did everyone get all the motor stats from? I presume you get more info on the inside (if you ordered;)
cheers for all your help btw i now have a few avenues to explore on my hunt for ultimate wattage! :)

I am still edging towards the 5403 for pure speed but i heed warnings of controller troubles as this hunt for the ultimate high of E-speed (sounds like something you do a lot as a teenager;) is getting expensive. I know it's to be expected with custom parts and bleeding edge technology but it is always wise then to minimise damages.
yeah think you may have me convinced, the 04 is probably the better option, if i can get 100kph out of it that should be fine, i would like to make the worlds fastest racer but i would also like it to last and to climb hills with ease.
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby sn0wchyld » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:24 pm

its all a bit theoretical, since theres no guarantee you can get one... but yea, a 5404 on a higher voltage sounds like it'd suit you pretty well. All the numbers that I have are derived from the 530x motors, witch should have similar speeds for each wind, and a tad less torque. no guarantees though.

http://ebikes.ca/simulator/

you can see in that the range of 530x motors, and what speed they'll do under various conditions.
My builds:
sn0wchyld
100 kW
100 kW

Postby Evoforce » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:50 am

This is a 54xx series motor and I expect any of the winds to be of tank proportions. The majority of the ones I ordered are 5403 with one exception of a 5404. I really enjoy my 53xx series motors and have a high regard for them. I am waiting to be even more brutified! :twisted:
"Energy is all consuming and it is never ending. It just changes form as it morphs through time and space... " Evoforce
                                                                                   Several 5403 motors,  no time to build projects! Phoenix Racer(5303) crystalyte suspension mtn bike LiFepo4 72/20.  (409) crystalyte 48 volt hardtail.  In process... Phoenix Cruiser(5304)  LiFePo4 48/20.  First electric bike a 2009 XB 502-700 style, 36/20 sla scooter bike.  All charged by solar!
Evoforce
10 kW
10 kW

Postby ninjamik » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 am

I think i'd be happy with either one. just gotta gets me hold of one of em!, you aint got a spare for sale have ya evo? seeing as you ordered so many! ;P haha
thanks for the simulator advice. that was why i originally wanted a 5403 because the 5303 seemed the fastest on that but was rated to overheat in 14mins or sumat like that at the power levels i was thinking. maybe the ampage i was putting in was to high but the sign overheat never would be best!;)
so i thought maybe the 5403 would give me the same speed specs as the 5303 but with a longer run time at cooler temps..plus will have a lil extra torque due to larger winds and hub width.
but if both 5404 & 03 motors will take me over 50-60mph then i suppose the 5404 may come in handy for faster acceleration and hill power. although i saw a vid of a 5303 on hill climb and it didnt look slow.
so doubt either one will disappoint :)
you see ( i don't wanna reveal too much yet but) i'm going for a still very fast but super comfy road sports tourer rather than out and out sports bike or crosser (think honda goldwing/pan european rather than R1/fireblade or kmx.) i plan to make another off roader later on! (this bug does get you don't it?!!) that will be more like a stealth and aimed at dirt tracks and trails. but for the moment i'm concentrating on a decent replacement for my car travel..addressing issues such as comfort, weather protection, safety, night visibility, communication systems and a lil something i like to call VIBE, visual-intergrated-bike-entertainment.like ICE. (in car entertainment not internal combustion engine!) but better.
anyway like i said i think either one would do the trick! (i'm edging to the 5404 now but that speed option wont go away) just gotta get one now.. I'm still waiting to hear from maxwell, dont think hes been on to read my message yet. and i am gonna try ilia at ebikes sf. does anyone know if hes on here or will i just have to contact support at ebikes.sf? i'm pretty sure he piggy backed an order for himself on the main international ES order. If hes bought some to re sale maybe i can be his first customer..may end up a lil more expensive than getting in on the order but at least i'll have one :)

cheers for all your advice guys,
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby ninjamik » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:40 am

P.S big up to anyone who has a fast ebike that charges off solar for free!!!

