Cyclone throttle to Kelly controller

Fedefrigo

1 µW
Hello guys
this is the first post here i am a novice and i am trying to make a Cyclone 1200w works,
i blew up the first cyclone controller cause i connected the wires in the wrong order then
now after buying an expensive Kelly KBS48101 controller i am trying to wired all the things up again :cry: !!!!
I ve already connected the motor and the 7 pin connector attached to it. Hall wires ecc.... to the motor.

Now the problem is with the throttle, the Cyclone has a 7 pin connector again but the female Kelly connector has 9 wires :?: :?: :?: SO?????

i attach few pics of the throttle wires and the female scheme of wirings.

Could you help

Thanks a Lot.. :mrgreen:

P.S. This is the forum that talks about the future... Thanks

Attachments

• foto2.JPG
    foto2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 607
  • foto3.JPG
    foto3.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 607
Dark green, Orange and Black for your throttle (on the kelly side)

you coud tie off the rest and not use them... but if you want a brake switch etc. wire those in.

Thank's man

But back to basics.... ( i am a novice i told you!)

On the Cyclone side?????

Kelly>Cyclone

Dark green>?
Orange>?
black>?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I am not much more than a novice myself....

can you take the casing of the throttle apart?? Can you trace any of those wires back to other things such as micro switches etc to rule them out.??

I don't think there is too much to go wrong if you get it wired incorrectly - it just wont' work...

someone who knows more than me can chime in at this point.

Fedefrigo said:
On the Cyclone side?????
1 - Voltage (48v)
2 - 5v
3 - brake
4 - ground
5 - signal

Look on Cyclone controller label, there's picture of throttle connector :)
3897819163_2bb7b818bd.jpg

But I'm afraid to disappoint you, I tried to use Kelly controller KBS48051E with 40.000erpm (it works without breaks only no load), and I guess Cyclone 48v controller must have 100.000 erpm (read this post).

Thank you much for your interest but

:?: :?: :?: :?:
Now that everithing is connected nothing appens???????

there are no lights on on the cyclone throttle and the motor doesen't move at all..

Now what to do??????

I followed your suggestion to look at the cyclone connection over the old case but nothing.

Check the controller key switch is on (top side of last kelly pic).
Measure the voltage on Cyclone connector pins 1 and 4, 2 and 4.

Back