Icarus melted his wings for trying to fly to near the sun..now we just reach out and grab a lil piece of that flaming badboy in the sky,
crush it up into a lil box and use it to fly round at 60mph on ebikes. Thats technology for ya! ;) hehe
ah ah ah ...I bless this e-bike with the power of the eternal sun...to unleash its power forever!! (well for a 1000cycles or so!;) ha.
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby Evoforce » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 am

Ninja, I am a lot cash poor right now but I would probably rather prostitute myself out rather than sell one of these motors at this point in time...However, if I were smart, I would let one of these dreams go as I have too many irons in the fire as usual. Be patient. One of us in this group buy, may be forced to sell one off for whatever reason. You might have to pry off the cold, clammy, dead hands first before operating it on your build though! :twisted:
Evoforce
10 kW
10 kW

Postby ninjamik » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 am

HaHaHa, speaking of prostitution on the opposite end of the scale.
I had my fishnet tights with the hole in the ass on and my most scarlet red lipstick, ready applied to help get me one of these.
but phew, max may have saved the day! think he may be able to arrange me one extra..will have to pay the air mail, but i actually might get one!! Yea!!
so was actually thinking cold dead hands might make good heatsinks too!;) or y'know a bit of a novelty on yer motor like them fingers you got that look like someone is trapped in yer car boot!/trunk! haha
anyway! if i come on singing and writing poetry! you know i succeeded i getting the order!....
yes! now to find a supplier and the money for some serious amounts of a123 prismatic cells....mmwhahahaha...

speak soon dudes!
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby sn0wchyld » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am

ninjamik wrote:HaHaHa, speaking of prostitution on the opposite end of the scale.
I had my fishnet tights with the hole in the ass on and my most scarlet red lipstick, ready applied to help get me one of these.
but phew, max may have saved the day! think he may be able to arrange me one extra..will have to pay the air mail, but i actually might get one!! Yea!!
so was actually thinking cold dead hands might make good heatsinks too!;) or y'know a bit of a novelty on yer motor like them fingers you got that look like someone is trapped in yer car boot!/trunk! haha
anyway! if i come on singing and writing poetry! you know i succeeded i getting the order!....
yes! now to find a supplier and the money for some serious amounts of a123 prismatic cells....mmwhahahaha...

speak soon dudes!

good to hear mate! what one did you end up getting?
My builds:
sn0wchyld
100 kW
100 kW

Postby ninjamik » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:25 pm

well it's not totally final..
like the missus always moans about i may be gettin exited a lil too soon... ;P hehe
but think im in for a 5403..i did heed your advice about the 5404 and i may regret not having that extra torque but i posted to Max about a 403 so i didnt wanna mess him around.
I may still be able to specify a change as its not totally final yet..he just said he should be able to sort it n he'll confirm in a day or two.
See I think i should be ok as i dont intend any super off road hill climbs or motocross ability, i mean it would still be nice to do a little offroadin' but it will be mainly a road hyper-cruiser so i'm hoping with the fat stator and winding it should be plenty torquey (that's also a place near cornwall u.k;).....

do u think the 5403 will deffo cause me problems?? i would in dream land like super acceleration as I watched the lad from EVlab NZ smashin 650 crossers n keepin up with superbikes in 0-60/ 200yrd dashes!! although it was a custom crank drive. i would just like to have the acceleration and speed of an average car maybe, 0-50 in 5 maybe 6secs? or faster if poss n a top of 60+. I know this is going to be costly in batteries and controller etc but my mates just got a job at Carol Nash bike insurance n he gets discount and free motorbike lessons/test, so i promised him a lil competition! :) haha

i presume he might get sumat like an R6 for his first bike, so although I know i will never really keep up in a race, it would be nice to be able to keep up in general sorta road conditions though. so he ain't waitin' around for me!.. n maybe give him a lil challenge when he's not ready from a standstill..haha That Kiwi guy got me bloody drooling kudos to you dude!

Ive got a 12cell 36v set of 42160 16ah headways. I know they don't get too good press on here but i already bought them at a v good price before finding the forum. i couldn't actually find the tests of the latest 15a and 16a ones. the doc said he only received the 10ah ones off his supplier and that's the last i could find. there have been the 40152 15ah and the 42160 16ah since. Any way i grabbed em as for the cheaper price compared to a123 prysmatics with near enough similar stats i thought i'd be ok. Plus I plan to use the mixed form factors of the 2 different cell types in an innovative way with a special construction process to keep the headway cells linked in long cylinders held together in a T- cross section that'll hug my frame and the A123 packs, maybe 20 or so to get me to 108v or sumat in a V formation of two stacks to slip over the head ways. with appropriate protection of course. hard to explain properly i will post plans of my build soonish, but i am hoping to pack a whole lotta battery into the frame as i don't want front boxes or tail trays or big cubes in my frame..this would be impossible using just one form factor. cylindrical or flat panel/square. I can hook up a dual cell type bms system to use them together i think cant i?..

The square is usually the friend of the engineer and sometimes the Designer, but mainly the enemy of the artist! I hate boxes they are evil on a bike for looks and dynamics. its a personal choice as aesthetics are very important but so is function to go with that form, so the weight will be kept just forward of the middle of the bike. just behind the front wheel, at the front of the frame for nice control dynamics..to make a perfect ebike you must combine form and function in a symbiotic way...

anyway, fingers crossed to be very soon biggin' up the 540X crew! ;)
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby sn0wchyld » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Well I'd still be going for a 5404. at 100v in a large wheel your not going to be upset at the top speed, and it will be kinder on both your controller and batteries.
I'd be looking into lipo for your batteries. they're fairly cheap, very light and without spending big $$ the most powerful type available. They do require some TLC to stop them misbehaving and burning up but the rewards are worth it IMHO.

Just a teaser for you blokes waiting for the 540x motors, I stumbled accross this on the tube today... apparently a 5405 at 100v/100a. looks torquey and damn near silent!

My builds:
sn0wchyld
100 kW
100 kW

Postby ninjamik » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:52 am

Nice! that motor looks a beast!! so yea think you may have me convinced on the 5404 then..think i will change my order if its possible! dunno if it is, so will be happy with the 5403 if i can't ill just have to get a beefy controller...the lipo i will investigate more and in a future project will deffo use it...i will be building a badass DH bike next where max power to weight are king..for the moment i really want some decent reliability and charging ease as it will be a fast comfy commuter..i wanna be able to just plug in and charge at a mates if i need extra juice to get home..plus I "smoke" quite a bit so can sometimes be a lil forgetful! ;) hehe so i know i may end up charging up a fire for myself..I do love the power to weight and the big c ratings but as this will be my main mode of transport i would like it easy to use... I would like all that power in a tiny package but this build does give me a large space in the frame to build in the larger cells.. plus i already went lifepo4 with my headways! (wish i would of found this place sooner!) so im gonna stick with that chemistry but expand with a123s....it will just get mega complex if i try to mix n match now! and like i said i am going to be very innovative with my final batt shape due to a special construction..so it shouldn't take up too much room. I can understand why you love it as you are a racer, i presume you spend quite a bit of maintenance and TLC every time you use your bike...i would like something a little more plug n play! so to speak...I totally agree its the more powerful chemistry if ur willing to put in the extra care, a little like running Nitro/methanol race fuel is much faster than petrol. but if i had a choice between a still very fast but useable hyabusa i could just fill up at the garage, vs an even faster, drag or track bike that took way more care and a speciasl fuel mixture i would be going for the hyabusa for its everyday usability! while still being pretty damn fast...as i get more into ebiking i'm sure i may make the change..
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby oatnet » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:02 pm

ninjamik wrote:Nice! that motor looks a beast!! so yea think you may have me convinced on the 5404 then..think i will change my order if its possible! dunno if it is, so will be happy with the 5403...

Just lace it into a smaller rim for the same result. 8)
Member 117 of 19,000+

153v DUNE BUGGY © 164v Vectrix E-Moto © 72v Norco A-line/x5403 © 60v Specialized Enduro Comp/BMC © 72v x5tracycle © 48v TF IO/BMC © 36v Kepler FrictionDrive © Spot-Welding a123 © Pelican Front Packs © Vectrix Battery Replacement © MORE !!

Image大鸡巴 Motors
Knowledge is acquired through experience, everything else is just information - Albert Einstein
"Cheater?" I'm not competing, I'm Commuting!
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby ninjamik » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Cheers man, Think that's what i plan to do as i dont think i'm gonna get to change the 5403 now. don't care really so long as its a 54xx n the 03 is the fastest.
its a 26" im runnin so thats why sn0wchyld mentioned the controller stress! (cheers for that dude!) but im gonna drop to 24"s cant drop any further than that as the pedals will hit the floor. ;)
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby Evoforce » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:05 am

I'd say run it at 26". I'm racing a 5303 and 72v headways with a 24 fet Lyen controller and it is a top contender on the bicycle racing circuit.
Evoforce
10 kW
10 kW

Postby ninjamik » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:32 am

Nice, like it Evo!

i've been having a bit of a panic lately...but that was the perfect thing you could have said...
(only because i know Snowchyld advised lipo and a 5404, Thanks for all your advice man I know its sound! I heed all advice of those more experienced at a subject than I. plus i might wanna talk twin motors soon:)

you see I got the headways and thought i had made a mistake even though i did pick them because i presumed the safer Lifepo4 was better and the 42160 16AH i ordered seemed really good for the cheap price i paid...I got the diy kit, and have nearly finished building them in cylinders to fit snug with my frame rather than in a big box.. The fact people were explaining it in cute Chinese as "Now no explode, will no fire" was good...hehe

just to ask, how hard would it be to now run them along side a a123 pack i build? or is this impossible? im sure it can be done but you would end up maybe matching to the lower power batteries (the headways?).. its just i have an innovative structure design to make a very high density battery in the perfect shape and space for my frame, the cylindrical cells wont fit quite so well, (i think the main complaint of headway packs?) i wanna keep the headways as my design actually incorporates the two form factors, just a123s would not fit, plus i hate squares!! the enemy of organic beauty!!

also i'm a very unhappy Ninja as max can't get me a 54xx now, he tried but I would have to order another 50, and although i want one really bad i cant justify 49 replacements :mrgreen: haha

id advertise another bulk buy but i doubt id get 50 people they seemed to struggle last time in europe anyway....maybe when a vid of the speed of these things is out...hehe

aslo contacted hyena as he mentioned spares but he has sold the two he had spare i think! my last hope is Ilia but i only have the address support@e-bikes-sf so will have to hope he gets it...

both max and hyena have got/can get the hs5140s an upgrade to the hs540 which i presume are quick but they are not as beefy as the 54xx's so cant take as much heat or abuse for a long time,

i still have the cromotor hubzilla to choose from as it has just ran over 60mph on 21"s so if you ran ot 26" maybe that would be fine too... its just compared to the 54xx they all seem a bit of a make do or consolation prize...haha.

I will try ilia and wait a few days for the answer then make a choice on my second choice :(that's why i might wanna talk twin drive!!;)

just a bit gutted i cant build the super fast street tourer i had planned..could still be a fast street tourer just not a super fast one..
ninjamik
10 W
10 W

Postby ZOMGVTEK » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Did anyone order a 5404 unlaced that now wants it laced into a 31mm 26"?

I'm thinking unlaced might work out better for me, but can definitely manage the laced motor I ordered. Just throwing it out there.
ZOMGVTEK
100 kW
100 kW

Postby Evoforce » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:40 am

Zom, just contact Max and tell him you no longer want it laced. It is not coming laced from China you are paying extra for it being assembled into the rim in North America. I am assuming you are in the US/Canada order.
Evoforce
10 kW
10 kW

Postby ZOMGVTEK » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Evoforce wrote:Zom, just contact Max and tell him you no longer want it laced. It is not coming laced from China you are paying extra for it being assembled into the rim in North America. I am assuming you are in the US/Canada order.

I did, and he said they are already laced and boxed up ready to go out.
ZOMGVTEK
100 kW
100 kW

Postby ryan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 pm

ZOMGVTEK wrote:he said they are already laced and boxed up ready to go out.

Whoa. Laced and ready to ship from where? China? Max's? Is there an update on the ETA for these?
Marin DH Electric Mountain Climber. Crystalyte 5304. 72v20Ah (Dual 36v20Ah 12S2P LiFePO4 Headways). 18 FET Low RDS MOSFET Overclocker Ready LYEN Controller. (See Build Thread)
ryan
10 kW
10 kW

Postby Evoforce » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:52 am

:?: I thought China was shipping (motors only) to be laced at destination. :?:
Evoforce
10 kW
10 kW

Postby Deutch420 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:56 am

Evoforce wrote::?: I thought China was shipping (motors only) to be laced at destination. :?:

After reading this, i contacted max to see if i could change my rim size. He said all the hubs are already laced to rims AND packaged up for shipping.
GM Rear, Drill mod. 12FET Lyen @ 45A, 24s2p 100v 10ah LiPo. 1999 Mongoose = 49MPH.
Crystalyte 5304 rear 18FET lyen @ 80amps, 24s4p 100v 20ah LiPo. Kona Dawg = 52mph
Crystalyte 5403 rear 18FET Lyen @ 80amps, 24s4p 100v 20ah LiPo. Phasor frame = 58mph 100%, 62mph 120%
Deutch420
100 W
100 W

PreviousNext

Return to Items for Sale - New